1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kinda lost in lift kit research.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by edmboarder, Dec 3, 2011.

1. edmboarder

edmboarder [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    St Louis, MO
    Vehicle:
    10 DC LB
    Been reading for a couple of days , but am very indecisive. Would like to say I don"t do much serious off roading, but driving on the beach with the and hearing the frame rubbing the whole time really makes me wish I had some more clearance. So looking to move up to 32's or 33's, and need to lift some to achieve that.

But my main question is it really worth spending the money on a coilover kit with AAL intead of a cheap just a spacer kit with block or AAL?

2. OZ-T

OZ-T All of those moments....will be lost.....in time

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Yes

3. JonnyBb

JonnyBb I have to return some videotapes

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport DC LB 4x4
    Work in progress, but installed so far; 265/70/17 Duratracs, Spidertrax, OME885X coils with OME lean spacer, OME N140S and N182 shocks, Wheeler's 1.5" 3 Leaf Progressive AAL (kept the overload), LR UCAs. TP14 spacers
    x2.. i don't think you will find anyone that says "go with spacers"....unless cost is your number one issue

4. Norton

Norton Senior TW Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monument, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 V6 5-Spd SR5 TRD 4x4
    TRD Supercharger; URD 7th Injector; Injen CAI w/Airaid SynthaMax Filter; Magnaflow Cat-back; Wheelers 5-Leafs; OME 881s; Bilstein 5100s; Goodridge SS Brake Lines; Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs on 4Runner Ltd 5-Spokes; MetalMiller TRD Skid; B.A.M.F BPV Bracket; Grey Wire, Fog Light, Power Outlet, Door Chime & DRL Mods; FUBAR Moto Bits LED Headlights; Interior, Under-hood, & Reverse LEDs; Kenwood KDC-X895 HU & KFC-C6893PS Spkrs, Sound Ordnance B-8PT Sub & Dynamat; Husky Floor Liners; UltraGauge EM; External Thermometer; Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Elite; Rhino Bed Liner; Toyota Bed Extender; SnugTop Super Sport; SolarGard Tint; CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna; Alarm w/Keyless Entry; Amsoil Lubricants; Adam's Detailing Supplies
  5. jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    I don't do much off roading either but I still wanted to steer clear of spacers and blocks. I have a 3" Toytec kit here waiting til I get time to have it installed.

To Top