1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LEO BS Thread

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by KodiakToyTRD, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Jun 6, 2012 at 11:29 AM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Let's BS about LEO shit. Open forum to ask any question, of any officer, as long as its kept civil, polite, non political and non judgmental.

Ask away :cool:

2. Jun 6, 2012 at 11:38 AM
    tuckdaddy

tuckdaddy Get a bite hippies

Member:
    First Name:
    Tucker
    Boerne, McQueeney, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black Sand Pearl TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    -265/75/16 BFG KM2 tires -Hard Wired Radar Detector -Diff Breather Mod -Mag Lite Holder -CBI Moab 2.0 Front Bumper -Warn M8000 winch
    Just want to say thanks!

3. Jun 6, 2012 at 11:44 AM
    PVT Pablo

PVT Pablo Ultra Junior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    ICON 2.5" EXT Coil Overs SPC UCA's ICON 2.0" rear shocks Skyjacker 2.0" rear leaf springs 285/70/17 Duratracs mounted on 17" V-Tec Offroads Satoshi with BAMF Light Bar and 2 Hella 700FF's 2 1/2" Magnaflow after axle dump EBC USR Slotted Rotors/EBC 7000 Pads Wheeler's Superbumps RokBlokz Mud Flaps
    Aww man I need a petty officer to enforce law :( Lemme go grab a BO and I'll be right back!

4. Jun 6, 2012 at 12:02 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    LOL! BTM's can enforce some laws too. :p

5. Jun 6, 2012 at 12:06 PM
    arrrghhh

arrrghhh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road
    Custom Front Bumper, Smittybilt XRC-8, 3" OME lift, 33" Falken A/T tires
    Just curious, why do most LEO's go into that field?

Most seem to enjoy the power trip, but some seem to go into the field to genuinely help people.

6. Jun 6, 2012 at 12:30 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Its not really a power trip for me. I can only answer for myself on this but for me, yes there is a side of me that is an adrenaline junky. Always waiting for that big call to come over the radio.

But the most prevalent reason for me getting in to LE is, I wanna get bad guys off the streets. I see things, injustices that are happening to people, people getting away with shit they shouldn't and it drives me to be someone where I can be in that place at that time to take care of business.

I do enjoy helping people, but enjoy the helping aspect in regards to arrest the perp of a crime committed against someone. The justice system (courts/corrections) can do what they want, how they want, but I know when I go to bed that I put criminals in jail.

EDIT: Another thing that drives me up the wall is the habitual DUI offenders. That's a big reason I got into LE as well.

7. Jun 6, 2012 at 12:50 PM
    Front sight

Front sight Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    ProComp 3"lift, LR UCA's,Destination 285/70/17's, 1.25 spidertrax, K&N drop in, 2nd filter removed, Dynomax catback, Weathertech liners,Toyota bed mat, Silverstar Ultra's, reverse lights,Wet Oklee's,bedlights and other small stuff.
    Well I did nine years in the Navy as a Seabee doing construction. I enjoyed the structure and the comradery. I had a family and didn't want to move around anymore. I started out working in a jail. I learned A LOT about what goes on in my community. I then got bored of the jail and wanted a challenge so I went into patrol. Now I know who the players are and I know what they are about. In Florida we have a HUGE problem with pills. I enjoy putting the people away who push the stuff on our kids. I also enjoy catching burglars- I hate thieves.
    All the while without a power trip. :) Most people who meet me out of uniform say they would have never guest I was a cop other then my short hair and build.

8. Jun 6, 2012 at 4:27 PM
    tigerfan00

tigerfan00 BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Dunkin Donuts
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD 4x4
    this pretty much nails my reasoning on the head

9. Jun 8, 2012 at 5:38 AM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    I wanted to take a bite outta crime.

10. Jun 8, 2012 at 5:47 AM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    Btw, just spent a couple of days in Arizona. Probably the coolest state ever. Serious props to y'all out there cause man it's very desolate out there. At least in a good size city where I'm at I know my back is usually around the corner. Be safe out there. Oh yeah the grand canyon was freakin awesome. I'm in San Diego now. California is cool. Almost got pulled by a border patrol yesterday but the officer drove up next to us, checked me out and turned around. It was pretty cool. He had a sick brand new charger. Going back to Florida Tuesday check in later. Like the bs thread good idea.

11. Jun 8, 2012 at 11:33 AM
    TS1980

TS1980 Glocking Tall

Member:
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2014 Ram 1500 5.7L
    I was a few months from graduating college and I applied to two police departments and I applied to the fire academy. One of the police departments hired me right away. I started the academy 3 weeks after finishing school. I knew I wanted to do something in public service and I wanted something with job security. That was very important to me. The power trip stereotype fits maybe 1 out of 5. Most of what you see as a cop being unfriendly or on a power trip is really him (or her) just being reserved. They are busy trying to observe 100 other things going on at the same time: surroundings, other people in the area, where your hands are, traffic, his fellow officer's location, etc. Cops are trained to eye f**k everything, so to speak.

12. Jun 8, 2012 at 2:00 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Just a little BS here, my full application packet is under internal review for employment recommendation for a sheriff's office here in CO...haven't heard anything since Tuesday, tempted to call but I know that's a bad idea...

