1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kimber Pro carry vs Kimber Ultra Carry

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by 4cyltacoma, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Aug 21, 2009 at 3:59 PM
    4cyltacoma

4cyltacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Reagan
    Fresno, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma SR5 4Cyl 4x4
    AFE CAI, Black Housed Headlights, In Channel Window Visor, Bug Deflector, Black Side Step Tubes, Blacked out emblems
    Since i turned 21 i wanted to buy a hand gun and was looking at the kimber pro carry and the kimer ultra carry .45 which one would you recommend buying. the ultra carry is a 3.5 barrel and the pro carry is 4 in barrel..

2. Aug 23, 2009 at 5:47 PM
    grassflatsfisher

grassflatsfisher Well-Known Member

Member:
    NW Florida
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD OffRoad DC
    Grille Guard, Husky Liners, More to come...only got 800miles on it.
    Either one. They will both blow most other factory guns away in quaility and accuracy. I have a pro-covert II. It has a 4" bull barrel on it. If your looking for something to carry check out the para ordinance warthog. It's a sweet little gun. I've had several Para's and they have all been great guns.

3. Aug 24, 2009 at 11:04 AM
    4cyltacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Reagan
    Fresno, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma SR5 4Cyl 4x4
    AFE CAI, Black Housed Headlights, In Channel Window Visor, Bug Deflector, Black Side Step Tubes, Blacked out emblems
    thanks. but after much thought in it imm gonna get the ultra carry... :) thanks again..

4. Sep 3, 2009 at 3:13 PM
    375taco

375taco controlled pair?

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC SB
    OME lift w/ 1" spacer. Built Right UCA's. Tinted all the way around. De-badged. Trimming up front
    if you already purchaced the gun i guess im too late, i have a gun smith in michigan that is BA! built jerry barnhardt's first guns. anyways i dont like kimber their build quality has goone down hill the past few years. rock river arms is great for the money and if u have money to burn on something BA go wilson or nighthawk. and dont go less than 4" barrel. thats my advice. if you already baught the kimber change out the main spring housing guide rod spring and depending on the barrel change it out too. het a schueman dont know how to spell that. but 1/2 " at 50yds is pretty good and get a trigger job and sites. then your kimber will be ok....haha. at least your looking at 1911's let meknow and show some pics.

5. Sep 4, 2009 at 12:14 AM
    4cyltacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Reagan
    Fresno, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma SR5 4Cyl 4x4
    no i havent bought it yet. saving up money right now so yep. the night hawks and the wilsons are nice guns but they are out of my price range. i was thinking of buying the kimber then changing the spring to 22 lbs instead of the stock 18. and it comes with night sights. but well c haha i guess ill do more research.. thanks and what kind of gun to you have?? and how come not anything smaller than 4"

6. Sep 4, 2009 at 5:39 AM
    375taco

375taco controlled pair?

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC SB
    OME lift w/ 1" spacer. Built Right UCA's. Tinted all the way around. De-badged. Trimming up front
    well a 45 is a big bullet and it needs that barrel to make that bullet twist so it can be more accurate. and a half inch isnt that much. i have a commander rock river arms i have 3k into it. needless to say itsbadass. go it m1911.org click forums then go to gunslingers that is my gunsmith's website. her name is maryanne. if you can get ahold of her ask her about the price of guns she takes crappy 1911's and make them pimp. you can get something very nice for about 1000-1500 and it will be just like you want it. tell her Russ Marks son told you about her and that she would hook you up and she will work with you. i am partial to rock river arms because i have one and i love it she built it and it shoots better than any wilson or sti or nighthawk i have seen. i shoot comp.mine liooks like a sleeper. its a rock river arms commander with a schumann barell. ed brown hardcore enternals, trigger job with caspian trigger, heine night sights, bob tail end for conceal carry, agressive checker 20 and inch front strap and 25 an inch on the main spring housing/back strap, extended slide release, tactical mag release, barrel bushing extremely tight (no shake or rattle) and i dont know if there is anything else but besides the STI's that are for speed/comp shooting it pretty much beats it. she built it and im sure you dont want to spend much but she has wrote kimber a few times bitching at them about their build quality and things she has to fix. if anything she what she has or go to gunslingrs web page it will be a tab at the top of the forums page and see whats for sale and look at her work. i will attack a pic of my gun to my profile

7. Sep 4, 2009 at 5:41 AM
    375taco

375taco controlled pair?

