1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Legit sliders with detachable step???

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by OH-_SNAP, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Mar 17, 2018 at 6:19 PM
    strktly_bodysurf

strktly_bodysurf Well-Known Member

Member:
    Is this practical? I know sliders are meant to protect the body and all, but doesn't the name "slider" imply slightly that it is also meant to allow your truck to slide/use it as a pivot point when going over rocks?

2. Mar 17, 2018 at 6:27 PM
    OH-_SNAP

OH-_SNAP [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 WHITE LIMITED 4x4 DOUBLE CAB
    ARE V Camper Shell, FiberGlass Hood w/ Functional Skewp. ICON 2.5" Front (ordered)

You mean the step? Looking for a removable detachable options in the marketplace so it could be removed before wheeling and won't catch on anything

3. Mar 17, 2018 at 6:36 PM
    strktly_bodysurf

strktly_bodysurf Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ah I see. I should have read your comment better. My bad. Ball out and get amp research steps and mount them beneath your sliders!!

OH-_SNAP[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  4. Mar 17, 2018 at 6:40 PM
    OH-_SNAP

OH-_SNAP [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 WHITE LIMITED 4x4 DOUBLE CAB
    ARE V Camper Shell, FiberGlass Hood w/ Functional Skewp. ICON 2.5" Front (ordered)
    Lol...I should

5. Mar 18, 2018 at 7:03 AM
    bobrown14

bobrown14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    Gen 3
    bunch of stuff - Bro Pro style
    Nfab nerf bars have a step... it doesn't hang down like the predator bar steps do and it's A LOT beefier. Get the 3" tubes and yer all set.

You won't rip the steps off and you wont be able to damage the nerf bars off road.

Those wimpy predators... yeah prolly going to fvck them up on rocks pretty easy.

6. Apr 26, 2018 at 1:05 AM
    Techoma

Techoma This is the Wild, Wild, West!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Extreme Expo 05 PreRunner
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    You cannot see it in the picture, but my steps come off with four simple bolts.

7. Apr 26, 2018 at 4:47 AM
    adk_tacoma

adk_tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Waterford, NY
    Vehicle:
    2016 quicksand tacoma sr5
    Westin outdoors man winch brush guard, custom switch board, Custom machined tow hooks, 255/85/r16 tires, trd shocks and struts, oba in bed cubby, ladder rack, JDUB skid plate
    the thread "Help Mobtown " has been discussing this subject for a while

8. Apr 26, 2018 at 5:03 AM
    Taco Addiction

Taco Addiction We found Jimmy

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2004 Black TRD Offroad
    Kings, SCS Wheels and other mall crawling crap
    I had the same issue with the kids getting into the truck. Landed on this solution from Demello, their "Rock Crusher" model, they have both bolt on and welded. I have them welded. Highly recommend them. They run down the entire length as well so I can step into the bed if needed, kids and wife love em.

Strong as shit and prevents those nasty door dings at the mall..not that i am ever there ..though.. ahem.. :anonymous: Couple profile shots below.

upload_2018-4-26_6-59-14.jpg

upload_2018-4-26_7-0-19.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top