1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Know who makes this rack system??

Discussion in 'Tacoma Videos' started by D.Holliday, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Sep 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM
    D.Holliday

D.Holliday [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Portland, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma DCSB TRD Sport SR5 4x4
    Extang Trifecta Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover|Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD|3" Revtek Lift w/AAL|Pro Comp 7069|285x70r17 Federal Couragia MT's|Extra D-Rings Mod|Anzo Black Headlights|Corbra 75 CB w/3' Cobra Antenna & 4' Firestix Antenna|DTRL's Mod|L.A. Angels Sticker Mod|Smoked Aftermarket Tail lights
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNgMig8kgiI&feature=related

Didn't know if this was the correct place to put this but hell, it's a video..

Anyways, Can anyone identify this rack system on the black taco? I'm not too sure if he's a member of the fourm and have spent days and weeks researching to find the rack but with no luck. I have also messaged the guy through YT with no luck of a response.

The roof rack looks like it could be any number of rack brands (Thule is my guess), but I can't find anything like the bed rack which is what i'm most interested in. I know there are a few different brands out there that make a similar style but i'm diggin this one. Anyways, any info would be greatly appreciated.

D.

My apologies it only shows up as a link instead of being embedded into the post.

2. Sep 4, 2012 at 3:38 PM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony Gold Member

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    That looks like a custom job to me

3. Sep 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    bed part looks custom

4. Sep 4, 2012 at 4:12 PM
    D.Holliday

D.Holliday [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Portland, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma DCSB TRD Sport SR5 4x4
    Extang Trifecta Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover|Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD|3" Revtek Lift w/AAL|Pro Comp 7069|285x70r17 Federal Couragia MT's|Extra D-Rings Mod|Anzo Black Headlights|Corbra 75 CB w/3' Cobra Antenna & 4' Firestix Antenna|DTRL's Mod|L.A. Angels Sticker Mod|Smoked Aftermarket Tail lights
    Damn, that's what I was afraid of, that or it being discontinued. Well, looks like i'll have to start looking for a way to get these fabbed up or find something as close as possible to those. I'm still torn between a rack like this one pictured of going with just a bed rack with basket. Anyways, I appreciate the quick responses all, thanks!
    :cheers:

5. Sep 4, 2012 at 4:19 PM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony Gold Member

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
  6. Sep 4, 2012 at 6:12 PM
    mikesdoublecab

mikesdoublecab LT Chase Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 Prerunner
    Engage Offroad custom LT kit with King coilovers and bypasses, Deaver J59 leaf packs with custom 8 inch shackles and Bilstein 7100 12" travel shocks, 16x8 Eagle Alloy 137s, 285-75-16 BFG KM2s, custom front bumper and skid, Procomp H911 foglights, custom rear bumper and spare tire carrier, bed bar, Engage Offroad custom chase light rack, Icom V8000 radio
    i think there is a TW member in your area that is a fabricator...

i want to say he is in the vendor section down below...

im just having a brain fart right now on his name... i know i have spoken to him on TW before too...

my old age i suppose...

7. Sep 6, 2012 at 8:14 PM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DC LB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Duratrac's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 Michelin AT2 tires (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Not from your area at all but one this I've seen in person. Looks great and comes apart in a couple of minutes.
    [​IMG]

Made by this guy
    http://stinkysoffroad.com/

Go to his past projects page about half way down. He'll can make anything you want. From what I hear he is very reasonable

8. Sep 6, 2012 at 9:41 PM
    NicP

NicP Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nic
    colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 DC LB
    3" Icon CO Icon Rez and AAL ProComp 7089 BFG 285 AT KO
    Looks custom. But I did a similar thing using the Nissan titan racks. I should have pics in my profile section. I would post them but only on my phone and no internet here. You take the titan racks and bend them to fit in our truck beds. I also had to use united strut mod to replace taco stock rails to fit hard ware

9. Sep 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM
    NicP

NicP Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nic
    colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 DC LB
    3" Icon CO Icon Rez and AAL ProComp 7089 BFG 285 AT KO
    Sorry. "Unistrut" mod to replace stock track in bed. autocorrect on the phone

To Top