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC SB
    almost forgot go to the accurizer tab on the gunslingers tab thats her page

8. Sep 8, 2009 at 11:53 AM
    4cyltacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Reagan
    Fresno, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma SR5 4Cyl 4x4
    Thanks Russ. I appreciated your help. Ill go check out that website.

9. Sep 8, 2009 at 2:52 PM
    375taco

375taco controlled pair?

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC SB
    ya man no prob she is hard to get ahold on so email is the best way. if you cant get to the site let me know i will try to help. she does BA work

10. Sep 9, 2009 at 12:48 PM
    4cyltacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Reagan
    Fresno, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma SR5 4Cyl 4x4
    yeah i have a hard time looking for the page. but its the gunslinger link that flashes with those other links right??

11. Sep 9, 2009 at 1:55 PM
    375taco

375taco controlled pair?

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC SB
    ya thats the one and she is under the accurizer tab

12. Sep 9, 2009 at 6:02 PM
    thinkingman

thinkingman Well-Known Member

Member:
    redmond WA
    Vehicle:
    2006 dbl cab 4wd 6sp
    Foglights are for fog, not oncoming traffic!
    Since you haven't bought it yet, bag the 3".
    No advantage, less likely to run right.
    Factory Kimbers are fine.
    I have a ProCarry HD and love it...very accurate and I like the steel frame.
    I am not a fan of alloy frame 1911's

13. Sep 9, 2009 at 6:12 PM
    vtragweed

vtragweed Beef Slut

Member:
    First Name:
    Willie
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 2.7 SR5 Debadged
    afe pro-dry s filter, LCE headers, painted black steelies,color matched grill surround, URD short shifter, UWS black tool box
    personally for the money, i love my S&W mp40. i have a few glocks and sigs and would take my sw over any of them

14. Sep 9, 2009 at 6:27 PM
    Amos

Amos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 DC sport
    I have an UCII and I LOVE it! I couldn't believe how accurate it is for such a short barrel. I have a ruger 9mm too and the kick isn't that much different, noticeable, but not extremely different. The Kimber is really good quality considering you aren't paying $2000 for the gun. I would recommend the Kimber! I have a few thousand rounds through it with no misfires or jams and that is with the cheap ammo.

15. Sep 15, 2009 at 12:02 AM
    4cyltacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Reagan
    Fresno, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma SR5 4Cyl 4x4
    thanks but i heard that kimbers arent really good anymore so idk im thinking about a colt or a wilson now. haha but idk well have to c...

16. Sep 15, 2009 at 12:03 AM
    4cyltacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Reagan
    Fresno, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma SR5 4Cyl 4x4
    thanks. any pictures???

17. Sep 15, 2009 at 9:02 AM
    thinkingman

Member:
    redmond WA
    Vehicle:
    2006 dbl cab 4wd 6sp
    Wilson...Hells yeah.
    Colt...I don't buy the hype.
    Try Dan Wesson if you want to look smart.
    Seriously

18. Sep 15, 2009 at 9:19 AM
    motodan00

motodan00 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Co Spgs
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma Double Cab, TRD
    Dynolock, Leer topper ToyTec Ult. Lift kit, TRD wheels w/ DuraTrac & Wet okole's on order
    You might want to consider the Springfield EMP. Very concealable and mine has been a tack driver so far. I have other full length 1911 but I prefer the EMP for carrying because it's so easy to conceal.

19. Sep 15, 2009 at 6:21 PM
    375taco

375taco controlled pair?

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC SB
    you guys are funny, go to m1911.org and check out their forums. everyone is partial to what they have or what they have show. colt isnt the hype it is why the 1911 is the basis of all handguns. and it depends on what you want to do. however people talk about tacomas on this site...go to m1911.org they talk about 1911's... you get what you payfor if you have the money> nighthawk, wilson, rockriverarms, ed brown they are bad ass

20. Sep 15, 2009 at 6:59 PM
    thinkingman

Member:
    redmond WA
    Vehicle:
    2006 dbl cab 4wd 6sp
    John M Browning is why the 1911 exists, not Samuel Colt.
    Handguns were in production 100's of years before the 1911 was on the drawing board and they were bad ass and pimp
    Refresh yourself on twist rates for .451 bullets and the influence barrel length has on twist rates...a 3inch barrel can put he same bad ass rotation on a bullet the same as a pimp 5inch barrel can.

Products Discussed in

To Top