1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kitchener / Waterloo Peeps!!???

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Janster, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Jul 28, 2010 at 4:13 AM
    Janster

Janster [OP] Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Hey Gang,

We're (husband and I) are in the process of scheduling a trip up in that area on Labor Day weekend. The family is having a surprise birthday party for my Mom & her sisters. I haven't been up to Canada in 20 years.... and I just haven't had the availability to get up there until now. My husband has never been to Canada. We'll be limited with time..... but I thought I'd ask you guys....

What types of things can we get ourselves into up there? You know...touristy crap, things to see, stuff to do. etc. We're not into museums (unless its something cool like cars, planes,etc) and we're not into shows or the opra or any of that 'artsy' stuff. We've been to Niagara Falls (American side).... How far is Niagara Falls from Waterloo/Kitchener?

Is there anything *CANADIAN* that I can expose my husband to? (laugh)
    Wait...nevermind. My family are a bunch of crazy beer drinking Canadians....that might be enough. :D

Excited about going up there ....been sooooooooooooooooo long!

2. Sep 1, 2010 at 4:49 PM
    Gatorstaco

Gatorstaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gaetan ( Gator)
    ontario
    Vehicle:
    14 X-Runner
    AFE Cold air, Magnaflow exhaust, all AMS oil, tonneau cover, and Cap hitch, extra LED light(back). LED fog lights. Summer wheels Scan gauge II. Sirius radio
    Have fun with the crazy canucs. When you come up from Lancaster, you can cross into canada at the Falls ( Rainbow bridge)and visit at the same time. You're 2hrs away from Kitchener/ W. Have a good trip.

3. Sep 2, 2010 at 4:19 AM
    Janster

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks!! We actually visited the falls last year (American side). First time for my husband - he thought it was awesome!! We might visit the Canadian side on the way home on Tuesday.

I'm excited and leaving tomorrow morning. My mom's side of the family (whom we're visiting) ARE INDEED a crazy bunch. Funny as hell and love to party. It'll be a frigin blast!!! I've been working soooo much lately - this is WAY overdue to have some FUN!!!

4. Sep 5, 2010 at 6:55 AM
    Janster

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    I'm here in Waterloo saying HELLO to TW!!

Wow....I'm only 2 hours north of the boarder and I'm amazed at just how different things are. All I can say is....Holy crap, stuff is expensive up here!! Gas....98 cents a litre??? :eek: My relatives tell me that gas was $1.40 something a litre just a few weeks ago??

13% sales tax

What the heck is Tim Hortons? (laugh - found out its a donut shop)

And cell phone companies are totally different. I'm assuming they're the same companies as Verizon, AT&T, etc or owned by....just different names?

5. Sep 20, 2010 at 5:15 PM
    Dadic 78

Dadic 78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fil
    Edmonton, AB CANADA
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab TRD
    Cost of living is definitely higher in Canada than compared to the U.S., but (not to get political here) I would pay the premium to live here, ANY day! Oh, and dont forget, our minimum wage is much higher than compared to the U.S.

That being said, Ive never been to Cali, and I hear its killer!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top