1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LED bar on an ARB harness

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Gunshot-6A, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Feb 18, 2017 at 12:14 PM
    Gunshot-6A

Gunshot-6A [OP] Prime Beef

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Offroad
    Hey Y'all,

I have an arb cmta12 compressor and an led light bar that I am rigging switches for into the below HVAC switch blanks and have a jerry level question.

I have the arb harness to power the compressor and since i am not running lockers, that means i have 2 plugs not in use. I am thinking of taking the easy way out and rigging the switch 1 plug on the harness to run my light bar relay.

The issue i am having is the diagram implies that the isolator/compressor power switch is the master for the other 2 switches, so i would have to power on the compressor to run the light bar. It l like the load to the compressor would cut off almost immediately with no air demand. I know for a fact that I would run the light bar more than the ARB, but both would be fairly seldom (to and from MTB trailheads, etc)

So my questions are:
    1) Is it ok / safe to have (potential) load to the ARB for decently long times when not in use?
    2) Does it make any sense to do it this way?

2. May 10, 2017 at 8:53 PM
    Dragons Taco

Dragons Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Cary/Raleigh NC
    Vehicle:
    06 Black TRD-S 4WD 4D 6SPD and MINE!
    Can ya spell Tonneau
    Is it safe? Probably. I think the ARB compressors have built in cut off switches for pressure.
    Does it make sense to do it this way? Well I can see the appeal of a clean install, but I think I would simply run a dedicated wire from the light switch to the relay.

Products Discussed in

To Top