1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kel Tec PF 9

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Johns Taco, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Oct 6, 2011 at 8:12 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    thats the SR9c not the LC9

2 different pistols and the LC9 is FAR thinner than either of those 2

http://www.ruger.com/products/lc9/models.html

2. Oct 6, 2011 at 8:17 PM
    kessler89

kessler89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    OH
    Vehicle:
    12' Pro4x 6MT
    TBA

yeah i just edited my post i just saw he was talking about the LC9, but anyone looking at a double stack sub compact auto, the glock is smaller than the XD and SR9c

3. Oct 10, 2011 at 9:54 AM
    wingspar

wingspar Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab
    I bought a PF9 in August. I’ve never had a problem with it. I’ve got 400 rounds thru it. The long trigger pull is an easy pull. I have no way of measuring it, but after putting about 80 rounds thru it one day, I finished off the range trip shooting my Sig P220 in double action. The trigger felt like pulling on a brick wall in comparison to the PF9 trigger. The long trigger pull on these little guns, and they all have it, is sort of a safety feature. I mean, I don’t think you want a light trigger on a carry gun. The long trigger pull reduces accidental discharge.

The price of the PF9 makes this little gun very attractive, and was the final selling point for me. My #2 choice was the Walther PPS, but at almost 3 times the cost. I’m happy with my decision. It is a tiny hand held cannon, and kicks like a mule, but is fun to shoot. It’s not a range gun.

Someone said this thread is worthless without photos.

[​IMG]

4. Oct 10, 2011 at 12:00 PM
    kessler89

kessler89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    OH
    Vehicle:
    12' Pro4x 6MT
    TBA
    nice knife, i have a cold steel recon tanto that has been thru hell and back and keeps on cutting! it's been thru 55gal steel drums, steel trash cans ect ect lol! there's more silver on the blade than black these days

5. Oct 13, 2011 at 9:25 PM
    tclarke1

tclarke1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner SR5 Single Cab 2wd
    Tint, Subwoofer, De-badged, Billet Grille, URD Short Throw Shifter, MaxTrac Spindles
    I just bought a pf9. I own a p11 also. I loved carrying my p11. It performed wonderfully at the range. I cant wait to shoot my new pf9 this weekend.

6. Oct 13, 2011 at 9:51 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint
    youll like the pf9 the trigger is so much better compared to the p11 and its so much thinner and makes a great small edc

7. Oct 14, 2011 at 5:00 AM
    g35man

g35man Discount Double Check

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    League City, TX
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DC 4x4 OR
    Icon Stage II lift kit, LR uca's, Weather Tech floor mats, FX-R retrofit, Morimoto factory fit LED fogs, flyzeye designs cup holder lights, wet okole seat covers, upgraded Entune system
    I'm looking forward to seeing more reviews for the beretta nano. That could be another option for you.
    [​IMG]

8. Oct 14, 2011 at 6:51 AM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    Good news that I discovered this morning in my lack of sleep induced state...as I was shuffling things into and out of the safe for my weekend off (thats right...whats in and out depends on my work schedule)

a keltec pf9 very comfortably and securely fits in all but 1 of my 1911 holsters

seriously

it rides very very nicely in all my IWB holsters as well as the kydex friction retention style

The only one it doesnt work in is the one with the strap that goes over the gun

pretty freakin sweet because now i dont have to buy a new holster!

It also fits pretty dang well in my little cheap blackhawk size 8 holster that normally carries my .357

9. Oct 14, 2011 at 7:09 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    I have the p3at, the only thing i do not like about it is that it has a real late trigger pull. The again its a carry gun, not a target gun so it doesn't bother me too much. Kel tek makes some good quality stuff

10. Oct 15, 2011 at 5:53 PM
    CNEDEER

CNEDEER If ya ain't first, your last!

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC TRD OR 4x4
    Just went on Wednesday to purchase my first handguns. Ended up buying a Springfield XDM 9mm and Kahr Subcompact 9mm. I knew I was getting the XDM, but was on the fence regarding what subcompact model I wanted to purchase. I looked at the keltec, s/w bodyguard 380, and the ruger lcp. For me the s/w and ruger were just a bit small as all of them left my pinky off the grip, which I was not crazy about. Although they are meant for conceal carry, so obviously thats why. As mentioned, ended up buying the Kahr, and so far I am pleased with it!

11. Oct 15, 2011 at 6:56 PM
    mandzach

mandzach Well-Known Member

Member:

You made VERY wise selections. ;)

12. Nov 23, 2011 at 7:45 PM
    WhyNotFab

WhyNotFab Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD Off Road
    I've owned 2 PF9s, I did the 'fluff & buff' process to the first one before ever firing it.. so I was unable to tell a difference, it was flawless, never jammed/no FTE, went bang every time. Wasn't comfortable to shoot much though lol.. Ended up selling it when I needed some extra cash though.

Came across a deal on another one recently, took it to the range twice and it seemed to jam up or not eject, it would happen at least once per mag.. so I polished the feed ramp, the chamber, inside the slide rails, all of the parts that needed it.. installed a Hogue grip, and painted the sights.. took it out last weekend, felt like a completely different gun.. Way more comfortable to shoot, which the grip and sights combined made a noticeable difference in accuracy for me, and I put 100 rounds through it without a single hiccup! Love it now, will be getting a 1911 holster for it to carry once I get my CCW. I have a couple other handguns, but this one is so thin..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Jan 10, 2012 at 5:37 PM
    FLtaco

FLtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Cocoa beach, fl
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner dc
    Painted stock wheels, bfg km2s, 5100s front and rear, tc spindles, add a leaf, 3" block, debaged, flowmaster exhaust, 2nd air filter removed, wheel spacers and k&n air filter
    Thread Revive
    Just purchased a PF9 today get to pick it up Friday. I plan on performing the "fluff&buff" before shooting. Any one kind enough to point me right direction to do it correctly. Tools needed, etc...
    Also I keep reading on this thread no dry firing. When I was first taught how to field strip and assemble handguns I was told after reassembling to dry fire to make sure it's performing properly. Is this overkill on my behalf?

14. Jan 10, 2012 at 6:36 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint
  15. Jan 11, 2012 at 7:58 AM
    FLtaco

FLtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Cocoa beach, fl
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner dc
    Painted stock wheels, bfg km2s, 5100s front and rear, tc spindles, add a leaf, 3" block, debaged, flowmaster exhaust, 2nd air filter removed, wheel spacers and k&n air filter

Products Discussed in

To Top