1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Leaving to Anaheim in about 2 hours!

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by thestrangebrew, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Apr 23, 2010 at 1:44 PM
    thestrangebrew

thestrangebrew [OP] AlphaPlanner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Dos Palos CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4 Rugged Trail Edition
    Black Badges, Black Center Console
    Ok guys. Quick ?? I'm leaving with the family to Disneyland here in a few hours from Merced, CA, Central Valley. It's about 277 miles to Dland which I fig. is a solid 4 hours, however with kids needing to go to the pisser I'll tack on another hour. Do you think I'll hit Friday night traffic? I fig. I'd be down in that area between 8-9, but I'm unsure how Friday nights go down there.

2. Apr 23, 2010 at 1:51 PM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJC
    55w HIDs, 16" Countersteer Offroads, Yokahama All Terrains, Demello Sliders
    I live down the street from Disneyland, only like 10 minutes awy on the streets. On a Friday night, your not going to hit bumper to bumper traffic unless theres an accident. There will be more people on the freeway and youll have to reduce your speed from 80mph to 60mph, but thats about it. Have fun at disneyland!

3. Apr 23, 2010 at 2:21 PM
    thestrangebrew

thestrangebrew [OP] AlphaPlanner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Dos Palos CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4 Rugged Trail Edition
    Black Badges, Black Center Console
    Well I fig'd I'd be hitting the Grapevine around 8ish, and it's what, 2 hrs from there to Dland? I imagine most traffic would be gone unless there's a wreck by then.

4. Apr 23, 2010 at 2:33 PM
    ruler

ruler Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal - Los Angeles - SGV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma, TRD Sport, DC 4x4
    Fox Extended Travel Coilovers 2.5 (front), Fox 2.0 shocks (rear),Total Chaos UCA's, AllPro Expedition leaf pack, AllPro front plate style bumper,BHLM, GrillCraft MX series Grill, ATX Thug 17inch rims, Toyo Open Country MT (295,70,17), TRD CAI,Rear smoked LED tail lights, slimcubby HID Head Lights (50w 1200k), ADVMonster 60 Series 3600 Lumen LED Off Road Lights , Pioneer Avic-F700bt (navigation,head unit)
    if you take the 5 south there seems to always be traffic around the LA / OC county line where the construction is at. I believe there is also construction on the 5 south near the 5 / 14 fwy interchange ... But if your expecting to hit the grapevine by 8 then traffic shouldn't be so bad that late

5. Oct 28, 2010 at 7:54 PM
    chatapuggy1

chatapuggy1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2009 Double Cab TRD Off-Road
    I work in Fullerton Brea area and there can be traffic at any time, 8 or 9pm is a little later so you should be fine, but something bad could and does happen from time to time that can set you back hours....

If it were me, I cant stand the 5 fwy through LA/OC, I would come down 5 south, then grab 210 east (San Fernando), take it all the way to the 57south and work it that way. You figure it may be a few miles on the map out of your way, but 210 fwy is a much bigger fwy made to handle such large volumes of traffic and should (I use that term loosely) be empty at 8 or 9pm, the 57 south is most of the time smooth all the way in....

Thats just me, but you should be fine either way, I just always plan for pockets of slowness anytime when riding the 5fwy.

To Top