1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ladder to get on roof

Discussion in 'Armor' started by superbeef, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Jan 17, 2020 at 11:23 PM
    Ghost_ed.

Ghost_ed. Well-Known Member

Member:
    East TN
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma Ghost Edition
    Reviving an old thread to see if there are any more options out there now. I thought about getting a Maximus 3 that is made for jeeps and modifying it since it will attach to my Rhino Rack pioneer platform.

whatstcp likes this.
  2. Jan 18, 2020 at 8:21 AM
    superbeef

superbeef [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD DC SB 6MT
    TRD supercharger TRD cat-back exhaust CBI Moab 2.0 with Smittybilt X20 10,000lbs winch and synthetic line Pelfreybilt roof rack with 42" Simplive spot/flood combo lightbar Leer 100RCC with Frontrunner Slimline II Allpro Offroad's heavy duty rock sliders CBI rear bumper with dual swing arms, tire carrier, hi lift mount, telescoping camp light pole
    I ended up getting a step buddy. Thick piece of aluminum with a folding hook that hooks into the door latch. Super sketch going through their website but ended up getting the product just fine. Con to it is you have to have a door open to use it but so far working pretty well for me to get up to my roof.

https://www.amazon.com/Folding-Vehicle-Rooftop-Doorstep-Foldable/dp/B07V5M7L6H

Didn't get it from Amazon but pretty much same product.

Ghost_ed. likes this.
  3. Jan 19, 2020 at 12:21 PM
    Chipskip

Chipskip N7MCS

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    02 Sequoia

I bought that when it was a kickstarter. Don’t use it much, but I love that I can use it on any vehicle.

4. Jan 23, 2020 at 11:14 AM
    nzbrock

nzbrock Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    San Marcos, TX
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD Prerunner 3RZ
    SAW 2.0 Coilovers Wheeler's 5 Leaf + 3 AAL Bilstein 5100s LCE long tube header Flowmaster Delta 50 Muffler FJ Trail Team Wheels 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx 4Runner overhead sunglass console 4Runner leather seats All LED lights Red/Clear Tail Light Tundra Brakes HID Projector Retrofits 4Runner Auto Up/Down Windows Bullet Liner Cargo tie down system E-locker axle swap w/4.56 Gears ARE MX Cap Prinsu Toprac Custom heated turn signal/puddle light mirrors Volant Intake Tube
    I was looking into this recently and came across boat ladders. There are versions that can slide out, extend, telescope, etc.
    You would obviously need to make a way to mount it. I wanted to see if it would fit under my prinsu rack, but there's not enough room.

https://amzn.to/2uuUaji
    [​IMG]

superbeef[OP] likes this.
  5. Jan 23, 2020 at 5:14 PM
    superbeef

superbeef [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD DC SB 6MT
    TRD supercharger TRD cat-back exhaust CBI Moab 2.0 with Smittybilt X20 10,000lbs winch and synthetic line Pelfreybilt roof rack with 42" Simplive spot/flood combo lightbar Leer 100RCC with Frontrunner Slimline II Allpro Offroad's heavy duty rock sliders CBI rear bumper with dual swing arms, tire carrier, hi lift mount, telescoping camp light pole
    That's awesome! And at $55USD not bad. Corrosion resistant I would assume and would stow away nicely.

6. Jan 24, 2020 at 4:56 AM
    nzbrock

nzbrock Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    San Marcos, TX
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD Prerunner 3RZ
    SAW 2.0 Coilovers Wheeler's 5 Leaf + 3 AAL Bilstein 5100s LCE long tube header Flowmaster Delta 50 Muffler FJ Trail Team Wheels 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx 4Runner overhead sunglass console 4Runner leather seats All LED lights Red/Clear Tail Light Tundra Brakes HID Projector Retrofits 4Runner Auto Up/Down Windows Bullet Liner Cargo tie down system E-locker axle swap w/4.56 Gears ARE MX Cap Prinsu Toprac Custom heated turn signal/puddle light mirrors Volant Intake Tube
    Yea there are a lot of different configurations. I doubt any of them would reach the ground from the roof, but it could be a good starting point.

7. Jan 5, 2021 at 9:04 AM
    BrokeKayaker

BrokeKayaker Slava Ukrania!

Member:
    Ouachita Mountains
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD OR DCLB Army Green
    This is exactly what I want to do. If you're still around, care to share some details on the process you used to fab this?

8. Jan 10, 2021 at 11:06 AM
    JDUB-Fabrication

JDUB-Fabrication Well-Known Member

Member:
    Newburgh NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 Lexus GX460
    Started looking into building a ladder to attach to my cap roof rack. Found this thread and bam, exactly what I’m trying to make.
    To get to the rocket box I’ve been standing on the tire thus far which is definitely sub optimal.
    Do a lot of skiing and camping so storage on the roof is necessary.
    Here is a picture of the set up currently.
    Build the racks out of aluminum.
    (Couldn’t resist a cool photo from our last excursion to Utah.)
    A5228957-C56C-4820-B1BB-9E0CD3BD005B.jpg
    planning for something like the boat ladder above. Going to attach under the rocket box to the roof rack, so it can be slide out and used then stored away

jwctaco likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top