1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LEO BS Thread

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by KodiakToyTRD, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Apr 12, 2013 at 8:47 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Lol! You just said that you write if they were an ass!

:p

2. Apr 12, 2013 at 8:49 PM
    95 taco

95 taco Cornfed

Member:
    South Miss.
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5
    Bilsteins front and rear, front set to 1'' and rear are 9'' 5125's, OMD springs in the rear, CSJumper LED's inside, hard wired inverter.
    Pretty sure she meant , if your rude I'll probably give you a ticket instead of a warning.

P.s. Matt, I'll reply when I'm not on my phone.

3. Apr 12, 2013 at 8:55 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    She may or may not have...still, being an ass has no bearing on whether I write you a ticket or a warning, decide that before you go up to the car, because on the stand if it goes to court, some of the first questioning is going to go:

Officer, do you always write tickets to people who do such and such?

You: No...

Officer, why did you write my client a ticket?

You: Because he broke the law.

Officer, do you always write tickets to people who break the law?

You: No.

So again Officer, why did you write my client a ticket?

What's your answer? I'd rather not my answer be "He was an ass."

4. Apr 12, 2013 at 8:56 PM
    cmack

cmack Impeach Chris4x4!

Member:
    Quit being an ass

:p

Just foolin. I have the same POV as you on this tho...

5. Apr 12, 2013 at 8:57 PM
    Anteupp

Anteupp Mega Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    San Diego
    Total Chaos Long Travel 4x4, Fox Coilovers, DMZ spring under, 16" king tripple bypasses, Garage built bedcage/bumper, full cage coming soon...
    Thats not exactly the point he was trying to make.

6. Apr 12, 2013 at 9:00 PM
    LilTuffGirl

LilTuffGirl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nikki
    WV
    3" rough country lift leather
    I'm in WV.. And we do city citations. Our city court consists of us showing up in jeans and a nice shirt and we wait in the hall and BS until someone comes to find us. We walk in to the judges office who says "traffic school? 6 month open docket? What do you recommend?" But most people just pay it.

When it comes to speeding if I can tell it was an honest mistake I don't write. If they just act like I'm annoying them and they do it all the time I write. They are more likely to be afraid to do it again after a hard back. BUT I have yet to write a speeding ticket for anything over 4mph over the limit so that they get points on their record.

7. Apr 12, 2013 at 9:04 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Must be nice, jeans and a shirt in the courtroom huh?

My point is, don't write contempt of cop tickets.

8. Apr 12, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    Maticuno

Maticuno Weapon Mechanic

Member:
    California High Deserts
    Vehicle:
    08 DCLB Sport
    Pioneer AVIC-D3, SWI-PS, Sirius Satellite Radio, 2X In-Cab 110V Outlets, Constant Fog Light Mod, Inverter Always 400W Mod, Anti-Pack-Rat-In-Intake Mod, Eibachs on 5100's, 2" Toytec AAL, B.A.M.F Rear Diff Skid, 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires
    Not likely. Speeders are going to speed, especially if they have an attitude. I wrote someone for speeding, cleared the contact and wrote some notes, then started patrolling again and 5 miles down the road the same person was being written for speeding by another agency.

9. Apr 12, 2013 at 9:30 PM
    LilTuffGirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Nikki
    WV
    Well when I was younger if I got a ticket on one part of the road I'd always slow way down in that area afraid the officer would be there again.
    So it worked for me :shrug:

Everyone has their own way. I don't tell you how to decide. I've done the decide before walking up to the car but have been talked out of writing before.

You're saying you walk up to a car thinking you aren't going to write and you've never changed your mind?the arguing about how they weren't speeding and you're wrong..

10. Apr 12, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    They have their day in court. Why would you let your suspect win an argument with you when you KNOW that you clocked that person at 10 over, 20 over, 30 over, running a stop sign, etc.

If I decide to write, I will write. If I decide I won't write, I won't...and I tell them that. "I'm not going to be issuing you a citation today unless there is an issue with your driver's license."

