1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

KRob32 2012 MGM DCLB Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by krob32, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Aug 16, 2015 at 5:53 PM
    krob32

krob32 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Sierra Vista, AZ / Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    WeatherTec Digi Liners, AVS Bugflector II, TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims, BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/75/16, AVS In-Channel Wind Deflectors, Extang Solid Fold, Pop & Lock, Color Match Grill Emblem (Anthracite), Plasti Dip Emblems, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sill Protectors, ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, ICON UCAs, Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey 3rd Brake Light Cover, LED Hood/Bed Lighting w/ OTRATTW Switches, Famous Fabrication Sliders, Sockmonkey TRD Bed Decal, Proven Design 4x4 Mudflaps, BenWA's Rear Power Sliding Window, Jasper Off Road 6" Reverse LED Pod, ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket, GrillCraft w/ Black Mesh and color matched Land Cruiser Emblem, LED Tail Lights, Badge Removal and Vinyl TRD/Tacoma Stickers, Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation.
    Thanks. Pretty good with the rattle can at this point. The real credit goes to Bullaculla for a great product.

2. Jan 3, 2016 at 9:48 AM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    Hi, Kelly. Those look great. After lookgin at Huskys, Plasticolors, Rokblox, and Rally Armor, I think I like these the best for flexibility and OEM look.

the 4x4 on the rears is great, and gray would be perfect for my Silver Sky Metallic.

So I'd need to call to specify the custom log, and also to specify that I want' it only on one pair, correct? The website does not seem to have any provision for this.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  3. Jan 3, 2016 at 4:33 PM
    krob32

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    WeatherTec Digi Liners, AVS Bugflector II, TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims, BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/75/16, AVS In-Channel Wind Deflectors, Extang Solid Fold, Pop & Lock, Color Match Grill Emblem (Anthracite), Plasti Dip Emblems, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sill Protectors, ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, ICON UCAs, Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey 3rd Brake Light Cover, LED Hood/Bed Lighting w/ OTRATTW Switches, Famous Fabrication Sliders, Sockmonkey TRD Bed Decal, Proven Design 4x4 Mudflaps, BenWA's Rear Power Sliding Window, Jasper Off Road 6" Reverse LED Pod, ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket, GrillCraft w/ Black Mesh and color matched Land Cruiser Emblem, LED Tail Lights, Badge Removal and Vinyl TRD/Tacoma Stickers, Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation.
    I called them to make sure to get what I wanted. Sent a pic as well and they sent me back what it would look like before purchase. Good luck.

scocar[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Jan 3, 2016 at 4:55 PM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    Sweet. Thanks.

5. Jan 6, 2016 at 7:58 AM
    Zenphx

Zenphx KE7FC

Member:
    First Name:
    Neal
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2005 Impulse Red Pearl SR5 4wd Long bed
    Sliders.
    I know this was a long time ago but you are the might have the info I am looking for. I am having trouble getting in to my truck due to a bad leg, I have looked a Dominator 2 by Go Rhino that look very similar to these but would also like like to get the protection of rock sliders. Since you had both any insight you can offer?

6. Jan 6, 2016 at 6:43 PM
    krob32

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    Z, the steps are far more functional for getting into the truck, however you will lose some clearance off-road and won't get the protection of the sliders in parking lots. The wife found the steps easier to use, but in some ways almost likes pulling herself in now. It depends on how bad the leg is to what will work for you. Good luck.

7. Jan 7, 2016 at 6:04 AM
    Zenphx

Zenphx KE7FC

Member:
    First Name:
    Neal
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2005 Impulse Red Pearl SR5 4wd Long bed
    Sliders.
    Thank you so very much you really helped me. Unfortunately the bad leg is my right due to a portion missing from cancer and swelling so I am having to kick it up then use steering wheel to pull myself in add to that the wife is having trouble due to fibromylgia and we both have a little trouble. We both like to outdoors and hitting trails, so either is it get the Z bars and risk damage or get silders with steps which are not cheap.

8. Jan 7, 2016 at 11:36 AM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    Hey Kelly, me again. I've decided to pull the trigger on a set of these flaps, with your requested logo.

Do you happen to have the digital pic handy that you sent them? If so, could you PM it to me? It would be greatly appreciated. With a new baby in the house, I barley have any time to eat and bathe, let alone geeking out on truck stuff.

9. Jan 7, 2016 at 7:54 PM
    krob32

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    Don't have it anymore. It was just a pic of my original flap. You can prob send the pic you have in the quote from my original post.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  10. Feb 21, 2016 at 9:18 PM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    Nice. I'm in the process of doing the same. I just got an email back from them. Looks like you have Konig Countersteer Offroads with the 4.5 BS and zero offset, which is the same spec as the SCS F5s I just bought (I almost bought those Konigs, too). I'm looking forward to being able to customize how much the flaps stick out to deal with the additional inch or so of tire outboard.

Products Discussed in

To Top