1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Keyless Entry? Do I or don't I have it?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Thelumberwagon, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Aug 31, 2011 at 10:10 AM
    Thelumberwagon

Thelumberwagon [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I was doing my grey wire mod the other day and saw this doodad that was a black box with a wire antennae on it. My first thought was that it was a control box for keyless entry. The truck doesn't have an alarm or at least if it does, I'm not aware of it.

My question to the group is this actually what I suspect it to be or am I just doing some wishful thinking. It was maybe 4 inches square, had an antennae that resembled a light guage black wirea bout 6-8 inches long and was definately a factory item as there was no butchering of wires and all connections looked OEM. It was located behind the left kick panel that you take off to do the grey wire mod.

If this is a keyless module, is there a way that anyone knows of to obtain a factory key fob? I don't want an aftermarket one. I

Anyone?

2. Dec 12, 2011 at 6:23 AM
    mmiller2002

mmiller2002 Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2004 Double Cab 2wd
    I've had luck with factory remotes on ebay for several cars.

I just got a 2004 Tacoma and want to know if it has factory keyless capability, too. No remotes came with the truck.

3. Dec 12, 2011 at 6:40 AM
    tacomaforlife

tacomaforlife Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robbie
    AIKEN, SC
    Vehicle:
    Its a Toyota what more is there to say.....
    TRD S/C 3" sky jacker suspension lift,33" kumho road venture mt kl71's 16" 320c pacer wheels,billet grill,EBC slotted and dimpled rotors,super 44 muffler with gutted cat,smoked l.e.d. tail lights, deck plate mod with K&N filter,fog/blinker mod,cobra cb with 4' firestick antenna/100W PA,clear corners with l.e.d bulbs,55w back up lights,urd O2 sim., blue l.e.d bulbs behind gauge cluster.
  4. Dec 12, 2011 at 10:32 AM
    DNG

DNG Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    White 01 DC PreRunner
    I'm having the same problem as you. I know I have the factory KARR system installed but the guy I bought it from didn't have any fobs. Without the fobs, it's difficult to know which replacement ones to buy. From what people have told me, it's not worth the hassle of finding the correct model to find the right fob. Just get it taken out and get a new system.

To Top