1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

KRob32 2012 MGM DCLB Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by krob32, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Mar 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM
    claymore

claymore Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clay
    ABQ New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2012 Offroad
    TRD cat back exhaust, console vault(for my little friend),Pop and Lock, Bak Flip G2, Weather Tech window covers, LED inside and out, DTRL Anytime, Grillcraft Grill, BAMF Light Bar with Hella 500s and Blitzpro 15D, Eibach with 5100's all around set at .85 and top plate spacers, LR UCA's, toytec 2" add a leaf, Duratrack 285 75 16, ABS kill switch, Aux reverse lights, Blue Sea Aux fuse block, ImMrYo Bracket, LED Bedlights, Ultra Gauge,
    That looks great!:D

2. Mar 7, 2013 at 12:25 AM
    Valsmere

Valsmere Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    EXPENSIVE
    tail gate lock, rear view mirror bracket, hood hinge brackets, and the list grows.
    Just a quick question did you have any rubbing issues with the FJ rims before the lift? Thanks in advance. Truck looks great!

3. Mar 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM
    krob32

krob32 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Sierra Vista, AZ / Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    WeatherTec Digi Liners, AVS Bugflector II, TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims, BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/75/16, AVS In-Channel Wind Deflectors, Extang Solid Fold, Pop & Lock, Color Match Grill Emblem (Anthracite), Plasti Dip Emblems, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sill Protectors, ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, ICON UCAs, Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey 3rd Brake Light Cover, LED Hood/Bed Lighting w/ OTRATTW Switches, Famous Fabrication Sliders, Sockmonkey TRD Bed Decal, Proven Design 4x4 Mudflaps, BenWA's Rear Power Sliding Window, Jasper Off Road 6" Reverse LED Pod, ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket, GrillCraft w/ Black Mesh and color matched Land Cruiser Emblem, LED Tail Lights, Badge Removal and Vinyl TRD/Tacoma Stickers, Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation.
    None

4. Mar 9, 2013 at 6:32 AM
    Valsmere

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    EXPENSIVE
    tail gate lock, rear view mirror bracket, hood hinge brackets, and the list grows.
    Great I found my rims! :D

5. Mar 9, 2013 at 8:12 AM
    ckeene9

ckeene9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chesterfield, VA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB Supercharged 4x4 TRD Sport
    See Build Thread
    Good looking truck!

6. Mar 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    krob32

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    WeatherTec Digi Liners, AVS Bugflector II, TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims, BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/75/16, AVS In-Channel Wind Deflectors, Extang Solid Fold, Pop & Lock, Color Match Grill Emblem (Anthracite), Plasti Dip Emblems, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sill Protectors, ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, ICON UCAs, Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey 3rd Brake Light Cover, LED Hood/Bed Lighting w/ OTRATTW Switches, Famous Fabrication Sliders, Sockmonkey TRD Bed Decal, Proven Design 4x4 Mudflaps, BenWA's Rear Power Sliding Window, Jasper Off Road 6" Reverse LED Pod, ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket, GrillCraft w/ Black Mesh and color matched Land Cruiser Emblem, LED Tail Lights, Badge Removal and Vinyl TRD/Tacoma Stickers, Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation.
    Thanks. Greg sent me a couple examples. Knew this was the one when I saw it.

Thanks.

7. Mar 9, 2013 at 7:30 PM
    krob32

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    Hope you find some Brian.

8. Mar 10, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    Valsmere

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    EXPENSIVE
    Yeah I have been looking. Hell I am still waiting for my truck to come in. The dealer is saying the last week of this month. The wait is killing me. :(

MrOlearhy likes this.
  9. Mar 17, 2013 at 3:21 PM
    krob32

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    Installed Proven Design (PD) Classic Mudflaps. http://www.provendesignproducts.com/Pages/Truck Flap Pages/universal_classic.html

These are more flexible than the OEM. They are stiff enough to not flap in the wind, but flexible enough to not break off.
    [​IMG]

Thought the length and holes on front/rear flaps were the same. There is a fairly significant difference in the location of the mounting holes for the front flaps (pic 1). They are still low enough to protect, but not dragging the ground and hitting speed bumps. The rear flaps (pic 2) are a couple of inches different. I had to go back and drill holes in the rear flaps again because they didn't match the front.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I used a spacer to fill the gap with the inner flap screw, and sprayed bedliner to cover the screws. I have an idea that I will try later to fill that space; MTF.
    [​IMG]

