1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LED Lighting Conversion

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by chan2565, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Jan 10, 2019 at 11:51 AM
    Parker315

Parker315 Modding on a Budget | TTC Member #0127

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Cypress Texas
    Vehicle:
    17 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB MGM
    TTC (Texas Toyota Coalition) Member #127
    Just another point proven that some folks on here are full of it and only trying to discredit and bash a good company. Thanks for sharing this :thumbsup:

Wow, i actually have a set of the first LED's on the list that are deAutoLED and they have a new product I am running right now that's not yet released that actually twice as good as those.

Boyitz and RobP62 like this.
  2. Jan 10, 2019 at 12:07 PM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR нет войне

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    They have a marketing technique that does not work for me as I prefer to make choices based on technical merit and specifications. Their choice to set themselves apart, is rather than compete with the online ads for various bulbs, that exaggerate their specifications, is to rely on promoting customer feedback, and packaging kits for specific vehicles. From the drama of my mind, I gather they are working with an overseas manufacturer(s), and setting specifications, evaluating the models shipped to them, prior to selling them. It could very well be the same manufacturer that produces bulbs marketed on other online sources. It doesn't matter to them, because the day a manufacturer does not deliver on the specs they've set out, they can drop them and introduce a different solution, without having to redo their website images. From my opinion, they are marketing to those that do not want to wade thru all the technical stuff, just sell me bulbs that work; and that likely is 80% of folks out there. Yes, for their work, they charge a premium price for their service. As someone said, you get what you pay for. It appears they have hired a person or entity that does the online forum marketing for them, allowing their staff to stick to order fulfillment, and customer support. They have chosen to do things differently, and good for them.

P.S. there is another Vendor on here, specific to Tacomas that markets in a similar manner, and gets good reviews. https://www.tacomaworld.com/forums/jumpers-leds.171

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    RobP62, MESO and Parker315[QUOTED] like this.
  3. Jan 10, 2019 at 7:05 PM
    jnjoiwngs

jnjoiwngs JnJOwings

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessie
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2018 White Tacoma TRD
    Hondo radio knobs, Rigid ditch lights, Cali-raised bumper light
    Hello all,
    I have been following this thred for about a year now. I have purchased a few led lights. I have replaced all the interior with LED and Tail and lisence plate lights. I have not upgraded my headlights, taillights, sidemarkers, or turns. Based on the feedback from @RobP62 and @Parker315 I am leading toward XenonDepot Led pro's for the low and high beams. So my question is about the Deautos leds vs Xenon Depot's for the low beams... Are they both equal or is there any noticable difference betweent the two?

Parker315 likes this.
  4. Jan 10, 2019 at 7:09 PM
    avi8or_co

avi8or_co Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cavalry Blue TRD Sport
    Has anybody got any further info about the new VLEDS headlights? Comes out end of the month, looks like a quality set of bulbs.

5. Jan 10, 2019 at 7:37 PM
    Parker315

Parker315 Modding on a Budget | TTC Member #0127

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Cypress Texas
    Vehicle:
    17 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB MGM
    TTC (Texas Toyota Coalition) Member #127
    So, @deAutoLED.com is most likely going to tell you that they don't recommend the LED for our projector LB, which is a fair statement. HID is going to be superior as long as it's a quality HID KIT. Both XenonDepot and deAutoLED have great HID kits to choose from and Morimoto does as well.

With that said, I don't think that deAutoLED has an LED bulb they recommend for low beam projector housing at this time. Maybe they will chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

@RobP62 can tell you though that his XenonDepot LED's are performing excellently in his LB and HB headlights. XenonDepot though will also mention that HID will perform better in the projector housing.

Regardless, if upgrading from OEM halogen to XenonDepot LED you will NOT be disappointed. Both companies have excellent customer services and offer great warranties. I personally haven't tested or used XD's light, but from what I've seen they are superb. deAutoLED has excellent quality and outstanding performance as well.

I guess bottom line is, you can really go wrong either way.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  6. Jan 10, 2019 at 7:41 PM
    NuTacoma18

NuTacoma18 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma DCSB TRD OR 4X4 MGM w/Tech Pkg.

deAutoLED any progress on 7440 bulbs with a greater contrast between brake, tail and signal? Still interested but waiting. Thanks

olivaresanthony likes this.
  7. Jan 10, 2019 at 7:47 PM
    NEPAChuy

NEPAChuy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD OR Blue Pearl
    I think you mean 7443.

I may be receiving a set of new bulbs to try this weekend from them. I will report results back to them and will let them update the rest of you. Since I’ll be a *tester* for the new ones, I won’t share the results here so as to avoid unnecessary debates about a product that is yet to be listed.

olivaresanthony, LA_Stu and Parker315 like this.
  8. Jan 11, 2019 at 4:16 AM
    RobP62

RobP62 NVR20LD

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Street, Md.
    Vehicle:
    TTC Member #0125
    I couldn't have said this any better and agree with @Parker315 100%. Both companies are excellent at providing quality products and customer support. You just need to look at the various differences between the type of product each offers and weigh the Pros for each yourself.

