1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lake Seminole Georgia/Florida

Discussion in 'Boating & Fishing' started by KMN-BLU, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Jun 22, 2009 at 12:05 PM
    KMN-BLU

KMN-BLU [OP] less work/more play

Member:
    Destin, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited DCSB 4x4 Blazing Blue
    Anyone ever spend any time fishing on this lake seminole? Its located about 2 hours from me so I am considering buying a houseboat on this lake. Great getaway place for me and gives me a place to escape on weekends and summers.

Georgia rates it as there #1 large mouth bass lake supposedly. I enjoy fishing year round (except for deer season). I just havent any experience on this particular lake.

Im looking at a permanently docked houseboat without any motors. Power, TV, Internet, and sewer all included right at the dock hookup. I tie up on the boat on the waterside.

Here is a link: http://www.teresort.com/ddterphotogallery2.html

Anyone know anything about this community or the lake area?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jun 22, 2009 at 8:18 PM
    2k6750

2k6750 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Naples FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 SWB Prerunner Double Cab TRD Offroad
    Toytec coilovers set at 3", 5100 shocks all around, rear AAL and 1"block, 18" Moto Metal 951's with 285/60/18 Terra Grapplers, Leer Topper, de-badged, T-rex billet grille, BHLM, K&N intake, Jardine catback, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, 8" kicker solo barik, Clarion 7" in dash dvd player. 12.1" flip down screen
    I dont know anything about it, but it looks SWEET!

3. Jun 23, 2009 at 12:20 AM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    Best thing to do is rent a boat, or bring your own, or go with a buddy, and cruise up & down the lake & see if it is a lake you would like.

I have fished different Ga lakes: Jackson,Oconee,Sinclair,Lanier,West point. Out of those lakes, I like Lanier the best. Sinclair comes in 2nd. Lanier has cleaner water & has nice shorelines.

As for Seminole. I have never ventured that far south. But before sinking some money in a permanent resident on a lake. Investigate it. Worst outcome, You enjoyed a day on the lake & may have liked or disliked the lake.

4. Jul 10, 2009 at 8:54 AM
    KMN-BLU

KMN-BLU [OP] less work/more play

Member:
    Destin, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited DCSB 4x4 Blazing Blue
    Im heading back over to Lake Seminole again this weekend. Going to check out the fishing and drive the lake when possible.

My last trip I encountered a HUGE alligator that swam right by my boat. I thought it was a huge log at first that was floating and suddenly the log had eyes and it swam away. Not really a place I would jump in to cool off.

Being that its only 2 hours from where i live it would be a great weekend getaway spot if the fishing is as indicated though.

5. Jul 10, 2009 at 10:26 AM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors

Summer is the toughest time to fish GA lakes. The best fishing is Spring & prespawn March-June & Fall when they fatten up for winter September to December.

To Top