1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lebron "I wanna be King" James

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by dwalden2, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Jul 8, 2010 at 7:13 AM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 [OP] HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    Is anyone else tired of this free agency dog-and-pony show? Can someone tell me why Lebron gets his own special on ESPN to announce his decision while people like D-Wade, who has won a championship and actually deserves some attention and some hype, barely get any coverage? Lebron hasn't done enough to deserve this type of attention. He's good. He made Cleveland A LOT better. He came up small in big games. If he goes to Miami and they win a championship with Wade, Bosh, and Lebron, he needs to be kissin Wade and Bosh's feet. I used to like him, but after all this crap he's lost all my respect.

/end rant

2. Jul 8, 2010 at 7:15 AM
    JDMcompliant

JDMcompliant Professional Amateur

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma 4x4 4.0L V6
    I still like him. This plays as a big decision, because it is...but I don't think it's his fault that the media is all up on his balls. I don't think this makes him any less reputable.

3. Jul 8, 2010 at 7:19 AM
    PatHLC128

PatHLC128 College.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 AC
    OME complete 3" kit, 265/75/16 Cooper STTs, Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Shrockworks sliders, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, AFE Pro-Dry S, OEM Bedmat, Ventvisors, Husky Liners, Tint, De-badged
    im sick of it too, i dont give a shit about him.

4. Jul 8, 2010 at 7:19 AM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    Well said, this whole ESPN 1 hour "The Decision" show makes me sick. I'd like to see some millionaire athletes getting their hands dirty and spending some money to help out where it's needed, in the Gulf. I bet LeBron is pissed that the spill happened during his free agent year, taking him out of the news just a little. 24 year old diva!

5. Jul 8, 2010 at 7:20 AM
    oldtacomaguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    He's brought the attention on himself.

6. Jul 8, 2010 at 7:23 AM
    tim920

tim920 Never seen Forest Gump

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2005 4Runner Limited V6
    I was waiting for a thread like this to pop up. This makes me sick of him as well. I listen to sports radio almost all day and this is all I hear. He's living the life though.

If he joins the Heats and they end up with the Lakers in the finals........I MIGHT just have to route for the Lakers. :anonymous:

7. Jul 8, 2010 at 7:27 AM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 [OP] HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    the media didn't ask him to have this "special". Him and his people asked ESPN if they could do it.

8. Jul 8, 2010 at 7:30 AM
    bigguy78619

bigguy78619 Well-Known Member

Member:
    san diego, ca
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road PreRunner DC
    its reported that he is annoncing it from a boy and girls club and that all sponsorship $ for the tv special is going to support the boys and girls clubs across the nation. If that is true well good for him. Yes its very annoying but i think the media is making this out to be more than it should. Lebron is going to be great where ever he ends up, it just a matter of where. But ill be glad after today that this shit will be done and over with.

9. Jul 8, 2010 at 7:33 AM
    oldtacomaguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    Say it aint so Tim!

10. Jul 8, 2010 at 7:38 AM
    JDMcompliant

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma 4x4 4.0L V6
    if his people asked for this big ESPN showcase, then i agree with you...but I haven't read on anything about that. The only way i see him bringing all the attention to himself is him being a good player. Then i have to say...isn't that the point? To be the best in what you do? Of course people are gonna be on your nuts, documenting every step you take. (I'm not saying he's the best -- but he is one of the top players in the game right now).

11. Jul 8, 2010 at 7:44 AM
    oldtacomaguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    Details into LeBron’s Big Show
    LeBron James Watch | 0 Comments
    Decrease fontDecrease font
    Enlarge fontEnlarge font

Norby Williamson, ESPN’s vice president of production, said in a conference call Wednesday that LeBron‘s long-time manager Maverick Carter presented the idea to the network late last week and requested Jim Gray to be the interviewer. The broadcast will be done from ESPN’s campus in Bistol, Conn., with LeBron and Gray on camera via satellite.

The King’s decision will be announced in the first 10 to 15 minutes of Thursday’s show, and ESPN said it will have control over how they will cover the announcement, with analysts Michael Wilbon and Jon Barry joining host Stuart Scott to ask LeBron questions throughout the segment.

Said Williamson: “We have complete editorial control and direction, with the exception of what will come out of his [LeBron's] mouth.”

Though Williamson would not disclose the location of where Gray will interview James, Newsday‘s Alan Hahn reported that James will be shooting out of Greenwich, Conn., where James’ friend and part-owner of the Nets, Jay-Z, owns a home.

While the network has signed on for the special, it won’t hesitate to report news of LeBron’s decision if someone else breaks it. ESPN will report news if someone else breaks it. [@richarddeitsch, Newsday]

12. Jul 8, 2010 at 8:29 AM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 [OP] HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5359255

13. Jul 8, 2010 at 8:33 AM
    Jigzor

Jigzor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    20 Gladiator Rubicon
    Steersmarts Draglink, Tie rod, Track Bar
    It's much better than the Brett Favre saga... At least money is going to the boys & girls group that could use some cash.

14. Jul 8, 2010 at 8:49 AM
    JDMcompliant

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma 4x4 4.0L V6
    well damn. i stand corrected.

what happened to playing for the love of the game? if i were a good enough athlete...i would play for my home team, no matter the pay. none of this bitchin because i didn't get the extra $4Mil in my contract :notsure:

15. Jul 8, 2010 at 8:56 AM
    Oskie_78

Oskie_78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    1998 4Runner, 2016 4Runner, 2023 Tacoma
    What about shaq's hour show? Lol hope his fat ass goes to the spurs. :p

16. Jul 8, 2010 at 9:03 AM
    DblstuftTaco

DblstuftTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD SR5
    OME 3" Kit New frame
    I like what i do for a living but i'm surely not doing it for free...
    You can never have enough. If i make a million a year, i'd be wanting to live the 2 million a year lifestyle....

17. Jul 8, 2010 at 9:06 AM
    trtripoli

trtripoli lower management

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 4,0 L, 6M, Dbl Cab, TRD Off Road
    Eclipse AVN6620 JL 500/1 amp JL 13TW5 sub JL 300/4 JL XR-650CSi Mr Marv Box Blu tooth XM radio Back Up camera, RAAMmat and Ensolite everywhere but ceiling

It's not about the money. Atleast not the money he gets for a basketball contract. It would get by far the most money if were to play for the Cavs. I think he wants to go where he will win. If he wins he'll make the most bank in endorsements.

18. Jul 8, 2010 at 9:31 AM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 [OP] HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    Last I saw he was talking to the Hawks. Don't know if they still are or not.

19. Jul 8, 2010 at 9:33 AM
    BlackRig

BlackRig Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    NE Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR5
    You guys are tired of it? Try living in Cleveland. I want him to stay but god damn I've had enough hype. The cavs are in real trouble if he does take off though. And that's a huge bummer.

On the other hand, he needs to fulfill his career goals. And thats probly his next move. He's made himself a recent spotlight in the sports world. I'm sure his endorsements don't mind. We're talking about him on a truck forum of places.

20. Jul 8, 2010 at 9:37 AM
    cgs2k2

cgs2k2 old man

Member:
    x2. living in cleveland and going to ohio university where nearly everybody is a huge cavs fan it can get a little old. i'm not really that into basketball, and i dont really give a crap about lebron, BUT him being in cleveland is good for my city. so i want him to stay.

Products Discussed in

To Top