1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Let's have a TW discussion

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Oat, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 28, 2012 at 5:56 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    IMO, doing what it takes to avoid having your head kicked in isn't retaliation. Running after a guy in order to shoot him after he sucker punched you would be retaliation.

2. Mar 28, 2012 at 6:11 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    Six Witnesses and a Police Report

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/27/p...-fills-in-details-on-trayvon-martin-shooting/

...it looks like young trayvon may have instigated the assault...
    http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/26/p...-with-one-blow-then-began-hammering-his-head/

...nothing could be more obvious than the LSM and usual race-baiters here trying to gin up violence by crying wolf before examining a shred of what happened... as details continue to emerge, ...the egg is all over their faces, ...witnesses saw what happend, and it was trayvon on top of zimmerman pounding his head into the ground, ...zimmerman calling for help,

...the LSM's social justice agenda is clear as day - they purposely show a pic of trayvon from when he was a little boy, versus a mug shot pic of zimmerman, ... as it turns out, trayvon has "matured" a bit since then, ...and is into rolling more than "skittles", once you get "the facts" of his "tweets" on twitter, and his troubled record in school...

an "inconvenient" fact for the LSM and race-baiters, ...is that zimmerman has a hispanic heritage, ...so they've "course corrected" by calling him a "white hispanic" :rolleyes:

3. Mar 28, 2012 at 8:05 PM
    Oat

Oat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2001 Prerunner
    Gibson Exhaust, Painted factory steel wheels, Chrome wheel caps, K&N Air intake, Tint, Regular Bilstein (yellow/blue) all around, Leveling spacer kit upfront, Partially de-badged, Westin Bullbar with skidplate, White, Double Cab Prerunner SR5
    Well, zimmerman knows what happens. If he wrongfully killed him- he's got to live with it. Even if it was justified, the psychological burden that you have killed someone is pretty hefty.

It's not like hunting or a shooting game, if you kill someone they aint coming back.

4. Mar 28, 2012 at 8:07 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    According to police reports, Zimmerman was bleeding and had cuts on the back of his head as well as a broken nose. He was actually handcuffed and taken to the police station that night. I don't see anything wrong with him, nor do I see any blood on his clothing. Also, this "stand your ground" crap. He wasn't standing his ground, he was actively pursuing this kid after explicit instructions not to. Just my opinion of course.

5. Mar 28, 2012 at 8:14 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    as of now, we don't know where zimmerman went in the minute or so after talking to the 911 operator... the police account is that he claims he was confronted/attacked when getting back into his suv... either way, "pursuing" someone in your own neighborhood to see if they are up to no good isn't so strange (i.e. suspicoius activity, recent "break ins", etc), i sure as hell would appreciate my neighbors keeping an eye on things... the LSM is pulling facts out of their asses, ...don't fall for it... this isn't really about "stand your ground", ...it's the LSM's agenda to point fingers, especially at things they abhor, like being proactive about security in your own neighborhood and self-defense protections...

6. Mar 28, 2012 at 8:17 PM
    derekabraham

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Even if he was, it wouldn't matter. He's still wrongfully dead. I know Skittles and Nestea are deadly.

Maybe this kid was beating up this fat fucker because he was trying to also defend himself. He had no idea why this guy was following him. I know I'd be freaking out if I saw somebody following me in an SUV.

7. Mar 28, 2012 at 8:18 PM
    derekabraham

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    The point is though, is that he was told not to pursue and he still did.

8. Mar 28, 2012 at 8:19 PM
    PreRunner03

PreRunner03 Hail State

Member:
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner Double Cab TRD
    Not trying to stir shit up but that isn't a fact yet.

I know it doesn't really matter, I just want to know. It's a stupid little detail that I'll probably never find out for sure.

9. Mar 28, 2012 at 8:21 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    "wrongfully", ...well if you listen to the one side that jumped the shark, ok... :rolleyes: let me remind of one of the biggest cases of "intentional" journalistic malfeasance known as THE DUKE LACROSSE TEAM, who were "vindicated" when they were actually allowed to have their day in court... shouldn't the same be afforded to zimmerman, or is he somehow not innocent until proven guilty like i presume you would like to be in such situation?.. hmm?

