1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Leo's and others, wanting opinion on Pepper spray.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by luk8272, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Apr 21, 2009 at 8:09 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Well someone broke into my ex's house, not a big deal really but we have a daughter together and they went into my daughters room, not cool. Nothing was stolen and no one was home. This time. She was wanting some mace or something but I used to teach self-defense to college students and have been tasered and sprayed with pepper spray and mace. Was never impressed with what the girls were carrying. It was the cheap shit, now I have had some Leo friends spray me and it was worse but I could still get a hold of them. I let them place the "nipple clips" on me and was incapacitated. But she doesn't want one of those, go figure. Either way I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this.
    http://www.pepperblaster.com/

Looks pretty damn good to me. I like the fact that it shoots gel and fast, with some punch. I find the liquids drift too much and everyone gets some in their eyes.
    I don't like the fact that it seems to only be 2 shots then replace, however the price isn't bad.
    It also remains good until shot, unlike others that need to be replace after 12months.

2. Apr 21, 2009 at 8:11 AM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    just keep in mind that pepper spray, oc spray, and mace...dont work on everyone

its especially ineffective on people who eat a lot of spicy foods

3. Apr 21, 2009 at 8:13 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    There are other "Pyrotechnically Driven" products on the market that are 100% effective on assailants......Hmmm.......For example:

[​IMG]

4. Apr 21, 2009 at 8:20 AM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    Sorry to hear there home was broken into. The product you post looks pretty good.

Maybe she can get an alarm for their home, so when some does try to break-in the police can be notified.

5. Apr 21, 2009 at 8:29 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    neslerahh I already installed some window things that make a hideiously loud noise.

Chris we don't get her a gun because while we were together she would come and shoot with me but I was scared to death! So an actual gun is out, she has close neighbors and I wouldn't want her shooting them or our daughter in her panic. She is very panicy, and can't function, it pisses me off. I was also concerned with her accuracy with this. However she has changed and we will reconsider.

Tiger I agree comeptly with that, especially since we here are all cajun, and every thing has some spice.

Thanks guys.

6. Apr 21, 2009 at 8:34 AM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    Taser International has come out with a civilian taser that you can buy too...tasers seem to be a bit more effective on most people...but if the intruder is wearing thick clothing or something like that it may not work either...

7. Apr 21, 2009 at 8:36 AM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    get her a couple big dogs

8. Apr 21, 2009 at 8:43 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Tiger I'll look into that, its hot almost all year long here.

Mytoytaco She hates dogs.

Yall see how difficult she is, it was worse when we were together.

9. Apr 21, 2009 at 8:44 AM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
  10. Apr 21, 2009 at 8:45 AM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    Another thing you can do is get some alarm stickers. put them on the windows, doors, and get one of the little foot-high alarm signs that sticks in the grass - this is a good deterrant

11. Apr 21, 2009 at 8:46 AM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    a consumer version of what I carry is also available but its around $1000...the C2 is much more affordable at $350 with a laser sight

12. Apr 21, 2009 at 8:54 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    That looks pretty good tiger.
    Mytoy I was looking at buying an ex police car and sticking that in the yard lol.

13. Apr 21, 2009 at 8:56 AM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    or you could hire some ninja's to hide in the trees, they kick ass

14. Apr 21, 2009 at 12:26 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Well she just called and shot down all of those ideas. Thanks.
    Here is the rundown.
    1.)"The gun is too dangerious and I can't shoot"
    2.)"you know I hate dogs"
    3.)She liked the pepper blaster but thinks she would have a bad aim because she can't shoot.
    I'll call her back and ask about the Ninjas!

15. Apr 21, 2009 at 12:35 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    bear mace that they sell at places like gander mountain

taser

body guard

bow and arrows?

im running out of ideas but if you get an old crown vic, put real dark tint, a few antennaes and some lights (led) in the grill (get led in amber or white so you wont get charged with impersonating and officer and if the tint is illegal dont drive it) and maybe a small dash ligh for the front and rear and he may not even bother...or it may attract him cause usually cops have guns in their houses, tough call

16. Apr 21, 2009 at 12:44 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    I'm like a chicken on a fence, lol.
    I have been brain storming for her but she shoots all the ideas down.She is worreied about Zoe (daughter)and a gun in the house. But hell my daughter is 4 and knows how to put my pistol together, or should I say what piece goes where. She also knows better than to touch it, she understands that I carry it and knows how to place her legs when she is on my hip. I believe if kids grow up with guns and understand them they are better off. I'm not saying my gun is ever where she can get it but she comes to the country with us when we shoot and knows that when we get home it gets cleaned.

17. Apr 21, 2009 at 12:45 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    I think it was one of her ex boyfriends that made a copy of her house key. The question is which one. I don't mind him messing with my daughters mom but not in my girls room. Its off limits and I have none.

18. Apr 21, 2009 at 12:48 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    security camera, or a dummy camera

19. Apr 21, 2009 at 12:49 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Damn I just looked at some last night, they were for your computer and done over the net. Great Idea!

20. Apr 21, 2009 at 1:07 PM
    badguybuster

badguybuster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    New truck....so nothing yet
    If you want to get Pepper Spray or "OC" (Oloeresin Capsicum) go for a foam version. It is sticky and adheres to the target. Make her practice with it, so she can be quick and accurate. You want something above 10%, 15 if you can find it. They even make some called "Bear Stopper", big game hunters use it. It is like 25-30%. The main use for pepper sprays (any kind) is to create a shock to the assailant. It distracts them long enough (hopefully) to allow the potential victim to create some distance between them (Reactionary gap) and to flee. I have been sprayed several times, once for the Army, once for Police Academy, and twice while teaching rape prevention classes to woman. Anyway, a small caliber handgun (38 spl +p) is a better option, not a lot of kick and it won't over penetrate very often. Keep in mind, NOTHING works unless she has it handy. She needs to PRACTICE, PRACTICE.....oh, and PRACTICE.

Products Discussed in

To Top