1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Keyless Entry Keypad review

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Hardcorehehaw, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Feb 10, 2014 at 4:16 PM
    Chilli Taco

Chilli Taco Senior Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 SR5 V6
    Toyota Front Bug Guard, Vent Shades, UWS Low profile Toolbox, Husky Floor Liners, Tacoma Rubber Bed Mat, 3 ball with tow hook trailer hitch, Nerf bars, EZ clamp on tailgate, overhead console with compass and temp, Transmission smoothness TSB, Rear 4 leaf spring pack TSB with 4 new Bilstein TRD shocks, Back up camera, JBS Keypad Entry, 2" blind spot safety mirrors, Leaf spring squeak TSB spacer discs,TSB AC/Heater Blower motor 04043, aFe Pro-Dry S Air Filter, Toytec AAL for TSB leafs, TSB redesigned headlights, GMC 5702KA Bulbs in DRL's, DRL switch mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod, 2010 4runner heated signal mirrors with puddle lights and 2013 Tacoma color matched mirror covers, bed lights, NOS GMC under hood reel light, TacomaWorld.com sticker on back window,fog lights on anytime mod, hidden ignition kill switch, TRD Skid plate painted black, TRD front recovery hook, console vault, Avid Off-road Light bar, 6" KC Daylighters
    I have not had that problem with mine. I have used it multiple times at the beach or on a hiking trail where I don't want to have to keep up with my keys. So I have used it hours after locking it and it works. Sometimes I do have to punch the code in more than once. I figured it is a distance issue since I have it mounted in my truck bed but it always works at least after punching it in a second time. Not sure what the cause would be for that problem. I am very happy with mine. Still on the original battery in mine.

2. Feb 10, 2014 at 6:56 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Do you own a Tacoma? On a second gen Tacoma there are two lock/unlock switches and associated wiring on the driver's and front passengers doors. The rocker switch on the armrest does not work for unlock after you've locked the doors from the outside, this is a security feature. There is also a lock/unlock switch attached to the door handle/key cylinder assembly. That one works at all times. Which wires did you tap?

3. May 29, 2014 at 5:28 PM
    Chilli Taco

Chilli Taco Senior Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 SR5 V6
    Toyota Front Bug Guard, Vent Shades, UWS Low profile Toolbox, Husky Floor Liners, Tacoma Rubber Bed Mat, 3 ball with tow hook trailer hitch, Nerf bars, EZ clamp on tailgate, overhead console with compass and temp, Transmission smoothness TSB, Rear 4 leaf spring pack TSB with 4 new Bilstein TRD shocks, Back up camera, JBS Keypad Entry, 2" blind spot safety mirrors, Leaf spring squeak TSB spacer discs,TSB AC/Heater Blower motor 04043, aFe Pro-Dry S Air Filter, Toytec AAL for TSB leafs, TSB redesigned headlights, GMC 5702KA Bulbs in DRL's, DRL switch mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod, 2010 4runner heated signal mirrors with puddle lights and 2013 Tacoma color matched mirror covers, bed lights, NOS GMC under hood reel light, TacomaWorld.com sticker on back window,fog lights on anytime mod, hidden ignition kill switch, TRD Skid plate painted black, TRD front recovery hook, console vault, Avid Off-road Light bar, 6" KC Daylighters
    Update: Well, my original battery finally died tonight in the keypad. It lasted just shy of 4 years from the date of my install June 2010. Of course who knows how long it sit on the shelf before I bought it. It takes a round 3V battery like a key fob keyless entry. I'll have to buy one tomorrow after work and replace it.

Products Discussed in

To Top