A key point was to maintain a close to OEM look. After calling PD, the guy said they would customize the graphic on the flaps for me for a small fee (seems like $10-15). After sending in a digital pic of the OEM 4x4 flap, they sent this in grey. Very happy with the outcome.
    [​IMG]

The flaps stick out a little less than 1/4 inch further than the OEM. The look is good with me. I may have to adjust the rear flaps at some point; depending on the angle looking at them, they may be slightly crooked. At one spot they look straight and another they are off.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
    scocar likes this.
  10. Mar 17, 2013 at 6:44 PM
    claymore

claymore Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clay
    ABQ New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2012 Offroad
    TRD cat back exhaust, console vault(for my little friend),Pop and Lock, Bak Flip G2, Weather Tech window covers, LED inside and out, DTRL Anytime, Grillcraft Grill, BAMF Light Bar with Hella 500s and Blitzpro 15D, Eibach with 5100's all around set at .85 and top plate spacers, LR UCA's, toytec 2" add a leaf, Duratrack 285 75 16, ABS kill switch, Aux reverse lights, Blue Sea Aux fuse block, ImMrYo Bracket, LED Bedlights, Ultra Gauge,
    ^^^^^^^:cool:

11. Mar 17, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    krob32

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    Had a little fun today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Mar 17, 2013 at 8:09 PM
    EODTech08

EODTech08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Oahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    '11 Access Cab TRD Off-Road
    FX-R Retrofits, Hood Struts, aFe CAI, Wet Okoles, Pioneer AVH-P8400BH Head Unit,
    I really want those mud flaps! I had to take my front ones off today in the middle of some minor wheeling cause they kept hitting.

After looking at their site did you have to have them customize the length for the front? Looking at mine the front and back look the same length. But you're saying there is a significant difference for the front?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  13. Mar 17, 2013 at 8:23 PM
    krob32

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    I don't know if they will customize the sizing. They customize what you put on the flap. If you take a look at the pics you will see the difference in reference to the OEM to match the holes. The flaps are the same size and I thought the holes were all the same too. I used the first flap as the template for the rest. Once I got to the rear, I had to drill holes again because they didn't match.

14. Mar 17, 2013 at 8:27 PM
    EODTech08

EODTech08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Oahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    '11 Access Cab TRD Off-Road
    FX-R Retrofits, Hood Struts, aFe CAI, Wet Okoles, Pioneer AVH-P8400BH Head Unit,
    Okay it must just be the way I'm looking at mine. The front and back OEM look the same length but I guess the front is longer.

15. Mar 17, 2013 at 10:51 PM
    Doozer

Doozer Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Off Road 4x4
    TRD Catback Exhaust
    I think you've got one of the best-looking trucks on TW. Classy but not flashy. I really like the bed and engine bay light strips - I think those are two of the first mods I want to do on my truck.

16. Mar 18, 2013 at 10:02 AM
    krob32

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    Thanks Doozer. Haven't used the lights under the hood much, but the bedlights are great with the tonneau.

17. Mar 22, 2013 at 3:00 PM
    Jakes09taco

Jakes09taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Buckhannon, WV
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport DCSB
    6" BDS lift
    Nice truck, super clean. I love the the FJ anthracite rims. They go perfect with the color of the truck.

18. Mar 22, 2013 at 4:04 PM
    krob32

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    Thanks! Your truck has a great stance with the lift and 285s. Just haven't been able to pull the trigger for mpg purposes, so sticking with 265 for now. Your TT's were a close second for mine.

19. Mar 22, 2013 at 4:52 PM
    Jakes09taco

Jakes09taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Buckhannon, WV
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport DCSB
    6" BDS lift
    mpg's arent what's killing me. It's the fact that i drop to 4th on a hill and still loose speed but thats just a 4 cylinder. I still love my 4 cylinder Though. They just look so good with 285's i had to do it. Im saving for gears and a locker now to help get some power back.

20. Mar 22, 2013 at 7:46 PM
    krob32

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    Installed BenWA's Power Sliding Rear Window Kit. Went to Aloha Glass Tint in Copperas Cove for install. Got a good price for all the work Matt does.

[​IMG]

The motor didn't show quite as bad as I thought. There wasn't a need to do some of the cutting behind the seat which is always a good thing.
    [​IMG]

Fit the OTRATTW Switch in near the iPod Aux Switch.
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top