1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LED Lighting Conversion

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016+)' started by chan2565, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Jan 10, 2019 at 7:55 AM
    IPNPULZ

IPNPULZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    Somewhere in time.....
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off-Road Super White....
    Leer 700 series Tonneau,Bedrug,tinted windows,Weather Tech floor mats
    This is being discussed at the moment....

RobP62 likes this.
  2. Jan 10, 2019 at 7:55 AM
    RobP62

RobP62 DCLBMAFIA

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Street, Md.
    Vehicle:
    TTC Member #0125
    Oh cool!!!!!

3. Jan 10, 2019 at 8:00 AM
    IPNPULZ

Member:
    Somewhere in time.....
    Vehicle:
    I am thinking of just ordering new XD bulbs....

4. Jan 10, 2019 at 8:03 AM
    Parker315

Parker315 Modding on a Budget

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Cypress Texas
    Vehicle:
    17 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB MGM
    TTC (Texas Toyota Coalition) Member #127
    These are awesome! Thanks for sharing the videos. I can tell you first hand with the products I have from you guys, they are excellent quality and the performance is spot on!

Dude, I'm blown away by what you're doing here. He simply answered a question that a member asked which was "Has anybody tried these out yet?". I'm getting tired of so many people trying to discredit a good company that's working hard to get their name and product out there. It would be one thing if their quality of products was cheap china made crap, but thats the farthest from what they have. I have 4 different products of theirs and all of them are grade A. I have a LED headlight bulb that destroyed Hikari both in Brightness, Throw, and Performance, as well as quality and i am a huge fan of Hikari.

Thank you for posting what you did and having their back on this one. Thanks for seeing it for what it truly was. That's why I enjoy this forum so much. :thumbsup:

Hosh541, cipherbreaker and VE7OSR like this.
  5. Jan 10, 2019 at 8:12 AM
    IPNPULZ

Member:
    Somewhere in time.....
    Vehicle:
    Maybe deAuto can chime in on there LED headlight bulbs?

RobP62 likes this.
  6. Jan 10, 2019 at 8:57 AM
    RobP62

RobP62 DCLBMAFIA

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Street, Md.
    Vehicle:
    TTC Member #0125
    Whatever you need to know just ask @Parker315 ! He's one of the threads OG's and an Ambassador for them! He has videos too.

Parker315 likes this.
  7. Jan 10, 2019 at 9:02 AM
    IPNPULZ

Member:
    Somewhere in time.....
    Vehicle:
    deAuto LED Head lights for my 2017?

RobP62 likes this.
  8. Jan 10, 2019 at 10:54 AM
    Jayro

Jayro Active Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    This is cheap to do. Thank you!

RobP62 likes this.
  9. Jan 10, 2019 at 11:39 AM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR 'interfering with Natural Selection since 1990'

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    RobP62 likes this.
  10. Jan 10, 2019 at 11:49 AM
    VE7OSR

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    Bulbfacts.com is a review site for Headlight bulbs, and they rank deAutoLED LED headlight bulb at the top of their premium list for the amount of light produced onto the road, and high up for their beam accuracy.

Boyitz and Parker315 like this.
  11. Jan 10, 2019 at 11:51 AM
    Parker315

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Cypress Texas
    Vehicle:
    Just another point proven that some folks on here are full of it and only trying to discredit and bash a good company. Thanks for sharing this :thumbsup:

Wow, i actually have a set of the first LED's on the list that are deAutoLED and they have a new product I am running right now that's not yet released that actually twice as good as those.

Boyitz and RobP62 like this.
  12. Jan 10, 2019 at 12:07 PM
    VE7OSR

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    They have a marketing technique that does not work for me as I prefer to make choices based on technical merit and specifications. Their choice to set themselves apart, is rather than compete with the online ads for various bulbs, that exaggerate their specifications, is to rely on promoting customer feedback, and packaging kits for specific vehicles. From the drama of my mind, I gather they are working with an overseas manufacturer(s), and setting specifications, evaluating the models shipped to them, prior to selling them. It could very well be the same manufacturer that produces bulbs marketed on other online sources. It doesn't matter to them, because the day a manufacturer does not deliver on the specs they've set out, they can drop them and introduce a different solution, without having to redo their website images. From my opinion, they are marketing to those that do not want to wade thru all the technical stuff, just sell me bulbs that work; and that likely is 80% of folks out there. Yes, for their work, they charge a premium price for their service. As someone said, you get what you pay for. It appears they have hired a person or entity that does the online forum marketing for them, allowing their staff to stick to order fulfillment, and customer support. They have chosen to do things differently, and good for them.

