1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Latest Toyota Recall Fix

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by navysob, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Aug 17, 2010 at 5:52 PM
    navysob

navysob [OP] Carolina Alliance: Virginia Beach and Greenville

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 SR5
    28/20 Tint, Hood Protector, Vent Visors, 3" AAL's, Front Level Kit, Gas Shocks in the Rear, Tow Hitch, Black Step-Bars, Bull Bar, Off Road Lights
    Ok everyone.
    I just had the damn recall done today, and boy are they stupid.

Here is what they do.

Floor Mats. If you have the all weather, they replace them with ones that are not even half the thinkness and will never retain water. THEY SUCK.

Pedal. They take off the rubber pad, and then trim the medal part smaller then put a new pad on. In my case I had the OBX pedals, and now Toyota is refunding me the full amount since they will not be making them in the new design. They are also replacing the rest to the factory look.

Engine Cut Off. This part only applies to Autos, I have a 5 speed, so can not help you on this one.

The service manager showed me a few pics of people that have brought there cars (not trucks) in for the floor mat issue a long time ago. And boy, there really are stupid people in the world.

A Camrey with....
    Carpet Mat, All Weather Mat, and then a small bathroom mat that you would buy at wally world. And they wondered why there pedal sometimes stuck... AAAHHH these people need to get off the damn road.

2. Aug 25, 2010 at 1:10 PM
    TacoVerde

TacoVerde Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    URD short shifter, OBX racing pedals and titanium/carbon fiber shift knob, Rear speaker mod, Taco bed mat, Bed extender, taco door sill protectors, Black TRD floormats, AFE stage 2 CAI, Doug Thorley Header and Catback, Glassworks Unlimited front fenders/bedsides, Engage front LT kit,2.5x8 King co's with resi's, dj straps
    thats sucks..... thanks for posting, ive got obx pedals on my truck too and was wondering if they'd take them or grind them too

3. Aug 25, 2010 at 1:12 PM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    A recall? I haven't received any notice? :D

4. Aug 25, 2010 at 1:14 PM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    ROTHFFLMAO

5. Aug 25, 2010 at 1:14 PM
    jpmorrisvb

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    :cool:

6. Aug 25, 2010 at 1:37 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    I think if you have a bath mat on the floor board of your car it should speed head first into a wall.

7. Aug 25, 2010 at 1:39 PM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    I 2nd that emotion

8. Aug 25, 2010 at 1:43 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    What recall, is this about the leaf springs? ;)

9. Aug 25, 2010 at 1:51 PM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road

Nope, this is the recall of Wally World bath mats we are discussing.

Try and keep up

10. Aug 25, 2010 at 4:14 PM
    navysob

navysob [OP] Carolina Alliance: Virginia Beach and Greenville

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 SR5
    28/20 Tint, Hood Protector, Vent Visors, 3" AAL's, Front Level Kit, Gas Shocks in the Rear, Tow Hitch, Black Step-Bars, Bull Bar, Off Road Lights
    I paid 45 for my set online... got the refund today. boy toyota is stupid. they refunded the toyota price... 80. not toobad, i guess they are now paying us to get the recall done...

11. Aug 25, 2010 at 4:28 PM
    chopper

chopper ky taco

Member:
    First Name:
    chop
    stanton,kentucky
    Vehicle:
    05 taco reg cab 4x4
    dura tracs, debadged, weathertech floormats, removed mudflaps,black paint wheels,k&n air intake.
    Dollar store has good bathmats:)

12. Aug 25, 2010 at 4:51 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    :sorry: :facepalm:

13. Aug 25, 2010 at 4:54 PM
    JAG

JAG Well-Known Member

Member:

WAIT A SEC! You mean if they shorten our pedals they will give us 80 bucks??? Or they gave you 80 bucks for you OBX pedals?

edit i think you got paid 80 bucks for the obx pedals now that i read it better...

14. Aug 25, 2010 at 5:10 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OFFROAD 4x4 VSC/TRAC/DAC/HAC
    snugtop, piaa, weathertech, westin, oem bed mat, trd seat covers, avs inchannel vent visors, 2" suspension lift, front diff drop, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extention & reroute, front window tint, cat theft protection plate, tailgate clamp mod, xpel headlight/foglight protecters, oem block heater, bfg 265/75R/16 a/t k/o's, cabin air rodent protection screen, rcbs illuminated 4X4 switch mod
    So they trimmed the metal and installed a new shorten pad? Can you get a picture of what it looks like? I don't understand with the money they have and the amount we spent on these trucks why they would even concider not installing a new piece of rubber on all these pedals.

15. Aug 25, 2010 at 5:20 PM
    spp

spp OC, Kalifornia

Member:
    OC California
    There is no metal and pad the whole thing is one solid plastic piece.

16. Aug 25, 2010 at 5:31 PM
    SplitDecision

SplitDecision Phones Ringin Dude

Member:
    First Name:
    Haywood Jablowme
    NY
    Vehicle:
    Silver TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100x4, Truxedo lo pro QT,Hid Retro,2011 painted grill,Alpine head unit,Foglight mod,NFAB steps
    My 2010 front driverside mat came attached to the truck carpet with big versions of those plastic things that hold price tags on clothes.Does anyone else have this?

17. Aug 25, 2010 at 5:31 PM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    a friend of mines has the OBX pedals and also got the TSB done for the throttle pedal...he told me the OBXs still fit on the gas pedal even though its cut...just slips right on and you just fit it a little higher than before...

18. Aug 25, 2010 at 5:48 PM
    grdnrxr

grdnrxr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Back in Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Prerunner

Hope so, I have those pedals too...

19. Aug 25, 2010 at 9:11 PM
    jpmorrisvb

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:

Mine came the same way ..... I snipped it off. :rolleyes:

20. Aug 25, 2010 at 11:34 PM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    just got the recall notice in the mail...I ain't doing it...

To Top