1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LED bed lights from Matt gecko

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by numbah57, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Apr 16, 2016 at 9:21 AM
    numbah57

numbah57 [OP] GIVE THE MALL A BREAK...WHEEL THAT SHIT

Member:
    First Name:
    kahai
    Maui, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma 2.7 Beaten not Babied
    URD ARB G2 PELFREY BAMF LCE AFE
    So quite a while ago I bought some led bed lights from @mattgecko. I went through his whole thread on here and they looked cool. Said fck it, I want a set. He was very quick to respond to my PM and even quicker to have the lights in the mail. The lights got to my doorstep in less than a week (Damn fast for shipping to hawaii). Installed in just about an hour and they're awesome. I would find excuses to go outside after dark and turn them on just to smirk at how cool it is. Well, a couple of my friends thought they were cool too. So right back to Matt I went, asked for 2 more sets and all went exactly the same as the first buy. FLAWLESS.

Now to the "flaw"...I feel bad even calling it that.

It's been close to two years now that I've had these lights in my bed. They've worked like a charm each time. A couple nights ago I went out to look for something in the truck, hit the switch and NOOOOOOO. Only a small portion, maybe 18-20" of lights were on. I was devastated.

Came on here and PM'd Matt one more time. Told him what happened and asked him if I could just change out the stips or if I'd have to get a whole new kit. Well, his reply wasn't at all what I expected. His reply was, in a nutshell..."all you need is new led strips and crimp them in to the switch" and that "new strips are in the mail"!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it. I was prepared for a respose telling me to buy a new kit or to buy new strips, not one saying that they're in the mail.

Here in Hawaii we have this thing called Aloha. That's is hands down what Matt showed here.

All I can do is to do the same in return. @mattgecko if you ever find an excuse to come to hawaii, I got some Hawaiian airlines buddy passes waiting for you.

Thank you again. I really appreciate what you did.

ALOHA

2. Apr 18, 2016 at 9:05 PM
    numbah57

numbah57 [OP] GIVE THE MALL A BREAK...WHEEL THAT SHIT

Member:
    First Name:
    kahai
    Maui, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma 2.7 Beaten not Babied
    URD ARB G2 PELFREY BAMF LCE AFE
    Lights came in today.

Again. You're the man Matt

DubfromGA, ja1ck95 and mattgecko like this.
  3. Apr 25, 2016 at 7:33 PM
    Glueman

Glueman Yersinia pestis

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    The Plague....
    6 inch Douche Bag lift...what else do I need?
    Just had the same thing happen to mine. Weird thing is one of the LEDs stays on all the time. Not sure what happened but they have worked really well for the last 9 months. I'll PM Matt.

4. Sep 27, 2016 at 10:37 AM
    inwood customs

inwood customs Roaming potato

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    2006 v6 potato bugTuRD
    K&n, flowmaster, plastidip, chipped, hids, daves
    Pretty much Matt in a nutshell.
    Always keepin folks happy.

DubfromGA likes this.
  5. Sep 13, 2017 at 12:28 AM
    DJSPEC

DJSPEC @GuardianAdventures

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean G
    Kaimuki,Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DCSB 4x4 & 2014 TRD SPORT DCSB & 2016 TRD-OR AC 4x4
    Viper Alarm NorthStar 31 Battery Pelfreybilt Battery Cage OEM roof racks, step sides 35W 6000k HID Fog Lights 35% tint Front windows 5% tint rear windows 2 Sets of Rigid Industries D2 above the valance Duallys on Famous Fabrication's Hood Hinge Brackets Rigid Industries SR2 10" in HoodScoop with C4 Fabrications Hood Scoop Bracket Flowmasters Super 44 series 9942446) Firestone Destination MT/2 295/70R17 Method 702 17” 0 offset Wet Okole Seat Covers OEM Tow Hitch Plastidip Front Valance FoglightMod(Fuel Pump Relay Version) Matt Gecko Truck Bed LED Kit and Sliding Window Security Bar Snugtop Rebel King 2.5 adjustable front and rear Dakar HD Leaf Springs Icon tubular UCA Dirt Kings LCA
    Sorry for thread revival, but he's taken the exact same care of all 4 of the kits that I've bought from him for different trucks. I take my 2011 off-roading at Kaena a lot and had to replace things due to my misuse. He always offers a fair deal for the things that I break.

Much aloha Matt!

DubfromGA and bullaculla like this.
To Top