Also, if you're still undecided, please do yourself a favor and take the time to actually look at @Parker315 reviews and my reviews. See for yourself so you're not just basing your decision on what we're saying. Use your own eyes. The proof is definitely there. Then compare specifications and characteristics.

In the long run, both companies offer great products and support. You won't regret going with either one.

9. Jan 11, 2019 at 4:30 AM
    NuTacoma18

NuTacoma18 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma DCSB TRD OR 4X4 MGM w/Tech Pkg.
    Yes sorry about that. Ok thank you! Great news.

10. Jan 11, 2019 at 9:10 AM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR нет войне

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    - except that with deAutoLED you can't compare specifications, because they won't provide any.

Thegenerik1 likes this.
  11. Jan 11, 2019 at 12:08 PM
    toyotatacomaTRD

toyotatacomaTRD Senior Member

Member:
    I've been running the XenonDepot LED Pro's since October. I'd do it all over again no question. Zero complaints.

RobP62 and Parker315 like this.
  12. Jan 11, 2019 at 3:29 PM
    RobP62

RobP62 NVR20LD

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Street, Md.
    Vehicle:
    TTC Member #0125
    Bob's your Uncle! :fistbump:

13. Jan 11, 2019 at 3:45 PM
    deAutoLED.com

deAutoLED.com Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    We honestly tried to stay out of the thread and let it play out but the same misconceptions are being posted so it is unfortunate.

Thanks for everyone that is showing support and still ordering despite some misconceptions that were posted! :) always appreciated everyone!

The bottom line they offer something that many enjoy and like and are using. The fact some want to try to say we are offering the same product as cheaper ebay models is a shame but we feel most are seeing through their motives.

Below are an updated list

Bright reverse - very popular:
    http://deautokey.com/product/bright-15-chip-reverse-leds-194-921-wedge-error-free-fits-toyota-tacoma

No resistors - totally plug and play front 7440 turns:
    http://deautokey.com/product/universal-front-turn-signal-leds-fits-all-car-models

Low beam HID kit tested to be one of the brightest at a BETTER price:

http://deautokey.com/product/35w-slim-digital-ac-canbus-ballast-h7-h8-h11-h15-9006

Interior Kit - very popular/bright - no buzzing/no flashing/no ghosting - fades in/out like OEM with HIGH CRI:

http://deautokey.com/product/complete-interior-led-kit-for-toyota-tacoma-3rd-gen-2016

Low beam reflector LEDs:

http://deautokey.com/product/headlight-leds-for-reflector-housing-halogen-housing-fits-many-cars-including-vw-audi-jeep

Bright license plates - please check what model you need - normally it is the 194 model:

http://deautokey.com/product/universal-license-plate-leds-super-bright-error-free-fits-many-vw-and-audi-models

Bright side markers:

http://deautokey.com/product/universal-error-free-side-marker-leds-amber-or-white

Brighter better than hikari high beams -drop down it is the Tacoma specific model:
    http://deautokey.com/product/h15-da...00-plug-play-fits-many-volkswagen-audi-models

We are redesigning and updating our 7443 ALSO - STAY TUNED!

Thanks for sharing this info. We were going to address concerns as it seems there are false claims that these cheaper ebay ones are the same ones we are selling. There are many that want to say a similar looking LED is the same even when it doesn't act the same and we have seen many examples of LED that looked identical not act the same. You brought this concern up in another thread and addressed where similar LEDs looked similar:
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...des-white-yellow-strobe.581036/#post-19472500

Our LEDs have White/Yellow/Halogen/Strobe/Flash.

You can scour the internet all day looking for similar LEDs that look similar to deAutoLED or really any LED on the market but at the end what matters is how they perform and last in your car. With a lifetime warranty and guarantee to work they must have high quality material that works and lasts.

@VE7OSR We are curious to why would you say that is similar to ours at all? It is not the same style even but I have even seen a similar style dual color model on the market that didn't come close to the brightness that deAutoLED dual switchback yellow/white/strobe fog is providing.

@chris4x4 your post means a lot to a small business. Recognizing what we can offer vs competitors means everything to us. The proof is in actually using the product.

We can say that our only reason for being here is to provide something that is better. We are working on a higher contrast 7443 bulb also for everyone. They have been testing well and we will update when they are fully completed.

This is true. There is a lot more than the look of the LED or even brightness. While the yellow/white are very bright they are made to last and be reliable and if they do not work for any reason they are backed by their Lifetime Warranty. They work great in both reflectors and projector housings.

The last thing we want to do is post over and over but there is a lot of confusion in the thread saying it is the same or even similar.

The photos and videos might not do it justice but in person they are insanely bright:
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...ogy-1-led-4-modes-white-yellow-strobe.581036/

Very odd speculations. They simply feel many people do not need to see a photo of the product because there could be similar ones as I said but they do not act the same so it just confuses the consumer. Look at what you did which proves their point- you posted a cheap ebay one saying it is similar - it doesn't even look the same but it is a major claim.

At the end we are suggesting their brand and throwing their hat into the ring - you can choose to purchase or not. You tried the same thing in their seller thread. This has to be the 5th time you are saying the same thing basically and it is unfortunate that it seems that you are directing people to purchase cheaper items you found on ebay because they are "similar" to ours.

