1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LED Light (Wired Version) Poll

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by flyzeye designs, Jul 7, 2011.

?

Are you interested in a wired version of the TCMA-0511 V1 LED Light?

Poll closed Aug 6, 2011.
  1. Yes. I'm interested and ready to buy one now!

39.5%
  2. Yes. I'm interested and would likely purchase before Xmas.

40.7%
  3. Yes. But, I think it will be too expensive and probably won't actually purchase.

15.1%
  4. No. I have no interest in a wired version.

4.7%
  1. Feb 19, 2012 at 9:21 AM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
  2. Feb 19, 2012 at 1:54 PM
    SilverBullet07

SilverBullet07 Silver Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Pleasanton, CA
    Vehicle:
    Silver 07 PreRunner Sport
    Tint, Grillcraft Grill, Leveling Kit, Retrofit Headlights.
    No feed back yet.... that is sad:(

EDIT! There was feed back given!

3. Feb 19, 2012 at 2:10 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    i PMed him too a while ago =\

4. Feb 19, 2012 at 2:14 PM
    AaronArf

AaronArf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    VA Beach
    Vehicle:
    2023 LR OR DCSB
    And very surprising. My V2W was personally installed by Dennis of FLYZEYE, very nice guy that definitely takes pride in their product quality/design and customer service. I'm sure they will make it right. I haven't seen much activity by them on TW recently so maybe somethings up?

Have you tried emailing/calling direct?

5. Feb 19, 2012 at 2:20 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    i have not tried to call/email however, I will send an email

6. Feb 19, 2012 at 2:28 PM
    sherlock

sherlock Well-Known Member

Member:

Suggest you un-install the unit and see if all is working correctly without. Run a couple of days or so without the unit attached. After you ascertain all with your truck is aok then re-install the unit. Double check to assure you are connecting properly.

7. Feb 19, 2012 at 2:36 PM
    SilverBullet07

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Pleasanton, CA
    Vehicle:
    Let us know what he recommends.

Basically what sherlock said since he beat me to it!
    If it were me I would disconnect it for now and see if the problem continues just to make sure and see if it is the light that affecting it (I'm guessing it started to happen after you installed this light).

Or make sure all connects going to the panels that is shorting out are completely snug and secure, which I realize is common sense but never hurts to check the basics.

Good Luck! :thumbsup:

8. Feb 20, 2012 at 11:33 AM
    flyzeye designs

flyzeye designs [OP] Revised Company Logo

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    double-cab long-bed 4X4 debadged TRD Sport
    6 inch lift, tinted windows, custom tail lights, custom Red/White/Red-Black FLYZEYE Designs TCMA-0513 V2W interior light Custom Powder-Coated Devil Horns by Andres
    Intermitent functioning of cluster lighting after installation suggests that you do indeed have a bad connection. You indicate that you've checked all the connections... Fair enough. We do not suspect our unit as the source.

Have you:
    1. Checked the lighting with and without our unit attached?
    2. Checked the lightinh and circuitry with a DVM?
    3. If you suspect our unit is causing the intermitent cluster malfunction, have you considered replacing the unit (free of charge)?
    4. Is it possible that you either nicked a wire or somehow shorted something during the installation?

We will back our product fully for up to 3 years. We can NOT however, back your installation for ANY amount of time. You as the purchaser accept ALL responsibility for a proper installation. That in mind, what is it that we can do for you to help resolve this issue? We are willing to replace the unit and help you trouble-shoot to the best of our ability over the phone. (Please call Dennis LaFreniere at 757-288-5702). He has emailed you at least twice in response to your requests for help but has not, as of yet, received a call.

Please let us know what specifically you want and or expect us to do.

Regards,
    Darren LaFreniere

9. Feb 20, 2012 at 11:34 AM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    6 inch lift, tinted windows, custom tail lights, custom Red/White/Red-Black FLYZEYE Designs TCMA-0513 V2W interior light Custom Powder-Coated Devil Horns by Andres
    Actually, feedback was given promtly via email.

10. Feb 20, 2012 at 11:38 AM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    To this point, yes... please make sure OUR unit is not affecting your Tacoma. IF the problem persists, it implies that the installation and not the unit are more at fault. We are NOT trying to place blame or accuse you of poor craftsmenship. We like you, would in fact like to resolve your issue. Please be realistic in your expectations. There are quite a few V2Ws out there - none have reported this type of failure to date.

We do take pride in our products and company. We apologize for the percieved lack of response and hope to help you with this issue.

11. Feb 20, 2012 at 12:48 PM
    SilverBullet07

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Pleasanton, CA
    Vehicle:
    Okay... I apologize.

12. Feb 21, 2012 at 10:30 AM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    I was in contact with Darren and Dennis via email. I soon later called Dennis as well. He provided his recommendations and I will follow up later... I'll check installations and what not again and follow up.

Thanks you guys at flyzeye :)

13. Feb 25, 2012 at 11:25 AM
    AaronArf

AaronArf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    VA Beach
    Vehicle:
    2023 LR OR DCSB
    Ant, Curious to know if you determined the cause of your dash light issue???

14. Feb 25, 2012 at 9:01 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    update:

so i took apart the cluster and carefully inspected the wiring again, specifically the crimp just to make sure it was on correctly. Well come to find out one was slightly off or didn't clamp properly. So needless to say, i redid it and so far it is working.

Thanks flyzeye for a great product still! Hopefully that overlook on my part was it. :)

-AnT

15. Feb 26, 2012 at 11:12 AM
    sherlock

sherlock Well-Known Member

Member:
    I was really really confident it was your install and not the flyzeye unit. The flyzeye has a terrific track record so chances the unit was problematic were very slim.

Products Discussed in

To Top