1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Let's See Your Cats!!!

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Markcal, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Nov 27, 2018 at 6:16 PM
    fathomblue

fathomblue I used to be disgusted; now I'm just amused.

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Eastern Kansas
    Vehicle:
    Cavalry Blue 2019 DCSB SR5 4x4

I got my old buddy Bandit when the people renting the house next door to me moved out and left her behind. I didn't realize at first that she had been abandoned. One day I was out on the back porch and she was hanging around and meowing loudly. I opened the door to go inside and she darted past me and made a beeline for the cat food bowl. She started wolfing down the food like a starving dog and when I touched her all I could feel was her bones. Her fur was so thick and long it hid the fact that she was nearly starved to death.

I fed her for a couple of weeks then one afternoon her former owners showed up looking for her. I told them in no uncertain terms that she was my cat now. They didn't seem too upset by the news; they told me they were planning to give her away anyway because "she didn't get along with their dogs." They thanked me for taking her and left and I never saw them again.

That cat was the best cat I ever had; we had 13 great years together til she passed from heart failure a little over two years ago, Man, I still miss her.

She liked to wrap herself around my head on the pillow at night.

As a small coda to this story, the house next door, an older double-wide that had never been taken care of, was for sale for years while the owners rented it to increasingly sketchy people. I finally shot the owners a very lowball offer which, to my surprise, they took. I bought the place and tore it down. No more problem neighbors! :thumbsup:

2. Nov 27, 2018 at 6:55 PM
    Taco Buggy

Taco Buggy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chance
    San Fernando Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black TRD Off Road 4x4
    Icon lift, 17” rims and tires, TRD Pro grill, Rigid light bar and fog lights, more to come
    Good for you! I don’t know how cats think but it just seems like it would be heartbreaking to be left behind. I’m just glad you went out on the back porch that day! :thumbsup:

Sorry for your loss, she certainly had beautiful colors.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  3. Nov 27, 2018 at 7:00 PM
    Taco Buggy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chance
    San Fernando Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    Icon lift, 17” rims and tires, TRD Pro grill, Rigid light bar and fog lights, more to come
    A lady I knew decided she wanted to move to a new apartment, new place didn’t take cats so she sent her 13 year old cat to a shelter. Pissed me off so bad I no longer talk to her. Not that we were close to begin with but still.
    Like you said, look until you find a place that accepts cats. It can’t be that hard.
    Sorry, rant over.

Arbie and wilcam47 like this.
  4. Nov 27, 2018 at 7:09 PM
    Taco Buggy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chance
    San Fernando Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    Have you tried the Feliway plug in or the Sentry calming collar? It’s supposed to help kitties during stressful times? :notsure:
    I think @US Marine mentioned it had helped his cats.

Arbie, US Marine and wilcam47 like this.
  5. Nov 27, 2018 at 7:48 PM
    wilcam47

wilcam47 Keep on keeping on!

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bourbon state
    wow....its hard to lose a pet, much less give it up like that. I feel bad for the cat.

6. Nov 27, 2018 at 8:07 PM
    Taco Buggy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chance
    San Fernando Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    I know right! In my mind it just says a lot about the person.

7. Nov 27, 2018 at 8:12 PM
    US Marine

US Marine Semper Fi

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Gallatin Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    02 Pre Runner supercharged 4cyl
    TRD supercharger , Doug Thorley header , K&N CAI 265/75-16 Toyo open country mud terrain , 15x8 Method Racing wheels , Rancho 3" lift , 4.88 gears , Detroit Locker
    Yes that Feliway really works and definitely will reduce stress

wilcam47 and Norsemanvike like this.
  8. Nov 28, 2018 at 6:48 PM
    maxtherat

maxtherat Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2001 Dodge Ram 2500, 1993 Jeep Wrangler
    All the usual diesel truck mods- fuel system upgrade, programmer, CAI, intake manifold, 60MM stealth turbo
    Good rant though- justified!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  9. Dec 1, 2018 at 9:36 AM
    Taco Buggy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chance
    San Fernando Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    @Norsemanvike
    Good morning. Woke up this morning and thought of Angel. How is she doing?

Norsemanvike and tcjacado like this.
  10. Dec 1, 2018 at 9:44 AM
    junaitari

junaitari Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Magnetic Grey Tacoma Off Road
    Nil
    Neat, a cat thread! Here is our little bastard. Such a loveable little scamp. He has a great personality.

20181116_202523.jpg
    20181117_205748.jpg

11. Dec 1, 2018 at 9:45 AM
    m603holden

m603holden @Koditten Pirate Radio member #063

Member:
    First Name:
    Marteeen
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma DCSB OR MT
    Lots of sail boat fuel
  12. Dec 1, 2018 at 10:30 AM
    Norsemanvike

Norsemanvike Well-Known Member

Member:
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    '18 Sport 4x4, DblCb, ShBd, BBP
    Thank you so much for asking.

For the most part okay. She stole my pillow last night and stayed for 1/2 the night which she hasn't done for a few days ( was a nightly routine ). She's more subdued, and the growth is as big as it was at her first surgery and growing. It's rather noticeable now. She drools occasionally because she can't properly close the left side of her mouth, she started a few sneezing fits, but her appetite is still there ( takes her a while to eat though) and she tries her normal habits. She does cry a bit when picked up. We continue to give her liquid pain meds to reduce any pain she might be having.

13. Dec 1, 2018 at 12:51 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Some Ollie love...

Then there was an unexpected noise in the kitchen... Full tactical alert status!

This morning he proved that cats are boneless...

14. Dec 1, 2018 at 5:19 PM
    US Marine

US Marine Semper Fi

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Gallatin Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    TRD supercharger , Doug Thorley header , K&N CAI 265/75-16 Toyo open country mud terrain , 15x8 Method Racing wheels , Rancho 3" lift , 4.88 gears , Detroit Locker
    Found Rascal in my kitchen !!! :facepalm:, she's 8.5 ft off the ground !!!

20181201_170845.jpg

15. Dec 1, 2018 at 5:28 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    That’s awesome.

None of my cats are climbers... the Christmas tree has been pretty much ignored. :notsure:

16. Dec 1, 2018 at 5:33 PM
    US Marine

US Marine Semper Fi

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Gallatin Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    I was in the kitchen after feeding Rascal and Gizmo when Rascal quickly ran up the cat tree and jumped/lunged maybe 5 ' to the top of the cabinet

Couldn't believe my 9 yr old cat would do this especially right in front of me !!!

17. Dec 1, 2018 at 5:34 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    They’re full of surprises sometimes aren’t they? :cool:

18. Dec 1, 2018 at 5:39 PM
    US Marine

US Marine Semper Fi

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Gallatin Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    Yes they are !!!

19. Dec 1, 2018 at 9:35 PM
    maxtherat

maxtherat Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2001 Dodge Ram 2500, 1993 Jeep Wrangler
    All the usual diesel truck mods- fuel system upgrade, programmer, CAI, intake manifold, 60MM stealth turbo
    Cats do an amazing job of getting themselves into trouble- not so good at getting out of it though.
    Suki found a new spot under the coffee table today. I perfer a pillow but I’m glad this works for her.
    E66735FB-C38D-4467-A6FB-DA3709C3322C.jpg

20. Dec 1, 2018 at 9:43 PM
    US Marine

US Marine Semper Fi

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Gallatin Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    Suki looks comfortable !!!

Arbie and tcjacado like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top