1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Let the mods begin

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by jmarquez808, Jul 18, 2012.

1. May 4, 2013 at 6:56 PM
    jmarquez808

jmarquez808 [OP] Large Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 4x2 reg cab / 12 4x4 double cab
    **Afe cold air intake w/pro dry filter, Yellow tint fogs, Daytime running lights, led dome light, led license plate lights, Led tail lights, 3 inch carbon antenna, spec d projector headlights, carbon fiber look interior trim pieces, Djm control arms, Djm notch, 4x4 leaf springs, beefed taco 2 inch blocks with offset pin, Rear Qa1 Shocks, Sittin sic stock height coils, x runner bilstein front shocks, weathertech digital fit floor mats, debadged.
    :censored::spy::spy:

2. May 29, 2013 at 3:34 PM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    **Afe cold air intake w/pro dry filter, Yellow tint fogs, Daytime running lights, led dome light, led license plate lights, Led tail lights, 3 inch carbon antenna, spec d projector headlights, carbon fiber look interior trim pieces, Djm control arms, Djm notch, 4x4 leaf springs, beefed taco 2 inch blocks with offset pin, Rear Qa1 Shocks, Sittin sic stock height coils, x runner bilstein front shocks, weathertech digital fit floor mats, debadged.
    3 inch beefed block tapered with offset pin and 2 inch beefed block with offset pin.
    blocks_d5f32c85cd437fc0ad5e01795e05b42f7b64e670.jpg

New 3 inchers are in!
    newblock_7faa34f90a2c3fd36ddbc85a1a05078b47354f30.jpg

yay leveled
    newdrop_131af6e18152644f5d6e50e1a0b1540f3f7cebc4.jpg

3. May 29, 2013 at 4:52 PM
    Hot Taco

Hot Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richfield, WI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Base Regular Cab
    Beefed Taco 3" Lowering Blocks DJM 3" Front Lowering Kit Custom C-Notch Intermittent Wipers LED tail lights
    Nice! Going to need a full body shot though to see how she sits now (so I can see how my truck is going to look with 3" blocks as well :D ). Looks like your truck also has "rustybrakedrumatitis". I got some high temp paint to paint mine... I sure hope it lasts more than one winter, unlike the last time I tried painting drums :(

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  4. May 29, 2013 at 5:05 PM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    lol i should paint mine too. just sprayed right on?

5. May 29, 2013 at 5:06 PM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    ill take a better full pic when its light outside and not raining!

6. May 29, 2013 at 5:13 PM
    Hot Taco

Hot Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richfield, WI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Base Regular Cab
    Beefed Taco 3" Lowering Blocks DJM 3" Front Lowering Kit Custom C-Notch Intermittent Wipers LED tail lights
    That's the plan for me. I plan on grinding the rust off first, using some rust inhibitor on the rusty parts, then painting. My local parts store had VHT high temp paint... probably necessary since brakes can get hot. I guess time will tell if that's a good plan or not.

BTW, I highly recommend buying some anti-seize from your local parts store and putting it on the surface where your wheels meet the brake drums. If you don't, the wheels may seize on. I literally had to use a baseball bat one time to remove the aluminum wheels on my last Tacoma because the aluminum bonded to the steel brake drums.

7. May 29, 2013 at 5:16 PM
    Brendo Ballz808

Brendo Ballz808 Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK

Member:
    First Name:
    BRENDEN
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    SNOFLAKE
    Check out my build:)
    Looks good!!! I sprayed my drums with left over plasti dip like when I did the drop still good no peeling nothing and I just finish spraying clear over the control arms and coils to protect em for.now till I rubberized the whole frame front to back after I notch ill prolly rubberized everything and spray clear over it to make it shine:)

How's your exhaust get clerance?
    Shit I wanna fo my notch myself but I work
    7 days a week and only have night time for wrench
    I might Jang the truck up for like a week and work on em when i get time rip the bumpstops then cut and drill the notch in and lastly spray everything
    Shit if I didn't live far from you id ask for you come by if you'd want to help hahah :p

8. May 29, 2013 at 5:28 PM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    yah i still got clearance never smash em yet!
    The hardest part is getting those bump stops off, thats what makes it take so long. plus the angles on a couple of the rivets are so close to the gas tank. It would be sick to just take the whole bed off and really be able to get in there. I never took mine off tho yet, so i guess i cant say, looks easy enough.
    yah if we can coordinate a time when were both free i can try help! If i had limited time tho like you i would just work on em 3 hours a night and be done in like 3 days. But then you gotta leave your truck laid up. Or if you just blast off a bump stop each night, then you can do one side of the notch at a time, no matter you could finish that way, by yourself, runnning one side notched for a day and the other side not wont make any difference. But maybe we can figure somthing out, dual attack! lol