The anticipation is so....:annoyed:

13. Jun 8, 2012 at 2:14 PM
    Mr. Brown

Mr. Brown Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    White Double Cab Off Road
    Suspensiopn: Donahoe coil overs, Donahoe rear reservoir shocks, Light Racing UCA's, Wheelers AAL's, Exterior: Powder-coated black billet grill, Hella Black Magic fog lights, color matched rear bumper, color matched side mirrors, undercover tonneau cover, Interior: Alpine W203 w/ Blackbird II, Weathertech Floor-liners, blue gauge light mod, Performance: AFE Stage II Intake, Banks exhaust, single cat y-pipe, Dynomat hood-liner, NST Performance pulleys, URD MAF calibrator
    Did you go into the Reserve?

14. Jun 8, 2012 at 2:16 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    No, I haven't done that yet. I might depending on the circumstances though. I'm just inactive right now.

15. Jun 8, 2012 at 2:23 PM
    rsbmg

rsbmg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vista,CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Doublecab TRD Offroad
    Front Aluminum bumper by Relentless Fab. Smittybuilt Winch Complete set of skids by ATO TC UCA's Fox Ext. Travel Front Reservoirs.
  16. Jun 8, 2012 at 2:33 PM
    arrrghhh

arrrghhh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road
    Custom Front Bumper, Smittybilt XRC-8, 3" OME lift, 33" Falken A/T tires
    Yea, I do realize they have to pretty much be worried about everything, constantly...

Plus, seeing the worst of society, day in, day out has to wear on you...

I'll stop there. I respect what you folks do, and probably could never do it myself. I don't have much self-control, and having people mouth off at me constantly would not work out too well...

17. Jun 8, 2012 at 2:40 PM
    Sje1124

Sje1124 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Oklahoma / Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2010 DBL Cab TRD OR 4x4 W/ JBL
    Just a few
    Haha I see I have a fellow BTM

18. Jun 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Was once upon a time...:cool:

19. Jun 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM
    LT1

LT1 Noob-ish

Member:
    SoCal-OC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DC/LB/4x4/TRD supa sport!
    Limo Tint all the way around, tailgate theft mod, Console Vault, EGR vent visors, debadged emblems, TRD door emblems, Sockmonkey TOYOTA tailgate sticker, OME 3" lift w/aal, BAMF sliders, BHLM, MKW offroad M88 black 18" wheels.. for now..
    My situation was a little different.. I was stuck in a dead end job and didn't know what to do.. I sat around and thought to myself what can I do that will allow me to raise a family on a modest income?? I then stumbled upon the idea of being a cop, and looking back now, I can't see myself doing anything else.. except maybe the military..

It's kinda funny, I grew up having a negative connotation of cops, then I thought of it as a job opportunity, and now I wouldn't have it any other way, It's absolutely a lifestyle. I know I never would have ever owned a gun had I not become a cop, and now that I am, I have so many! and they continue to grow...:D

I love my job. I wouldn't want to do anything else (except maybe military) but it isn't an easy job. People join for various reasons, and when they do, they're still people like you and me and that asshole you hate next door.. like any job there's all kinds of people. In my department, there's assholes, hard core Christians, and your average joe. They're gonna have different ways to solve the same problem. I hate asshole cops just as much as the next guy does. But bottom line is, we're all human, to expect anything else is unrealistic. Sorry, most departments don't require personality checks before hiring. :(

Going a different direction, I'm gonna jump on my soapbox for a minute...

My definition of cops has changed now that I am one also... We're all human, we feel, we bleed, and we fuck up just like normal humans. and no one likes their mistakes aired out on live TV. When normal people screw up on the job, you get a reprimand of some sort, when LEO fuck up on the job, its the crime of the century and the jury is ALWAYS out before trial.. "They're all dirty cops!!:mad:" And it truly feels like everyone is out to make sure they catch a cop doing something they shouldn't be doing... Can you imagine any other job where the public is constantly watching you and waiting (camera in hand) for you to fuck up so they can go viral with it?

The more I think about it, the more I truly feel like this job is not normal for human beings.. to ask someone to always be aware but not paranoid, to know every aspect of the law instantly, the physical demands (30 lbs of gear on a hot day), the psychological demands (going from chill at starbucks to instant adrenaline when your partner asks for a follow), the fact that your decision you make in a millisecond is going to be dissected by the judge, attorneys, jury, and public (who have no idea how it truly went down) in a few months/years time. It's just not realistic in today's environment! I feel like LEO are put in a position of failure.

Then to top it all off, the public hates us.. :( I work in Orange County, CA and for the last few years 2 of our patrol cities have been the "Safest city in America" for the most part people don't feel the same way about us as our counterparts in LA.. but things like this still happen: wildfires in OC and the Deputies are out patrolling the evacuated area, suffering the smoke, winds, all that crap without special suits.. a lady pulls up to the command center in a minivan and starts pulling out pizzas and sodas.. the deputies are like.. :eek:oh, my god!! you are a life saver!! then as the deputies are about to dig in, they hear a screeching halt.. and her backing up.. she then says "Hey! give me those pizzas back!" (Sgt. orders the deputies to place it all back in the minivan) the lady then says "Those are for the firemen! you guys should know better!:mad:" and all we can do is be professional and say "We're sorry ma'am" and get back to the fires and protecting their homes..

Sorry for that side rant.. It bugs me sometimes when people judge cops based on ignorant "facts." Anyways, I'm done! and I assure you I'm not a crazed sociopath or angry cop.. in fact I usually get the "why can't most cops be like you?"

Anyway, thanks for your service guys/gals!! be safe.

20. Jun 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    So many good true points LT1. Thank you for posting!!

To Top