1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

King 700Lb Coilovers

Discussion in 'Downsouth Motorsports' started by David411, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Apr 6, 2012 at 3:15 PM

David411 [OP] Well-Known Member

May 29, 2011
    I currently own a 2003 Tacoma 4x4 double cab.
    I have a couple of questions regarding the King coilovers versus icons.
    How much more travel do the Icons offer versus the Kings?
    I like the Mid travel icons but the 700lb spring option from king is very appealing for a winch bumper.
    Thanks again
  2. Apr 20, 2012 at 5:16 PM
    Downsouth Motorsports

Downsouth Motorsports Downsouth Motorsport Vendor

Nov 28, 2008
    Mission Valley, San Diego
    Front King 2.5, Coilovers, Camburg UCA, Rear King 2.0 Shocks, Lots of Tinted Windows, Cherry Third Owner
    I got tipped off by a member that this thread was sitting here with no answer...

Again, TW: Please send us PMs or pick up the phone & call. We don't really spend time here on TW, other than answering PMs and updating threads we started, so I never saw this one.

Now, that said -

Icon has received so many questions and requests about this, that they now offer their coil-overs with 14"x700 lb. coils. There is an extra charge of $175 (I think) for this option, but they will come from Icon with these springs already installed. This goes for both 1st & 2nd Gen Tacoma.

Hope this helps, and please PM/call us with any other questions you may have.

Thank you,
    -Marco @ DSM

Edit: I forgot to add that they're using Eibach coils. Eibach had discontinued the 700 lb. coils recently, but due to overwhelming requests,they began producing them again.
To Top