1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lance Armstrong...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by chris4x4, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Aug 24, 2012 at 10:06 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Two weeks before the T-D-france in 2004 a piss-ant by the name of pierre ballester from can you guess-- france-- says he heard Lance was on dope:mad::mad::mad:

2. Aug 24, 2012 at 10:29 AM
    elmo7

elmo7 Easily Replaceable Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD OR 4x4
    He fought cancer because well, if you don't you die. He rode hard because he wanted to beat everyone else. He fought the USADA until they said "fuck having positive results - we'll take the word of some people who said you doped, and then find you guilty on that." Given that, how can you fight when you cannot win. I think the move he made was the best. And it may be a good PR move for him to show how much control the USADA asserts when it wants it's way. You have to remember that this wasn't the beginning of the battle. They have been on a witch hunt for years. And sometimes, you just have to do something for yourself, not everyone else.

3. Aug 24, 2012 at 10:46 AM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    Everyone needs to read this before commenting further. Apparently the USADA doesn't even have jurisdiction to do what they're attempting. Plus, he can't enter into the arbitration by the UCI rules. That's why he's not fighting it.

4. Aug 24, 2012 at 10:47 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Fixed & x2. The governing bodies & jealous losers who failed the same tests Lance took and passed are the douchebag shitheads ruining the sport, just like the ones fucking with Clemmons. Funny how the US courts say they won't get involved with this to ensure fair treatment for Lance but they sure jumped in when they thought they had something for Roger. Them staying away from this tells me they think they have even less shit to go on to get Lance than Roger and won't even try because they looked so stupid after that loss.

5. Aug 24, 2012 at 10:48 AM
    Cypherian

Cypherian Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mid Atlantic Region
    Interesting no one has noticed or perhaps just has not commented the US has been apologizing and kowtowing to every group of people who claim they have been injured in some way shape or form by the US or its agencies. Moreover, it does not matter how small the group is or the lack of evidence to support their claims. The US has been going this way for a long time it is sickening we have become the world’s biggest apologist for things we cannot control nor had anything to do with. I am sure this will turn into a debate but it does apply to Lance Armstrong and across the board to many other cases where the US or a US Agency has bowed to political pressure from within and without.
    Cypher
    The Preceding is my opinion and will remain as such until someone in power grows a brain, spine and whatever other anatomy they need to put a stop to the problem.

6. Aug 24, 2012 at 10:51 AM
    chadderkdawg

chadderkdawg Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..

Member:
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    09 FX4 F150
    Not sure what you are trying to say here... Obviously politically charged, but could you explain what you are trying to say in relation to Lance Armstrong? I really am not picking up what you're putting down...

7. Aug 24, 2012 at 10:51 AM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm w/viper cellulor app, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine carplay unit, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
    Am a huge lance armstrong fan, that being said, is he guilty, i'd say yes. if you follow professional cycling, you've seen many previous TDF winners stripped of their wins ( floyd landis 2006, alberto contador 2010). virtually all of them use, which ironically levels out the playing field. he's an inspiration either way............:)

31pg-vertical.jpg
    06pg-vertical.jpg
    18pg-vertical.jpg

8. Aug 24, 2012 at 10:54 AM
    764mike

764mike Well-Known Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2008 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

There is plenty of proof. All of his teamates testified against him at a hearing. Along with 50 other people.

9. Aug 24, 2012 at 11:00 AM
    BuckWells

BuckWells Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Wichita, Kansas
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Offroad
    painted badges, sockmonkey decals, CHLM, bed light mod, 20% tint, color match grille
    Either Lance raced clean and beat a field of dopers, or he doped and beat a field of dopers. Either way, he was the baddest thing on two wheels for 7 consecutive years.

10. Aug 24, 2012 at 11:01 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Some righteous stuff in that article that tygart needs to recognize and live by. He needs to stand down before his organization goes down the shitter monetarily trying to pay a judgement against them for slandering Armstrong.

11. Aug 24, 2012 at 11:09 AM
    ItalynStylion

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    Do we need to have a separate discussion regarding the definition of the word "proof"?

12. Aug 24, 2012 at 11:17 AM
    Cypherian

Cypherian Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mid Atlantic Region
    The French complained first after one of their guys got caught and since Lance used the same DR at the time well guilt by association. Then his own team mates who were busted for doping start trying to take down a guy who for all accounts appears guiltless across the board. Hell when the results were tested from the first serious complaint the US Anti Doping agency got mad when asked to show their records after samples that were 2 years old were tested. When asked about testing methods, storage methods and CHAIN OF CUSTODY which is big problem in my world etc etc. It is quite possible he did dope but since I work in the field I do I would rather see a real court with real evidence etc as people in law enforcement can tell you eye witnesses are the worst witnesses to have lol.

The US Anti-Doping Agency instead of telling the French to take a long walk off a short peir since they had no evidence does what ?? Opens an investigation and puts the guy through hell defending himself. I have not checked completely but I would bet the team mates who are saying he did were not banned for life .....Oh look I did find Alberto Contador http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/more/08/17/spanish-vuelta-preview.ap/index.html funny he did not get banned for life... another one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Landis and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_Hamilton not banned for life.

I don't hold wikipedia as a good source but it was easier to find the info for the names along with this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_doping_cases_in_cycling

So I will stick by the US has become an appologist to any group making any accusation regardless of how far fetched. I look at this in the broader picture perhaps that is where the misunderstanding is.

Cypher

I must correct my earlier post the US Anti Doping Agency is not according to their website a govermental agency. http://www.usada.org/about though by putting US in front of their name it does imply they are.

13. Aug 24, 2012 at 11:26 AM
    elmo7

elmo7 Easily Replaceable Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD OR 4x4
    Wow. I hadn't read that letter from the attorney. It's obvious that he's screwed in regards to USADA. They have refused to involve UCI in anything even though that's the governing body. And as such, Lance can't participate in the arbitration.

Punish the man if he deserves it, but follow the process for everyone and don't choose a different course of action in any specific case.

I await the investigative panel into USADA's practices and processes.

14. Aug 24, 2012 at 11:28 AM
    ruler

ruler Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal - Los Angeles - SGV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma, TRD Sport, DC 4x4
    Fox Extended Travel Coilovers 2.5 (front), Fox 2.0 shocks (rear),Total Chaos UCA's, AllPro Expedition leaf pack, AllPro front plate style bumper,BHLM, GrillCraft MX series Grill, ATX Thug 17inch rims, Toyo Open Country MT (295,70,17), TRD CAI,Rear smoked LED tail lights, slimcubby HID Head Lights (50w 1200k), ADVMonster 60 Series 3600 Lumen LED Off Road Lights , Pioneer Avic-F700bt (navigation,head unit)
    GUILTY !! he probably got cancer from shooting up too much

15. Aug 24, 2012 at 11:29 AM
    ItalynStylion

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    No no no....HE'S not screwed...THEY'RE screwed if they pursue this. UCI should be furious!

16. Aug 24, 2012 at 11:32 AM
    chadderkdawg

Member:
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    09 FX4 F150
    Sarcasm can be tough to pick up through the interwebs.... Maybe add some emoticons or something so people know you aren't a complete asshole.

17. Aug 24, 2012 at 11:40 AM
    friction

friction Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '08 4X4 RC SR5
    LOL at the French hatred.

[​IMG]

18. Aug 24, 2012 at 12:03 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Tygart sure is................

19. Aug 24, 2012 at 12:04 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I was kind of thinking the same thing... :laugh:

20. Aug 24, 2012 at 12:05 PM
    chadderkdawg

Member:
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    09 FX4 F150
    I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt today :D

Products Discussed in

To Top