1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Learned something about our door locks today

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by fixnfly, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Apr 11, 2013 at 8:51 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    Get a plastic credit card key made. After purchasing my truck the dealership sent the thing in the mail and had me come in to get it cut. It's only good for the door incase i lock the keys inside...

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  2. Apr 11, 2013 at 9:03 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.
    . . . Sub'd

3. Apr 12, 2013 at 8:23 AM
    iroh

iroh Well-Known Member

Member:
    michigander
    Vehicle:
    07 AC SR5 2.7 5MT 4x4
    tonneau
    I was hoping it would re-lock itself after pushing the unlock button. Haven't tested it yet.

I miss the anti-lockout feature of my 6th gen civic. If the driver's door was open, and the lock button pushed, it would unlock the door. To lock the door and shut it, the outside handle had to be lifted before pushing down the lock plunger; a very deliberate act. I usually just shut the door and locked it with the key.

4. Apr 12, 2013 at 4:48 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    My '76 Datsun p/u, and I'm pretty sure my '94 Toyota, could not be locked at the plunger unless the door was closed.

I haven't checked the power locks on my wife's Rav4, but on the '07 Exploder and '08 4-Runner company cars I had, you could not lock the doors with either the remote or the door switch with the doors open.

My '08 Tacoma DOES allow me to lock the doors from the lever inside with the door open (base model, no power).

5. Apr 13, 2013 at 6:35 AM
    fireroad

fireroad Well-Known Member

Member:
    McCall, ID
    I'm guessing that was a dealer specific deal as when I went to get a spare the option for a plastic credit card key was not available. Wish it was as those things are handy!

Products Discussed in

To Top