1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Let's see those trd sports!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Justyn98, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Mar 20, 2017 at 6:41 PM
    Justyn98

Justyn98 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justyn
    West Virginia and Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    09 barcelona red tacoma trd sport DCSB
    Led pod fog light inserts, kn cold air intake, Bilstein 5100 with 2 inch coil combo and progressive AAL. Touchscreen pioneer stereo and infinity components with 2 kicker comp r10's and jones turbine exhaust
    My 09 barcelona red tacoma with 3 inch rough country lift k&n cold air intake dual flowmaster 40 series exhaust custom made led headlights and pod insert fog lights billet grille and last but not least pioneer stereo system with 2 kicker comp r10s in the back!

IMG_20170318_173201_641.jpg

04chevy213, mattgecko and southcut like this.
  2. Mar 21, 2017 at 6:47 PM
    Lil'Red Taco

Lil'Red Taco Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    North Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2012 Red TRD sport
    White (Clear) Turn Signals, Parking lamps, Mudflap Delete. Pretty Serious Stuff!
    Nice truck man! Love the color! :thumbsup: Most of what you have done is what I'd like to do to my truck! so far the only thing I have done to it is driving all over the place. I've taken the mudflaps off, changed the stock turn signal bulbs to clear/white, same for parking lamps. I want to Black out the wheels, add some tint, and maybe toss a CB in it.
    Toyota Tacoma Camping.jpg

3. Mar 21, 2017 at 6:58 PM
    Justyn98

Member:
    First Name:
    Justyn
    Vehicle:
    Led pod fog light inserts, kn cold air intake, Bilstein 5100 with 2 inch coil combo and progressive AAL. Touchscreen pioneer stereo and infinity components with 2 kicker comp r10's and jones turbine exhaust
    Clean truck man! looks great! there's so much to do to these trucks to make them even more badass than they already are!

4. Mar 21, 2017 at 7:00 PM
    Lil'Red Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    North Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2012 Red TRD sport
    White (Clear) Turn Signals, Parking lamps, Mudflap Delete. Pretty Serious Stuff!
    I have tossed the idea around of getting in to a full size truck again. I decided against it, there is just to much you can customize on this thing! you really can make it your own and unique truck!

5. Mar 21, 2017 at 7:02 PM
    Justyn98

Member:
    First Name:
    Justyn
    Vehicle:
    Ive had the thought of a full size truck cross my mind but like you said there's
    just so much to do to make these trucks unique and your own!

6. Mar 21, 2017 at 7:04 PM
    Lil'Red Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    North Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2012 Red TRD sport
    our your rims stock? Just Colored black? I want to do that to mine, thinking it would be cheaper, Just not sure how they will turn out. I think the red with black looks amazing.

7. Mar 21, 2017 at 7:08 PM
    Justyn98

Member:
    First Name:
    Justyn
    Vehicle:
    yes they are stock i just took em off masked the tire off real good and used purple power to get any gunk off i used 4 coats of rustoleum black primer and 4 coats of the gloss black! and painted the toyota emblem on the hubcaps red! it needs some touching up since i had new tires installed

Lil'Red Taco likes this.
  8. Mar 21, 2017 at 7:12 PM
    Lil'Red Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    North Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2012 Red TRD sport
    I never even thought about that. I really didn't want to plasti-dip them. worried that would come off with all the rough roads and off roading (nothing serious) that we have in Idaho. gets kinda harsh sometimes. but I am sick of looking at my rims with rash (Previous owner) and other little nicks and scrapes from tires shops and so on. Does the little emblem on the center cap just pop off? I've never had to take it off (yet). It is an amazing idea, that I should have thought of a while ago!

9. Mar 21, 2017 at 7:15 PM
    Justyn98

Member:
    First Name:
    Justyn
    Vehicle:
    mine were plasti dipped at first but with all the road salt and muddy nasty weather we have in west virginia plasti dip only held up for so long so i broke out the big guns lol! and yes they just pop right out when you take the hub cap off and flip it over you can see right where it pops in and out at!

Lil'Red Taco likes this.
  10. Mar 21, 2017 at 7:19 PM
    Lil'Red Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    North Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2012 Red TRD sport
    sweet, I now know what I am doing for my first project this summer!

Justyn98[OP] likes this.
  11. Mar 21, 2017 at 7:21 PM
    Justyn98

Member:
    First Name:
    Justyn
    Vehicle:
    i even painted the calipers and drums red while i was at it! i painted the engine cover as well ill send you some pics on my next day off and give you some ideas and projects to do when it warms up!:thumbsup:

Lil'Red Taco likes this.
  12. Mar 21, 2017 at 7:24 PM
    Lil'Red Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    North Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2012 Red TRD sport
    That would be awesome!:) Right now I have my engine cover off while I was messing around trying to Reduce the taco tick. I have left it off for the time being, but would like to do something crazy with it! the intake looks a "little" ugly..

13. Mar 22, 2017 at 3:25 AM
    Justyn98

Member:
    First Name:
    Justyn
    Vehicle:
    The taco tick aggravates me to death sometimes! but get a k&n intake they aren't as ugly and sure do sound good!

Lil'Red Taco likes this.
  14. Mar 22, 2017 at 5:40 AM
    Lil'Red Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    North Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2012 Red TRD sport
    I have thought about getting one, but I kinda worry about the amount of dirt getting in to the engine (or the intake). some people swear by them, and others seem to hate them. The research I have done on them is definitely Biased. I'd rather see numbers VS peoples opinions. just haven't found them yet.

15. Mar 22, 2017 at 7:10 AM
    Justyn98

Member:
    First Name:
    Justyn
    Vehicle:
    Well I haven't had any problem out of mine and the only way a lot of dirt mud water etc will get in is if you're going through some pretty intense stuff

Lil'Red Taco likes this.
  16. Mar 22, 2017 at 7:27 AM
    mattgecko

mattgecko The LED Lighting Guy. MattGeckoLEDs.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    South San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB O.R. 4wd TRD Super Charged
    Welcome!

17. Mar 22, 2017 at 7:42 AM
    Lil'Red Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    North Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2012 Red TRD sport
    That is true, There are thousands of people that run them. I will have to dig a bit deeper! I had one on my 98' dodge ram with no real ill effects. (That I could tell anyways). That may be the second thing I add to my truck. the first thing I really want to do is slap a new muffler on! don't know what one to go with though. I knew joining this page would be bad... finding things to blow my money on, and many things to research! :goingcrazy:

18. Mar 22, 2017 at 7:51 AM
    Justyn98

Member:
    First Name:
    Justyn
    Vehicle:
    I have the Flowmaster 40 series on mine and it sounds awesome! only thing I would like to do is have a deeper more channeled exhaust but it's hard to do on these engines! I went with the single in dual out and trust me it sounds mean!

19. Mar 22, 2017 at 7:57 AM
    Lil'Red Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    North Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2012 Red TRD sport
    I want to put my tax refund to some kind of use, just want to go for a "cheaper" option. Single in and out is probably what I'm looking at. Im also impatient, so I want to try and find a shop that can do it locally. I'll have to look some shops up when I wake up!

20. Mar 22, 2017 at 8:24 AM
    Justyn98

Member:
    First Name:
    Justyn
    Vehicle:
    Should be able to get it for a good price just use your stock pipes and throw a tip on there and youre all set!

Products Discussed in

To Top