1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Keyswitch, mirror light?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by whattheheck, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Mar 28, 2010 at 7:19 AM
    whattheheck

whattheheck [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma SR5 Sport
    Hi All,
    Just bought a 2010 Tacoma 4x4 quad cab. Love it! Had a question though.........
    I just drove it at night for the first time yesterday, I noticed when I get in the truck, the key switch does not illiuminate making it easier to find it. Also, when the lights are on, the auto mirror switch, and fog light switch do not illuminate so you can't really find them without feeling around.

Are these things suppose to light up? Do I need to make a trip to the dealer?

Thanks!!!

John

2. Mar 28, 2010 at 7:56 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    They do not light up.
    There are some mods to get the fog light switch to light, not sure about the auto mirror or windows switches but I am sure if you search around, somebody has tried to do it.
    If you have a 4x4, there is a thread here where a TW member designed, fabricated and produced a pnp mod for illuminating your 4WD dial and has made it available for purchase.
    Many smarts folks here have figured out how to make it work for the things not considered by toyota in the tacoma. Other models have what you are asking for.

3. Mar 28, 2010 at 8:20 AM
    uood8

uood8 If You Search...You Shall Find.

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Sr5 4x4 DCSB
    Pretty much stock
    Some foglight switches light up, i have no idea about why some do and some don't however.

4. Apr 27, 2010 at 12:46 AM
    Tactical Tacoma

Tactical Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    ARB air compressor, ARB rear air locker, sPOD switch panel in sunglass holder, OME Front & rear shocks, 885x coils, Dakar leaf springs, Icon tubular UCA's, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, aFe Pro Dry, TRD Sport wheels powder coated anthracite, FJ TRD center caps, Thule roof rack, 886 fog lights for reverse light mod, CSjumper LED DTRL's, Nokya Yellow fogs, plastidipped lower valence, Weathertechs, Wet Okoles. And MANY MORE MODS, READ BUILD!
    My 09's fog light switch lights up

Products Discussed in

To Top