1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Klasse Twins

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by spaghettiedy, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Oct 29, 2008 at 12:24 PM
    spaghettiedy

spaghettiedy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB Sport in Black 4x4
    Gray Weathertechs, LG Wet Okoles, Tacome OEM Bedmat
    IMHO, Klasse freaking awesome. You really don't appreciate the stuff until your out in the woods and rub against some brush, stick, or something that would normally stratch a vechicle that had regular carnauba wax on it. With Klasse nothing happens cause it creates some sort of acrylic shell around your paint.

I bought a new truck at the beginning of the month, and it took me until this past weekend to detail it. At least the paint, the rest will be done this weekend. Here's what I did and used:

Washed w/ Sonus shampoo and wool mitt (perfer P21S shampoo though)
    Sonus Clay Bar kit (Don't waste your money, get OTC mothers or Megs)
    Meguiars Clay Kit (ran out of Sonus, better than Sonus IMO)
    Klasse All In One (2 coats)
    Klasse Sealant Glaze (put on very lightly)
    Used Sonus Quick Detailer
    Sonus SFX Pro Applicator for Klasse AIO
    Sonus microfiber towels and applicator for everything else

I wasn't going to clay a brand new truck at first, but read a bunch on forums and people said to clay a new vehicle. THEY WERE RIGHT!!! You will be suprised how many stuff comes up.

I plan on putting another layer the Klasse SG, but you have to wait till it cures. They recommend 24 hours, but some say 1 week.

Here's the outcome:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Oct 29, 2008 at 12:30 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    Your truck looks great. What is Klasse glaze, and how do you apply it? Does it go on like a wax and you buff it out? I'm confused because you have to wait in between coats.

3. Oct 29, 2008 at 12:33 PM
    Tman

Tman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    08 Silver TRD
    Stock (for now)
    Looking good !

4. Oct 29, 2008 at 12:57 PM
    spaghettiedy

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    Here's what I followed: http://www.autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-guides/80218-klasse-user-s-guide.html

I put the sealant glaze on very, very, very lightly. I repeat very lightly. It's like tachy milk water, if that makes sense. Just wipe on, wait a couple hours, I know it says a half hour, wipe off w/ micro fiber, and buff w/ thick microfiber. You have to wait between coats so that the acrylic has time to cure. I think of it like paint. Paint dries after a couple hours, but doesn't really cure for something like a month.

I've used Klasse AIO and SG for years, and Sonus sold me a bunch of products cause they say they're made for Klasse. Don't know if it's B-S, but seems to be good stuff. I knew from past that Klasse was the Sh*t.

5. Oct 29, 2008 at 1:07 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    ^^
    Thanks.

6. Oct 29, 2008 at 1:10 PM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    Wow, that looks awesome. I'm gonna have to try that with my truck.

7. Oct 29, 2008 at 1:11 PM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    Nice!!

8. Oct 29, 2008 at 2:11 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Sounds like an amazing amount of work...but it also looks like it was more then worth it.

You say it keeps the trail from pinstriping your rig??

9. Oct 30, 2008 at 7:23 AM
    spaghettiedy

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    Big time amount of work, but I only do it every 6 months. You can layer the Klasse SG, but you don't have to do any of the other steps. Just wash and glaze. The more layers, the thicker the protection.

Yes, it helps protects from the trail to a certain point. I am saying this from past experience. In my younger day I would use Turtle Wax on Jeep and get scratches from the trail. With my dodge and klasse, all everything was less or not noticable. Now, keep in mind that you can't take a dakota where you can take a jeep, but still.

This is only my opinion, and it definately protects more than regular carnauba. I'm sure there are other fine acrylic products that would do the same, I just like Klasse. You're not going to find the stuff at your local auto store though.

10. Oct 30, 2008 at 10:58 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Good info man...I appreciate the opinions!!

11. Oct 30, 2008 at 11:06 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Thanks for the info. Truck looks good.

12. Oct 30, 2008 at 11:14 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Good info! Great looking truck!!! :thumbsup: