1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

largest knife allowed to carry UNCONCEALED on base

Discussion in 'Military' started by Detective_Dan, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Oct 28, 2010 at 8:10 PM
    Detective_Dan

Detective_Dan [OP] "Place original and witty user title here"

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Beast / 2016 Yamaha FZ-07
    Pelfreybilt Front Plate Bumper, Brute Force Fab High Clearance Rear Bumper, Pelfreybilt Sliders, OME 886/Dakars, SCS F5's, 33" Ko2's, Cobra 75WXST/3' Firestik, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, custom shiftknob (made by me),
    i have heard a MILLION different opinions on this, and now its time to hear some of your opinions. i have a very nice knife my dad bought me and i would like to carry it for personal use. the blade is just a little bit over 4" long and ive heard 3 3/4", the width of your palm, and many other things as well. does anybody know for sure what size knife i can carry UNCONCEALED?

2. Oct 28, 2010 at 10:04 PM
    Doc.SS

Doc.SS ︻╦╤─

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    O'side
    Vehicle:
    T4R SR5
    ask the police or security on your base

3. Oct 28, 2010 at 10:10 PM
    t4daddy

t4daddy Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner Double Cab
    Vary's state to state, not sure about a MB though.

4. Oct 29, 2010 at 4:38 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    This. The whole "no personal weapons" thing on base and the fact that is is a "controlled federal facility" 18 USC 930 talks about federal defintions of dangerous weapons and has an exception for pocket knives with blades under 2.5 inches except in areas where no weapons are allowed (federal biuldings etc.) I don't remember if the "no weapons" clause pertains to military bases is from 18USC930 or the title for the military.

Either way- I would ask about that to your local security dept...without bringing the knife with you...Maybe just a photo. And also make sure you check the state regulations where you are...cause it might be legal on base...and illegal on your drive home...

5. Nov 2, 2010 at 6:35 AM
    Battle Pope

Battle Pope Christ-a-licious

Member:
    First Name:
    Korben
    Class 6
    Vehicle:
    Automatic 5 Lug
    squash air freshner
    CIMG6233_6ca8e12a4715728d0ee1d116a761ee06fd6a48f4.jpg
    I liked using my KBAR but I doubt I could carry it around Garrison. Some Joe had it on his hip while at the Ft. Hood PX, MP's showed up real quick.

6. Nov 2, 2010 at 5:08 PM
    ScootsOFP

ScootsOFP Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scoot
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner SR5/TRD
    deckplate, white LED gauges, fog light mod (Beau02 write up), Scion t1814 head unit
    If i saw someone carrying a knife on their hip or something in cammies i'd just think, "what a boot".

Products Discussed in

To Top