9. May 29, 2013 at 8:37 PM
    Brendo Ballz808

Member:
    First Name:
    BRENDEN
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    SNOFLAKE
    yeah ill prolly just hang the truck up for a couple days i carpool into town anyways:p and just hammer it down i still gotta buy a grinder and all that i might have some friends come help make the job easier
    i just wanna be slammed already ima try borrow my friends 4" blocks until i get some BEEF blocks ordered

my rims still haven't arrived and its been a bunch of drama and mix ups mainly with the powdercoater so we see if the powdercoater sent the wrong wheel then i might just cancel and order a different rim
    maybe one that started with V_ _ _ _ N (if my bank account can handle)

10. May 29, 2013 at 9:30 PM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Yah trust me if I can do it by myself a couple mechanically.inclined guys will wrap that notch up super fast!

Damn sucks on the wheels. Id be pissed I have such little patience!!! Drop them dollas!!!

11. May 29, 2013 at 9:37 PM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    20130529_182046_4dfe80913e3c0f0d96383f39fd60c152b3784ea3.jpg
    Alright heres the final stance. Djm arms up front and 3 inch tapered beefed blocks with offset pins sitting on 4x4 leafs held down by 9/16 race grade u bolts. Leveling out instead of ass up has definately improved the look and ride. Im sitting 15-1/2 from center to bottom of fender all the way around except the passenger side rear which is maybe 3/8 higher give or take. Thanks to the infamous taco lean. But no big.

12. May 30, 2013 at 1:18 AM
    Brendo Ballz808

Member:
    First Name:
    BRENDEN
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    SNOFLAKE
    Dayum 1" makes a hell of a difference i can totally see the difference looks great brah

shit once I'm notch I will hit you up and we taking so photos chehooo!!! 4.5" blocks here we come

i give it about 4 months before you gonna want to go lower:p

I'm running 3" blocks with my 4x4 leafs sitting on bumpstops at 15 1/4" center to fender and id imagine it would sit lower if i was notched

13 3/8" up front

13. May 30, 2013 at 2:00 PM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    dayum!!! I wonder why ur rear is lowe rthen mine, i got the 4x4 leafs too. Maybe its cuz i have tapered blocks, hmmmmm.
    that bracket on top the axle is scraping the vein under the bed already when i hit a real big bump. i might cut a portion of the vein out the bracket will be hard to bend, but possible

14. May 30, 2013 at 7:58 PM
    lemon177

lemon177 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma 4x4 sport pyrite mica
    TRD supercharger, URD 2.85" stealth pulley, TRD exhaust, TRD intake, DTLT headers, URD y-pipe, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM100 touch with OBDII and SM-AFR modules, 885 OME 3", Icon UCAs, Satoshi grill, Solid rear window, SCS stealth 6, 285/75/17 toyo AT2.
    truck looks good!

15. May 30, 2013 at 9:43 PM
    Brendo Ballz808

Member:
    First Name:
    BRENDEN
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    SNOFLAKE
    thats exactly what ima do too looks a lot easier than mighting a metal tab i also gotta look at the brake lines by the gas tank :p
    to be honest when i was running the 2" blocks and 4x4 leafs i sat 15 7/8" i think i really forget ima measure again i think if i took the bumpstops off it would sit lower still haha idk why my springs seem to be about 2" drop

Angle blocks drop no different than straight blocks its just corrects the pinion angle

16. May 31, 2013 at 10:41 AM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    thanks bro!
    damn i donno then, maybe its the qa1's? lol Yup i wish this wasnt my dail driver then i would go crazy start cutting the bed apart and get some bags on there, but thats just a dream lol

17. May 31, 2013 at 11:08 AM
    Brendo Ballz808

Member:
    First Name:
    BRENDEN
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    SNOFLAKE
    What you mean can always go lower:) ima rock mines static drop daily scrappin manapuas hahah I like bags on certain trucks not all but that's just me ima static fanatic

18. May 31, 2013 at 12:18 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    access cabs are fatter :p

your truck is looking good!

19. Jun 1, 2013 at 1:56 AM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Run em haaaaaaard!!!

Lol that's true that would be why!! Thanks bro! One more from today
    20130531_184856_3947f20608106ed4f595704afea99fe505d7b92c.jpg

20. Jun 1, 2013 at 2:14 AM
    Brendo Ballz808

Member:
    First Name:
    BRENDEN
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    SNOFLAKE
    Dat ass doe!!
    Shit I won't be that much lower than you I think if I take the bumpstops off I'd sit a lil lower in the rear
    In looking at doing bilsteins up front prolly end of June or Julyish and qa1s may be coming after that so I can be slammed and not bottom everywhere

Maybe I'll get some procomp steel wheels 16x10s on 225/45/16 tehe and put my crossmember 1/2" from the ground hahahahahahahahahahaha I'm crazy I know

That's last part I might consider as spare wheels for shows

Products Discussed in

To Top