1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

KeithB's SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB V6 4.0 TRD Sport 4x4

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by KeithB, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Apr 24, 2014 at 6:30 AM
    KeithB

KeithB [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    Yep, that was me. I'm there every Tues from 6:15 - 8pm. I have a 6 year old playing on fields 6-7 and a 12 year old practicing on field 3.

I am also there on Thursdays either to drop off or pick up breifly and Sat or Sun for varying time games.

I will keep an eye out for you next time.

I was just looking back to see when you first posted in this thread about seeing me around town. Can't believe it's been over a year. We never did get together. Hopefully our paths will cross at the soccer field this spring.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  2. Aug 8, 2014 at 2:34 PM
    TRDh4vok

TRDh4vok Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gil
    Palm Beach County
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD PreRunner Sport
    -4" MaxTrac Spindle lift -5100 RCD Bilstein's -1/2" Strut Spacer driver's side (Taco Lean fix) -1/4" Strut Spacer passenger side (Taco Lean fix) -4" Tapered Blocks -Extended length U bolts -Front Skid Plate -Exhaust Tip -Tube Steps - Silver -Bed Extender -LEER Tonneau Cover -Rampage Roof Cab Lights -Rampage Tailgate Light Bar Six Function SUPERBRITE with Reverse Lights, Running Lights, Brake lights, Emergency Hazard and L & R turn signals -exLED Toyota Tacoma Custom interior LED Light Kit -PIAA Xtreme White Plus head lights and fog lights -NITTO Terra Grapplers 285-70-17 -30" Avec CR-Series Led Light Bar in bumper grill -Two 6.5" Led light bar's attached to the A pillars -Hood hinge bracket mounts from Famous Fabrications -Exhaust muffler Aero Turbine AT2525XL -OEM Roof Racks -OTTRAW Rocker switch -Stant locking gas cap -Large T emblem and mid mount bracket from Diaz Fabrications
    Sub'ed

3. Sep 16, 2014 at 10:25 AM
    KeithB

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    Updated mods list in first post. Updated pics coming soon - minor changes.

4. Apr 8, 2015 at 1:46 PM
    KeithB

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    New Rigid 10" amber hood scoop light bar new 4/6/15 and amber fogs. Also, since I last posted, I've replaced the nerf bar steps that rusted out with OEM running boards in April 2014 and replaced terra grappler tires with terra grappler G2 tires last month. G2's seem to be louder on the highway than the origonals. Go figure! But they now have 65k mile treadwear warranty.

I like the hood scoop light bar but not so sure about the lamin-x amber fogs. Definately cuts down on light output and they are a little darker amber than I would have liked. Only $17 bucks so I may end up peeling them off and going with amber bulbs instead.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  5. Nov 18, 2016 at 6:31 AM
    KeithB

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    Ended up keeping the amber fogs. Since last year, I have switched out the G2's for Bridgestone Revo II. Turns out the noise was not the tires but rather my wheel bearings. Once that was fixed, the tires are quiet as can be. Replaced my tonneau vinyl a few weeks ago as the old one was starting to show it's age (7 years).

Also recently decided to finally install my LED back up lights (flush mount in the bumper). Put it off for over a year as I was apprehensive about cutting up my bumper. They do not sit 100% flush due to the curve of the bumper but I knew that going in and was part of the reason for waiting so long. I'm going to fill the top gap with black RTV sealant for appearances. I covered the bumper cut areas with painters tape, marked my cuts, used a 3/8 drill to mark the corners and then an angle grinder cut off wheel to make the straight cuts.

Also relocated my trailer wire harness as long as I was cutting up the bumper anyway. I used the OEM plug but since it only has the 2 bolts on one side, it did not feel firmly attached when disconnecting the trailer wiring. So I added 2 #4-40 bolts under the cap in the two little triangular areas to snug it up. I used a 2-1/4" metal hole saw to make the cuts. As you can see below, the saw jumped and I scratched the paint a little (even trhough the painters tape which was very little security anyway) below the outlet but used some touch up paint to cover it.

Lastly, I removed my custom TRD beach cruiser bedside decals since they were not good quality to begin with and were starting to bubble and flake and replaced with 2016 model TRD 4x4 Sport decals. Pics in next post.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  6. Nov 18, 2016 at 6:32 AM
    KeithB

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    20161117_160805_3e3a65707e99a4c7fddf71b5c5e632eb2fa27ea8.jpg

20161117_160831_1d1dabee67626c5acec291819d83a7fdbce11d37.jpg

20161117_160855_311e74836301cf9f3821daac53696e466b9345c6.jpg

20161117_160905_38e5f4ae1019f71ca808abc49ec39b774d21607b.jpg

20161117_160939_30e8f9022e2f4587c1919158eda673d6a9d0d695.jpg

20161117_160954_ba6be124e2c1a70620a76577d454afdb460037b8.jpg

20161117_160823_4b1849811a6835fea763ccdcbe01d4e9b12a002e.jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    jjkj likes this.
  7. Nov 18, 2016 at 6:36 AM
    KeithB

