1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Key Troubles

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by A_Ninja_Racer, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Dec 9, 2010 at 12:23 PM
    A_Ninja_Racer

A_Ninja_Racer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD Debadged
    Hello Guys. I reasently los my set of keys to my truck while I was going to work. I had a second set but had miss placed them in my house and didn't know where they were. I was dealing with a time issue because the parking lot would tow my truck if I left it over night so I made the tuff decision and had the truck towed to the dealership and paid 200 bucks to have 1 new key Cut and programmed. After doing that I was able to Find the other key that I misplaced in my house but of course it won't start the truck anymore. Is there a way to program my non working key to the truck since I have a master key with out taking it back to the dealership and shelling out more cash to have it reprogrammed?

2. Dec 9, 2010 at 12:27 PM
    cactuscorn

cactuscorn Another FNG

Member:
    El Paso, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 BBR TRD OR AT DCLB w/JBL
    OEM bedmat, Weather Tech mats, JDM ASTAR 800 lumen LED reverse bulbs, blue LED dome light and every cubbyhole filled with crap.
    ask santa or make this a test of yer faith. in the end i think youll run outta magic and miricles then have to do what everyone else does.

3. Dec 9, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    toyotatacomaTRD

toyotatacomaTRD Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 DC TRD Off Road
    11 Color Matched Grille, Pro comp 7089s, 265/70/17 Wrangler Duratracs, Black Running Boards, Tinted Windows, Bed mat, Weathertech Floorliners
    I would round up all of the keys if you can. They can be programmed all at once by the dealership. Unfortunately, you are going to pay the programming fee again.

4. Dec 9, 2010 at 12:54 PM
    chrisman8995

chrisman8995 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Newnan, GA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner Double Cab
    you could go out to a dealer or call a locksmith. if you can find a local auto locksmith they will probably be cheaper. or call the dealership and tell the same service writer that you had before whats going on, he might help you out. it takes no time to program them i do it all the time 5 minute deal on our trucks.

To Top