1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Let’s see those rod vaults!

Discussion in 'Boating & Fishing' started by teledan, Nov 3, 2023.

1. Nov 3, 2023 at 2:31 PM
    teledan

teledan [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2018 White DCLB OR
    Ok guys, I know some people aren’t a fan of them and some people love them. I just want to see pictures of trucks with rooftop rod vaults, rod racks, rod carriers, etc! I have thought about getting one but I am still on the fence. From those of you who have one, I’d like to hear what you like and what you don’t like about it.

2. Nov 13, 2023 at 1:57 PM
    DrummyTaco

DrummyTaco Feeeesh

Member:
    Outer Banks
    Vehicle:
    2022 4Runner TRD Sport, 2017 SR5 DCLB 4x4 (rip), 1996 reg cab 4x4, 1997 xtra cab 4x4
    A few different ideas here, a couple from myself as well from when I first got my truck. Depending on what you’re going after, there are a ton of options. I don’t travel more than an hour so my stuff stays together on ski racks up top.

I know several people that use 6” pvc mounted up top with a removable cap on one end to transport their rods on long hauls. But you have to break the rod down and remove the reels. Also, once you’re at your destination, you’ll have to figure out another way to store them if you plan to move spot to spot, with skit racks, just take the weight off and throw them up top.

If you go the ski rack rout, watch what you buy. Had some friends buy some cheap racks that kept flinging open on the highway. I have Yakima racks on both my vehicles with no issues for 10yrs, but you have to remember to lube the locks if you live near the coast.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/rod-holder-idea-thread-link.390405/

teledan[OP] likes this.
  3. May 15, 2024 at 4:36 AM
    m(a)ce

m(a)ce Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off-Road Camper
    AluCab Canopy Camper OME Suspension AEV Crestone w/KO2s ARB Summit Bar Warn Zeon 10S CBI Overland aluminum skids CBI sliders Safari Snorkel ARB Intensity lights
    I have a River Quiver and it’s been great!

Once I got over spending the $ it’s been worth it for how we fish which means moving around a lot to different wade spots. Also great for early early mornings (no need to dig in the dark) and late nights - just pop the rod in and head to camp to eat/drink a beer.

IMG_0319.jpg

4. May 15, 2024 at 8:48 AM
    teledan

teledan [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2018 White DCLB OR
    Awesome setup, and I love your plate! I forgot to follow up on this thread, my wife bought me a Trxstle for Christmas and it has been awesome so far. Here is a crappy pic of it out in the parking lot at work.

IMG_7263.jpg

m(a)ce likes this.
  5. May 19, 2024 at 12:30 PM
    m(a)ce

m(a)ce Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off-Road Camper
    AluCab Canopy Camper OME Suspension AEV Crestone w/KO2s ARB Summit Bar Warn Zeon 10S CBI Overland aluminum skids CBI sliders Safari Snorkel ARB Intensity lights
    Thanks! Your setup looks sweet! So clean.

Glad you’re digging your Trxstle- heard good things about them too.

Tight lines!

teledan[QUOTED][OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top