Contempt of cop tickets will be your downfall in court, its a known fact.

11. Apr 12, 2013 at 9:42 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    I will clarify that there are times when I have started to write a ticket and another call comes out that I have to go to or one time I ran out of contract town tickets and I was gonna cite both people for throwing flaming material on the roadway, I only had one ticket...so neither of them got a ticket.

12. Apr 12, 2013 at 10:31 PM
    Enders Taco

Enders Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Hampton Roads VA
    Vehicle:
    DCSB 4x4 6SP
    All Pro APEX Front Bumper, All Pro Sliders, Icon Coilovers with rear shocks and add a leaf pack, URD short shifter, Pioneer X930BT Nav with Polk speakers
    I've never ever been asked that. In our courts we testify to the violation and we typically end with a statement on how co-operative they were.

Judges here offer traffic school if its their first citation in 7 years or more, minimum fine for co-operative, slightly enhanced for argumentative but compliant and they max it out for uncooperative.... Unless the officer already cited for every violation observed.

I love my tire depth gauge ;)

The closest I've had to her scenario was a lawyer once said during cross examination if I charged his client with assault on LEO and resisting arrest after his client threatened to complain to IA. I could only answer yes. She made the statement on the way to booking. Hadn't had a chance to swear out the warrants yet.... I secured convictions :)

13. Apr 13, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    LilTuffGirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Nikki
    WV
    Yea I always look everywhere inside of the car and on the person. I'm DUI patrol tonight so ill practice the questioning since I won't have any calls to worry about. I normally forget the questioning and you're right that's what gets them hemmed up.
    Plus allows me time to smell that "alcoholic beverage".

14. Apr 15, 2013 at 2:12 PM
    12DblCab

12DblCab I don't know what to write here

Member:
    South
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Sport "Pyrite Mica"
    Must be different where you guys are. I've never heard anything about anyone's demeanor or why you wrote them a ticket brought up in court. You explain what you saw, the driver/lawyer asks you a few questions about that violation and/or your method of observing it, they can make a final statement, and the judge makes a ruling. Personal or race-baiting questions get shut down.

15. Apr 15, 2013 at 3:00 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 GO VOLS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    ok guys i got a question for you officers.

Why would the county sheriffs be knocking on the door looking for the guy that use to live here? we bout the house from they guy 5 years ago end of feb i think and moved in like 1st week of march.

Warrant maybe? taxes? Also this is not the first time they have come by looking for him, They have come by like 2 or 3 other times. All they do is have papers in hand and ask if he is here or how the can contact him.

16. Apr 15, 2013 at 3:34 PM
    ProForce

ProForce Thin Blue Line

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal-Ontario
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD Sport DCSB 4.0 Auto 2wd
    Too many to list. See build page. Link in signature
    Not a Leo, but I'd say its an arrest warrant, and that's the last known address most likely.

17. Apr 15, 2013 at 3:39 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides. Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Big Easy, USA
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit Upcoming: ATO Gas Tank Skid and Sliders w/ kickout. ATO Shackle Flip Kit. Down the line: Front/Rear ARB Lockers w/ OBA. 4.56 Gears
    Some locales use LEOs to serve legal papers...So could be any number of things.

18. Apr 15, 2013 at 3:50 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 GO VOLS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    yeah. dad is retied wildlife officer, and said this is probably last know address for him.
    this. Thats kinda what i’m thinking. We told the officer where we think the guy moved to.

edit: another reason i think it’s just some kinda legal paper, is this is not the first time they have come by looking for him. I think they came by some time last year and i think the year before. i know they have come by a good 3 times maybe more. almost like once a year.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  19. Apr 15, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    I serve civil papers at my agency, and we get things like the issue in question all the time. Same thing with warrants, especially ones that are issues years in the past.

20. Apr 16, 2013 at 9:42 AM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    We do not serve civil paper unless it is an injunction. For us it would be a warrant.

To Top