10. Mar 28, 2012 at 8:22 PM
    derekabraham

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner

It is a fact though, in my opinion. This guy was told by police dispatch to stop what he was doing. He didn't. If that isn't fact then I don't know what is. I could understand if he actively saw this kid breaking somebody's window of an occupied home and Zimmerman came after him, but he wasn't. He was walking down the sidewalk with Skittles.

11. Mar 28, 2012 at 8:22 PM
    derekabraham

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    I wouldn't be in a situation like this. :laugh:

Like I said, this is all just my opinion. ;)

12. Mar 28, 2012 at 8:23 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    again, like i said - we don't have evidence he kept pursuing, ...by his account he was getting back into his vehicle... it might help if we had a map of the streets/area, and where his car was parked, ..etc.. my faith is in the official "investigation", ..not the LSM lynch mob...

13. Mar 28, 2012 at 8:25 PM
    derekabraham

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    What is an "LSM"?

14. Mar 28, 2012 at 8:27 PM
    Dhawk1313

Dhawk1313 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    99 SR5
    Clear Corners, Clear Turn Signals, Pioneer Headunit, Kenwood speakers up front, Alpines in back, Billy 5100's front + rear, Toytec AAL, Eibach/Toytec Coilovers, Toytec Diff drop, Smoked taillights
    It's a shame what happened to Trayvon and no one deserves death for that situation that occurred. It's a horrible tragedy but at the same time it's really hard to feel bad for the kid when he didn't really seem like an upstanding citizen. Like i said, that DOES NOT deserve death or what happened by any means, but I'd care more if the kid didn't seem like a trouble maker. Ex. being suspended, bragging about beating up the bus driver, etc.

Also, Al Sharpton fucking sucks.

15. Mar 28, 2012 at 8:27 PM
    PreRunner03

PreRunner03 Hail State

Member:
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner Double Cab TRD
    I was wondering the same thing.

16. Mar 28, 2012 at 8:29 PM
    MsTRD

MsTRD hell yes i love my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Samantha
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 White Prerunner TRD Sport
    I like how you keep mentioning the Skittles. The media definitely accomplished what they were trying to accomplish, making him look like an innocent kid with skittles and tea. He may have been innocent, may not have been...my opinion doesn't matter because there's no way I, or any of us really, will know what he was doing. But, the fact is, he was in a gated community that had recent burglaries and the neighborhood watch saw him as suspicious..I would have too.

Also, the 911 dispatch said to Zimmerman, "we don't need you to do that". I don't see that as a "direct order to stand down" as some are saying. Again, just my opinion

17. Mar 28, 2012 at 8:30 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    i largely agree, ...although, the question of "did he deserve it",... well, the real question is "was zimmerman justified" in what he did, ...he may have been if he was assualted and being beaten to a pulp (which there are witnesses to corroborate this) - again we weren't there, neither was the LSM and all the race-baiters like al, jessie, and spike lee inciting a vigilante mob...

18. Mar 28, 2012 at 8:31 PM
    derekabraham

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner

This. I still want to know what an LSM is.

He still didn't need to interact with this kid in any way. Keep an eye on him? Sure. Get out of his car? No.

19. Mar 28, 2012 at 8:35 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    ok, first of all IANAL, and not an LEO, ..but i would say that (at least knowing our laws fairly well here where i live, which isn't that FL town) that you couldn't claim self defense in the scenario as you describe it... i.e. you can't draw down on someone, if they aren't posing an immediate threat of harm/death that you can't safely evade... however, i don't think that's what happened w/ zimmerman/martin...

20. Mar 28, 2012 at 8:38 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    so, as a resident in my neighborhood (let alone the fact zimmerman had "watch" duty), i don't have the ability to investigate and perhaps question suspicious activity in my "gated community" (i.e. no soliciting, unwelcome visitors keep away), ..on my own turf?...

what ever happended to property rights... trayvon could have been trespassing on private property..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top