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    And some updated shots:

20161117_161009_1b0d62ca235e5726c16e8e3a34621d3c8e9cd225.jpg

20161117_161106_48db4849ef901b5b247ce40b1e89ac781a024b3d.jpg

20161117_161121_5eec3766143ba1075650799e054cccafde05212d.jpg

BassAckwards likes this.
  8. Nov 18, 2016 at 7:37 AM
    KeithB

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    So this year, I've done the following maintenance and repairs (Milage 122,000 through 140,000):

All work done by myself except wheel bearings, injector, Oil control valve and windshield. $2,800. Expensive year for maintenance but I guess with the age and mileage, it has to be done every so often. Things wear out and don't last forever.

Replaced tires
    Replaced front wheel bearings
    Replace injector coil pack #5
    Replace oil control valve
    Replaced windshield
    Replace rotors and brake pads
    Replaced 3 u-joints in driveshaft
    Replaced carrier bearing
    Replaced 3 idler pulleys and tensioner pulley and serpentine belt
    Replaced UCA bushings (total chaos UCA's)
    Replaced spark plugs
    Replaced engine air filter
    Replaced oil filter 4x and changed oil 2x

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  9. Feb 14, 2017 at 10:34 AM
    KeithB

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    I noticed on my truck a few weeks ago that the LED parking light (corner markers) bulbs were burnt out and put the OEM bulbs back in. Just realized in the pictures above that my LED corner marker bulbs have been burnt out since at least November. I only got them in June.

10. Jul 7, 2017 at 10:30 AM
    KeithB

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
  11. Oct 23, 2017 at 1:33 PM
    KeithB

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    BassAckwards likes this.
  12. Oct 27, 2017 at 10:16 AM
    KeithB

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    Also ordered some clazzio seat covers (all black/center perforated with blue stitching) with seat heaters and a new steering wheel leather cover from Redline goods (black/perf with blue stitching). Also want to get the shift knob re-covered with black perf leather and blue stitching. Hopefully should all be installed by Christmas time. Plan to pre-wire the seat heaters in the next couple of weeks. Then the steering wheel cover should be ready to install but the clazzio's won't be ready for another 8-10 weeks.:( But from what I've read they are worth the wait. So psyched about the interior makeover. Haven't really done anything new with the truck in a while.

Almost forgot, since I'll be removing the center console to do some wiring, I got some USB ports for the back seat and to replace the cig lighter.

13. Mar 12, 2018 at 2:18 PM
    KeithB

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    Finally some pictures of the seat covers, steering wheel wrap, USB's, seat heater switches, mirror riser, Lexus F series shift knob, tufskinz cup holder foam inserts and just got some new tires. Also swapped to aftermarket tail lights last summer.

Let's start with the Clazzio seat covers, all black with blue stitching:

Steering wheel wrap, shift knob, and tufskinz:

Tail lights:

UBS ports and seat heater controls:

Mirror riser (got the ball mount option but don't have anything to put on it yet):

and finally Falken Wildpeak AT3W P285/70R17 tires:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  14. Apr 10, 2018 at 7:41 AM
    KeithB

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    New pictures:

TRlPPlN likes this.
  15. Apr 12, 2018 at 9:07 AM
    NC15TRD

NC15TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    16 Sierra SLT All Terrain
    Readylift, Truxedo, Husky Liners, Carven
    What did you use in the cup holders/pencil holder?
    Edit: Nevermind. I'm an idiot and didn't read

16. Apr 12, 2018 at 11:34 AM
    KeithB

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    Yup, you got it. I like them, not for everyone though. They come with a peal off backing so you can stick them in place. I didn't feel it was necessary to stick them and also wanted to be able to remove them for easy cleaning so I just left the peel off backing in place.

https://www.tufskinz.com/collections/toyota

17. Jul 23, 2018 at 4:10 AM
    KeithB

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    Upgraded headlights to match my tails with the LED bar:

Before and after:

TRlPPlN likes this.
  18. Jul 27, 2018 at 5:36 AM
    KeithB

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    And a few more:

19. Aug 1, 2018 at 6:45 PM
    jjkj

jjkj Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    WY
    Vehicle:
    QS ‘20 OR
    Really like how you flush mounted those pods in your bumper, gonna have to look into that. Sweet looking trucking man!

20. Aug 1, 2018 at 6:50 PM
    TRlPPlN

TRlPPlN Pavement Cruiser

Member:
    Bay Area, CA South SF to be precise
    Vehicle:
    MGM DCSB 09 DC TRD Sport 4x4 - Family Hauler
    He truck is looking good . I want to do more stuff to mine or buy small stuff but I have wait . :mad:

Products Discussed in

To Top