1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LED Dome Lights and Gen 1 Tacos

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Fuzzyman81, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Apr 12, 2010 at 6:14 PM
    Fuzzyman81

Fuzzyman81 [OP] The New Guy

Member:
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner TRD
    Ok - I searched and found an old thread about this but there was never really resolution. So maybe someone has figured something out. I went to swap out my dome light with one of the LED domes from Oznium today. The light is bright as hell, as long as the key is turned to On or Acc. If I try to just use it as the "door open light" as a dome light is intended most of the time, its so dim it's like there isnt even a light installed. As soon as the ignition is turned on, presto - bright lights!!! Remember, I have a Gen 1, so I am sure alot of you Gen 2 guys had no issues, maybe they solved this problem between model years, but I am looking for someone with a Gen 1 that can help me out.

Thanks!

2. Apr 14, 2010 at 9:03 AM
    hunterwojo

hunterwojo Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma Double Cab 4X4
    None I like it stock
    I had the same problem, but have not had the opportunity to post the issue. Let me know if you find a solution

3. Apr 14, 2010 at 9:06 AM
    Fuzzyman81

Fuzzyman81 [OP] The New Guy

Member:
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner TRD
    Nothing yet. The LEDs work great as map lights (almost too bright) because the engine is running and there is enough power, as soon as the power is cut, same issue though.

4. Apr 15, 2010 at 12:30 AM
    YotaComa

YotaComa Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma Double Cab
    i had the same problem in my truck.

I couldn't figure out how to fix it until i accidentally grounded it out and popped the fuse. When i replaced the fuse it worked normally.

Try swapping out the fuse labeled "DOME" under the hood and see what happens. Otherwise you will have to stop into an autopart store and get a load resistor to tie in up there.

Products Discussed in

To Top