1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Keyless Entry Question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by braggman7, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Jan 9, 2011 at 11:34 AM
    braggman7

braggman7 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Athens, GA
    Vehicle:
    '10 Double Cab TRD Sport 4WD
    I just had the Viper 5301 2-way remote start installed on my truck. Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend it. One thing i have noticed though...

On my factory remote, 1 unlock press would unlock the driver's side door, and two quick presses would unlock all the doors. Since my new keyless entry is a two way system, there is a delay between sending the signal to the truck and back to the remote, and that delay prohibits the two unlock signals to be sent to the truck fast enough to unlock all the doors.

Is there a way to wire things up where just one unlock press unlocks all the doors? Or for people who may have noticed a similar problem, is there a way to program my Viper system to send two unlock signals with one unlock button push?

Any info or help would be great! Thanks

2. Feb 2, 2011 at 6:39 AM
    TuffTaco

TuffTaco Member

Member:
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD Sport
    Best Buy just installed the Viper 5301 in my truck yesterday. Now when I hit the unlock button on the Viper remote, one press unlocks all the doors at once. Personally I like this a alot better.

I am not sure if it is a programming issue or wiring, but it is possible to have it unlock all doors with one press.

3. Feb 2, 2011 at 10:45 AM
    Shaggy

Shaggy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Woodbridge, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Pyrite Mica DC TRD Off Road
    Same here - my Viper unlocks all doors with the unlock but it also locks them and rolls up the windows too when I click lock.

4. Feb 2, 2011 at 1:44 PM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    The concept of the OEM unlocking only the driver's door on one push and the others on a second is safety.

A dim parking lot or garage. You are coming up to your vehicle and you only want the driver's door open because in the dark could be an unknown badguy.

If all doors unlock at the same time that badguy could jack you up.

Just an observation .... sorry, didn't mean to jack your thread.

To Top