P.S. there is another Vendor on here, specific to Tacomas that markets in a similar manner, and gets good reviews. https://www.tacomaworld.com/forums/jumpers-leds.171

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    RobP62, mesojdm and Parker315 like this.
  13. Jan 10, 2019 at 7:05 PM
    jnjoiwngs

jnjoiwngs JnJOwings

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessie
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2018 White Tacoma TRD
    Hondo radio knobs, Rigid ditch lights, Cali-raised bumper light
    Hello all,
    I have been following this thred for about a year now. I have purchased a few led lights. I have replaced all the interior with LED and Tail and lisence plate lights. I have not upgraded my headlights, taillights, sidemarkers, or turns. Based on the feedback from @RobP62 and @Parker315 I am leading toward XenonDepot Led pro's for the low and high beams. So my question is about the Deautos leds vs Xenon Depot's for the low beams... Are they both equal or is there any noticable difference betweent the two?

Parker315 likes this.
  14. Jan 10, 2019 at 7:09 PM
    avi8or_co

avi8or_co Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cavalry Blue TRD Sport
    Has anybody got any further info about the new VLEDS headlights? Comes out end of the month, looks like a quality set of bulbs.

15. Jan 10, 2019 at 7:37 PM
    Parker315

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Cypress Texas
    Vehicle:
    So, @deAutoLED.com is most likely going to tell you that they don't recommend the LED for our projector LB, which is a fair statement. HID is going to be superior as long as it's a quality HID KIT. Both XenonDepot and deAutoLED have great HID kits to choose from and Morimoto does as well.

With that said, I don't think that deAutoLED has an LED bulb they recommend for low beam projector housing at this time. Maybe they will chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

@RobP62 can tell you though that his XenonDepot LED's are performing excellently in his LB and HB headlights. XenonDepot though will also mention that HID will perform better in the projector housing.

Regardless, if upgrading from OEM halogen to XenonDepot LED you will NOT be disappointed. Both companies have excellent customer services and offer great warranties. I personally haven't tested or used XD's light, but from what I've seen they are superb. deAutoLED has excellent quality and outstanding performance as well.

I guess bottom line is, you can really go wrong either way.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  16. Jan 10, 2019 at 7:41 PM
    NuTacoma18

NuTacoma18 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orlando, FL.
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma Double Cab TRD OR 4X4 MGM w/Tech Pkg.
    Weathertech Digital Floor Liners, Front Tint, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sills, OEM Mudflaps.

deAutoLED any progress on 7440 bulbs with a greater contrast between brake, tail and signal? Still interested but waiting. Thanks

olivaresanthony likes this.
  17. Jan 10, 2019 at 7:47 PM
    NEPAChuy

NEPAChuy Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD OR Blue Pearl
    I think you mean 7443.

I may be receiving a set of new bulbs to try this weekend from them. I will report results back to them and will let them update the rest of you. Since I’ll be a *tester* for the new ones, I won’t share the results here so as to avoid unnecessary debates about a product that is yet to be listed.

olivaresanthony, LA_Stu and Parker315 like this.
  18. Jan 11, 2019 at 4:16 AM
    RobP62

RobP62 DCLBMAFIA

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Street, Md.
    Vehicle:
    TTC Member #0125
    I couldn't have said this any better and agree with @Parker315 100%. Both companies are excellent at providing quality products and customer support. You just need to look at the various differences between the type of product each offers and weigh the Pros for each yourself.

Also, if you're still undecided, please do yourself a favor and take the time to actually look at @Parker315 reviews and my reviews. See for yourself so you're not just basing your decision on what we're saying. Use your own eyes. The proof is definitely there. Then compare specifications and characteristics.

In the long run, both companies offer great products and support. You won't regret going with either one.

deAutoLED.com, Parker315 and skyking3 like this.
  19. Jan 11, 2019 at 4:30 AM
    NuTacoma18

NuTacoma18 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orlando, FL.
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma Double Cab TRD OR 4X4 MGM w/Tech Pkg.
    Weathertech Digital Floor Liners, Front Tint, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sills, OEM Mudflaps.
    Yes sorry about that. Ok thank you! Great news.

20. Jan 11, 2019 at 9:10 AM
    VE7OSR

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    - except that with deAutoLED you can't compare specifications, because they won't provide any.

Thegenerik1 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top