1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kicker sub box

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by terry13, May 21, 2010.

1. May 21, 2010 at 2:48 PM
    terry13

terry13 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    terry
    missouri
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma 4x4 sport
    Mud flap trim, T-Rex eyelids, map light dome light mod, hood deflector, Access bed cover, Grillcraft upper and lower, Painted engine cover, 2.5" Readylift leveling kit, 10" Kicker sub and amp, Weathertec floor liners, tailgate hose clamp mod, shortened factory antenna, EGR in channel window visors, flyzeye dash light, blacked out badges, 17x8 Ultra Maverick Wheels, 3rd brake light vinyl TRD decal, AFE CAI,
    Looking today to put subs in my '10 DC. went to three different stereo installers and am now totally lost on what i want. Plus the factor of money comes into play. I know you get what you pay for but damn! Anyway the last place i went is a Kicker dealer and he has a comp vt sub box with a 10 in it that looks like it will fit behind the backseat on the passenger side with a little mod. to the plastic bin. anyone have any experience with this. I know Kicker has been around for along time. So for around 500 i get the sub, amp, and install. Cheapest i had found so far. First place was close to 900 for rockford fosgate 10", amp, box and install. Thanks for any advice.

2. May 21, 2010 at 9:39 PM
    polox40

polox40 Well-Known Member

Member:
    ONTARIO
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT 4X4
    TOYOTA ALUMINUM STEP BAR, 3M HOOD FILM, WEATHERTECH FLOOR MATS, 7" DD WITH BACKUP CAMERA, TRD SEAT COVERS
    search more on this forum, and take your time, the more you learn the more $$ you save, this doesn't answer your question but its all about what you want and how much you are willing to put in.

3. May 22, 2010 at 4:05 AM
    redezman

redezman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Raleigh N.C
    Vehicle:
    2012 4Runner SR5 4x4
    All Factory for now, LOVE it that way
    forgot where it was here BUT someone posted one that you remove the plastic behind the seat and the sub box fits in perfect.
    this was a 2 speaker box with spot for amp.
    i myself am looking too, i have the jbl system with sub in my double cab BUT want a lil more kick.
    good luck and let me know what ya find, and like wise i will
    after i hit submit it came to me, i think it was on Mr Mary site.
    there is a link on this forum for thm along with other sites
    good luck again

Products Discussed in

To Top