But at the and the team and I are all honest and simply want to offer a product people will enjoy for a lifetime.

For example and we don't mind having issues on the forum: Someone had buzzing with domes we fixed it - someone had issues with license plates - we fixed it. Someone has issues with contrast - we are fixing this also. Now these are all custom and working 100% so we hope that is clear as we are an honest company.

This makes us better.

All while having something brighter - error free - no load resistors like ones being suggested.

And finally I wanted to add that we are not here to argue - we are offering a product many are enjoying and seeing a difference vs other cheaper models they used in the past (no errors / no load resistors / brighter etc) To us that is all we want is our customers to be happy.

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  14. Jan 11, 2019 at 5:08 PM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR нет войне

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    @deAutoLED.com I said the model is similar to deAutoLED because I saw an install video of someone putting in your tricolor, strobe fogs. Since then the video appears to be removed, and I haven't been able to post the link. Given that you are not offering any information other than opinion, feel free to demonstrate otherwise. There is no doubt you have seen products that do not measure up to deAutoLED's product. Since this is a forum on LED lighting, not limited to the products you represent, I'm posting an option for folks, and have even called into question some.of the stated specs, yet it is a far better model than the 'novelty' ones. There is no statement that it is better or worse than deAutoLED. Welcome to the forum.

EDIT:

I'm not able to find that video again. I will update the post to remove the 'similar to' comment.

Thegenerik1 likes this.
  15. Jan 11, 2019 at 5:11 PM
    deAutoLED.com

Member:
    What video. If you link I can look into it but it seems your motives are to look up similar looking LEDs and saying they are the same? Very interesting.

As we stated - we are sharing our product and what it offers. We seen many novelty yellow/white LEDs that don't perform the same and do not have the same spread of light on the road or cause glare. So it is up to you at the end what you want to purchase.

I have seen similar interior LED kits and the team have been receiving emails about other kits that were buzzing or not fitting correctly - ours all custom now (resistors/sizing) to fit and work within the Tacoma. So you could easily find a similar bulb and link it without it being the same. We seen it plenty and I have linked some examples in our seller thread you followed us into - you can see that your motive as you are doing it many times over and over - the next time our brand is mentioned you are going to link some cheap ebay LED?
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...des-white-yellow-strobe.581036/#post-19472500

16. Jan 11, 2019 at 5:38 PM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR нет войне

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    I asked for specifications in the Seller thread, a simple thing such as the brightness contrast for a taillight, and its physical size, orientation of the LEDs so I could determine if it will be a good fit for my application. Such questions are not unusual, nor do they present any criticism of the products. You were not able to provide answers to all of the queries, as a basis of their marketing policy. That's okay, as you've noted, they do things differently.
    That is until someone else made the contrast ratio a concern, then you provided a 3:1 ratio specification.
    You demonstrated that the company will have a look at that concern and address it. Fair enough. As for odd speculations, your forum identity states the company name, yet you refer to the company in the third person. You are being accurate in your representation that it is not your company. Ok. It is also odd that the company keeps its product's specifications so secretive, but again as I've stated it is a marketing technique that works for the company.
    Keep in mind this thread is for conversations about LED lighting, not just unique to deAutoLED. You do have a forum that is unique to the company, to advertise the company products. Have a look at other Vendors here on the forum to see how they use it. Carry on.

MESO and Thegenerik1 like this.
  17. Jan 11, 2019 at 6:08 PM
    deAutoLED.com

Member:
    I honestly told you they are not releasing any specs and that it was tested to work in the Tacoma when asked about the sizing. Many companies simply sell a bunch of LEDs for any car model and hope it works. deAutoLED tests their product in the specific car model they are selling it for prior to launch and while yes it costs more and takes more time the team feels it is worth the results and to have this information out there as many are more concerned with how they will look and perform their car.

The team is working on the brighter contrast but the brake/tail are at a 1:3 ratio currently and many have it running in the real world and people can tell the difference between the brake and tails.

Yes I help the team with the forums and if they are working on a response I make it clear that deAutoLED are so people don't feel they are being ignored. But at the end the team is providing products that work and many people are happy with using daily and I am happy to be part of their team.

18. Jan 13, 2019 at 5:32 PM
    fcocantu

fcocantu Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Sky Silver Tacoma TRD Off Road
  19. Jan 13, 2019 at 6:33 PM
    VegasKnights

VegasKnights Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Off Road 4x4 Double Cab
    fcocantu[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Jan 13, 2019 at 11:09 PM
    deAutoLED.com

Member:
    Domes are 194 and 31mm
    Sun visor are the thin profile
    194 glove box

The deAutoLED model is all custom to fit work with no buzzing/issuing with ghosting and they are very bright:
    http://deautokey.com/product/complete-interior-led-kit-for-toyota-tacoma-3rd-gen-2016

The interior are custom and different because the model in the video didn't work in all models so if you are basing it off the look be careful as the team admits that the first set they used worked in some but had buzzing in some but now the NEW model is 100% without any issues:

Products Discussed in

To Top