1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kelson's Reg. Cab

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Kelson, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Mar 6, 2010 at 8:59 AM
    lowzone

lowzone Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Earth aka NJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM AC 2.7L 5 spd SR5
    future plan of 2" drop and any type of rim thats not a steelie. grille and BHLM mods, maybe....
    whats the offset and width of the RX8 rims? i HAVE to replace these 15 steelies....theya re KILLING ME!!!!!!! i can figure out any rwd Isuzu 6 lug wheel offset, but this positive offset throws me :). Im looking online and they say 50mm offset, how is that possible and not be waaaaaaaaaaay in the fenderwells ? are you running spacers?

are the rims staggered, i like how they sit near the fenderwells and not tucking. any info would be great!!
    looking great
    Ron

2. Mar 6, 2010 at 9:09 AM
    Taco.Tim

Taco.Tim Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2010 Buhlue Access Cab 2WD
    Looking!
    That looks really nice. Bravo!

3. Mar 6, 2010 at 9:17 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    nice truck.

4. Mar 6, 2010 at 10:36 AM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    how did you get the front bumper painted? did you do it yourself or did you have it professionally done? how much did it cost you in total?

5. Mar 6, 2010 at 10:16 PM
    Kelson

Kelson [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    from what ive read theyre 18X8 with a +50 offset...so idk? lol im not to sure what the stock offset is, and they are wider than stock rims...so...lol..idk? and im not running spacers.

the rims aren't staggered, if you see my truck in person, and if you look closely at the pics the rear sits a little further in than the fronts, i guess just because how our axle is.

i took to my friends shop. it was around $170 but yeah...he gave me a pretty good deal lol...i think the paint and clearcoat on it came out to around $100...

that $170 btw included bodywork cause i hit a pole lol....

thanks for all your comments :D

6. Mar 6, 2010 at 10:18 PM
    Kelson

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    i think our trucks look a little better with larger wheels, just cause our trucks are bigger compared to the last generation. 17s or 18s are THE largest i would go, but personally 16s and 17s look good on those trucks. i might step it up to 19s with a little better offset later on so i can fit bigger brakes, but thats not for awhile.

also i have 60 series tires on the 18s...lol helps with less of the wagon wheel look when u have low pro tires

7. Mar 6, 2010 at 10:34 PM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    if all i wanted was a better overall ride and didnt want to lower it too much.. what would i wanna do, im already setting up a purchase of some xrunner rims. i wanna get super dark tint, and then paint the rims black. a guy on CT said the sittin sic coils. i wanna have enough money to get a new deck and get the tint. and i have 1000 right now. mom is buying the tires. the guy wants 600 for the rims.

8. Mar 6, 2010 at 11:03 PM
    Kelson

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    if you don't want to go too low id go with the ss kit...the thing is though its $300 ish plus new front struts which would run around $140 or so...id try and wait off on a better deal for the rims, 600 with no tires is a little steep.

9. Mar 6, 2010 at 11:53 PM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    ok, well hes not trying to make any money off of them, hes just trying to pay for his next set

10. Mar 7, 2010 at 12:05 AM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    but imm asee if i cant trade anything with him to get it down to 500

11. Mar 7, 2010 at 3:51 PM
    Hawaiian Taco

Hawaiian Taco Member

Member:
    Pacific Ocean
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Taco
    Plenty
    I like your lighting- how are the HIDs? Any probs from the HPD with the blue lights?

12. Mar 7, 2010 at 5:57 PM
    MarineTacoDriver

MarineTacoDriver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cherry Point
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4
    ARB front bumper, Warn M8000, ATO front/transmission/transfer case skids, Icon ext travel coilovers, Total Chaos UCA's, OME Dakar leaf springs, Bilstein/RCD 5100 3-4" lift shock, extended stainless brake lines, DrewFab shackle flip, rear ARB Airlocker, ARB air compressor
    Must say, I'm not a big fan of lowered trucks, but yours I genuinely like!

13. Mar 8, 2010 at 4:16 AM
    Kelson

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    r u talking about the interior lights? cause theyre white lol...i guess how the pics come out the coloring makes em look blue...but yah..

the HIDs died like idk...4 months ago? i think? lol imma wait to put new ones back when i get safety, but when did have them in i actually didn't have any problems, they were 4500k so they weren't blue at all, pretty much pure white. i went through some duis with them, and when i did get flagged down the officer didn't even mention it, he was just talking about how bright my dome light was lol...

14. Mar 25, 2010 at 5:31 AM
    Kelson

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    HDR Shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gotta rep XRU haha

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2016
  15. Mar 25, 2010 at 10:35 PM
    Kelson

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    brah no can go beach. going get stuck. my 6" fabtech action truck no can.

16. Mar 25, 2010 at 10:54 PM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    Great build.

17. Mar 26, 2010 at 2:33 AM
    671taco

671taco thekeithchronicles

Member:
    Guam
    Vehicle:
    twenty-ten rc
    x2:D

sick truck man

18. Mar 26, 2010 at 3:25 AM
    Kelson

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    liedis?

pinaple_491e714053f30c17cb22c6a57267cb493e70f48f.jpg

thanks! i actually got that idea from my friend's scion...he stickerbombed his from lip, turned out sick. slowly getting there :D

19. Mar 26, 2010 at 4:50 AM
    671taco

671taco thekeithchronicles

Member:
    Guam
    Vehicle:
    twenty-ten rc
    theres a few guys over here who stickerbombed their lips too, i agree its pretty sick
    time to save up some stickers haha

20. Mar 29, 2010 at 10:37 PM
    numbah57

numbah57 GIVE THE MALL A BREAK...WHEEL THAT SHIT

Member:
    First Name:
    kahai
    Maui, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma 2.7 Beaten not Babied
    URD ARB G2 PELFREY BAMF LCE AFE
    Brah, you take the nutsest signature pictures!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top