1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Key less entry/ remote start question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DallasPre, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Aug 5, 2010 at 2:37 PM
    DallasPre

DallasPre [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    White 2wd
    5%tint,kick ass Stereo,remote start/alarm,K&N intake,Katzkin seat covers,Custom bed mat,de-badged,painted grillbadge blk,relocate horn,rearview camera mod,seat-belt chime mod
    Okay i just installed a remote start on my truck. Its an after market system that i wired to work with my factory key less entry remote. Everything works like its supposed to. Except... evidently Toyota has it set that when the engine is running you key fob doesn't work.

So... My problem is that i have it set to start when i hit the lock button twice, the engine starts and now i cant unlock my truck to get in it. I have to use the key. I was thinking there has gotta be a way to bypass this. Best i can tell the signal for the FOB is getting cut off when the ignition is on. Anyone have any ideas? i was thinking i could cut the signal wire but i cant seem to find it. or wire in a relay to bypass the wire when the remote start is activated.

2. Aug 5, 2010 at 2:48 PM
    Daudio

Daudio Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Jersey
    Vehicle:
    '02 SR5
    avic-d1 sirius tuner Ipod adapter
    Just wondering if you have the aftermarket key fob and why you don't wanna use it? You would get much better range with it...If you absolutely don't want to use the aftermarket fob you can try a relay off of the keysense wire (green/black). You could also try relaying off of the ignition wire to pulse/power the keyless entry module. You would need to do some testing to see what gets power when the truck is on and when it's off though.

3. Aug 5, 2010 at 3:10 PM
    DallasPre

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    White 2wd
    5%tint,kick ass Stereo,remote start/alarm,K&N intake,Katzkin seat covers,Custom bed mat,de-badged,painted grillbadge blk,relocate horn,rearview camera mod,seat-belt chime mod
    i didnt get a key fob with the remote start because all i bought was the remote start module and key bypass module. The reason i did that was because i like to keep things factory looking and thought it would be cool to use the factory fob. if i cant figure this out im just gonna go buy the whole alarm/remote start package. But dont really want to.

And the keysense wire i found, on a wirring diagram on AllData (NoData). But i cant figure out where the module is or what connector it is. I do like the Idea of just powering the keyless module on my own.... ill have to do some research.

4. Aug 5, 2010 at 5:21 PM
    Magnetic

Magnetic Active Member

Member:
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD-Off Road, locker mod
    Why not use the unlock twice?

5. Aug 5, 2010 at 8:47 PM
    Daudio

Daudio Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Jersey
    Vehicle:
    '02 SR5
    avic-d1 sirius tuner Ipod adapter
    You can use the unit you have in there and just order a new fob. If you get the make and model number of the RS I can send you a link with the one you need. GL

6. Aug 6, 2010 at 6:25 AM
    DallasPre

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    White 2wd
  7. Aug 6, 2010 at 3:51 PM
    DallasPre

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    White 2wd
    Okay i went ahead today and bought the whole alarm/remote start with the pager. ive got a buddy thats gonna buy the other remote start i just bought for full price. Thanks for the ideas Daudio

Products Discussed in

To Top