1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Let's talk about song recommendations for testing and showing off your audio !

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by acozzens, May 29, 2009.

1. May 30, 2009 at 6:41 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    I agree.

And as far as an additional suggestion:

Stevie Ray Vaughan works well. When my buddy and I were initially tuning the system, we used "Pride and Joy" along with "Little Wing" to tune the mids and highs. We used "Intergalactic" by the Beastie Boys to tune the bass.

2. May 30, 2009 at 6:42 PM
    toyotacoma

toyotacoma Member

Member:
    Fort Collins
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5
    Kenwood Excelon X-592 Custom TRD Badges
    Any "Attack Attack!" song!
    Breathe Carolina is amazing as well

3. May 30, 2009 at 7:48 PM
    GoBlueFan

GoBlueFan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Step bars, billet grill with custom TOYOTA, MB Quart RSI 216 components, Hifonics ZXi 4410, RAAMmat deadened doors/back wall/roof covered with ensolite , 24" Magnaflow muffler, hand polished stock exhaust tip, tinted, OEM TRD Bilstiens all around with 1/4" spacers up front to level it out. Sport wheels added.
    Another song I like to use it from Fresh Aire III. Toccata

The disc was recorded at a low level, so it's not as loud as other disc at the same volume level. But it has some crazy mid-bass stuff going on.

I prefer to use natural instrument stuff rather than over-processed so called music. Eric Kuntzel and the Cincinnati pops orchestra has some fantastic stuff, again from Telarc discs.

Kratso, someone showed me the difference one day at a sound off and I was amazed at the difference in how good the Telarc disc stuff sounds. Been hooked ever since.:thumbsup:

4. May 30, 2009 at 8:09 PM
    BUK 0H5

BUK 0H5 Still For Sale

Member:
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Silver 09 2.7L Manual AccessCab SR5 PreRunner
    Removed Mud Flaps, Suspension TSB, 5100's all around, JVC KW-AVX710 Head Unit with Metra surround.
    SUBLIME!!!
    Caress Me Down
    April 29, 1992

They aren't too harsh and thumpy so they probably won't shake any loose panels, and they have some really good low frequency variations. I love these songs but if they ever come on and I'm in a car without a sub woofer I have to turn them off cuz they suck without bass

Also Korn Freak on a leash is pretty good too I think.

5. May 30, 2009 at 8:53 PM
    blknblubkrdude

blknblubkrdude Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Gillette, WY
    Vehicle:
    96 Taco. 4X4, 5MT, 2.7
    Oil field truck with 250k miles...original powertain. Wheelers 881's/5-pack, Energy bushings throughout.
    Freaky Bopper and Oh Go by The Pack.
    U and Dat by E-40.

6. May 30, 2009 at 9:48 PM
    REVHARD25

REVHARD25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    so cal
    Vehicle:
    RUGGED TRAIL PACKAGE
    Tint on front windows. Dnx7120 kenwood. Rear tsb springs. Wet okoles seat covers UWS truck box Weathertech floor mats TSB floor mat hook grommets Satoshi grill AFE drop in filter Fumoto drain valve Bed mat
    for bass 3 six mafia...there is one track that has real low bass that ive blow speakers with:eek:

7. May 30, 2009 at 10:07 PM
    white+Peal

white+Peal Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    08 prerunner
    Magaflow catback exhaust, AEM CAI, front bumper made by famous fabrication, JBA long tube headers, All pro back bumper, BPF raptor style grill, 3' toytech lift
    oh yes! :)

8. May 30, 2009 at 10:19 PM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
    Thy Art is Murder- Infinite Death
    Thy Art is Murder- I'll Show you God

Oceano- Slaughtered like Swine

I have more I just need to think of them

9. May 30, 2009 at 10:51 PM
    Patrick

Patrick Well-Known Member

Member:
    One of the greatest songs to play in your truck is Van Halens "Panama"

10. May 30, 2009 at 11:06 PM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    2 songs that sound good that I hear on the radio are ice cream paint job, birthday sex

11. May 31, 2009 at 11:29 AM
    zero niner

zero niner romeo oscar bravo

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
    All Pro front plate bumper, 5100 1.75" Bilstein up front, 1" block and TSB in rear, UWS lowpro tool box, Toyota Side Steps
    So I think we've got the bass songs covered, I'd like to throw out Sarah McLachlan's Fumbling Towards Ectasy for smooth vocals, mids and highs. Also great for soundstage and imaging.

I used to tune home theater systems back in the day and one cool little trick we'd do was take your speakers, put cones underneath them and A/B music against the plain sitting speakers, then put a coin on on top in the middle front of the speaker, odd I know, but the clarity improved...

A tangent I know, but hey, I'm bored at work...

Rob

12. May 31, 2009 at 12:03 PM
    Mr Marv

Mr Marv 1-831-383-0308 7am-10pm pst Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Custom Built Enclosures/speaker adapters etc
    If you come listen to my system you'll most likely get an ear full of old school funk :D and a song that quickly came to mind that will test ALL aspects of your system is "Midas Touch" by Midnight Star. :) It features real instruments, people who can actually sing with a wide range in the vocals, "nuances" that pop up all over the stage, stuff that pans from left to right and right to left and a kick drum that will seriously test your bass/midbass attack/accuracy (if your stuff isn't "tight" :p your system will never accurately reproduce this track!). I have a bunch of other old school funk that will seriously test your system as well (I'll post some later if I have time) and along with Telarc check out http://www.chesky.com/ for some serious reference material. :)

13. May 31, 2009 at 12:46 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Just a tip, from my experiences. Rap songs have horrible bass, no matter how much it 'pounds' its generally not clean bass. All you guys that are downloading MP3's and burning them to CD's are losing ALOT of quality in the process as well. MP3's partiall compress music by removing most of the sound from ranges on the edge of human hearing. Generally you can get away with decent music from 320kbps and up, but lossless is the way to go.

You start 'pounding' that rap music through your system at 'max power' and you're introducing more distortion. Couple this with a 'cheap' amplifier, and you're going to blow your subs very quickly. I spoke with an audiophile who patented his own sound processing (kinda like THX) and you know what CD he gave me? Pink Panther! You woudln't believe the bass and overall quality of sound that my system produced on it. Very impressive.

Generally, I always stick to IASCA tracks for 'testing and showing off'. They're all refined and produce clean waveforms. For shits and giggles I ran one through my stereo with the JBL sub in the Taco, and I couldn't believe how much bass that little POS sub had in it. You woudln't have thought its stock sub! It kinda felt like I had a decent 10" in there :) Also, whenever you run an IASCA track as such, I highly recommend keeping the bass boost off on any amplifier. It simply overexcurts a sub in a power matched system. I almost always stick my hand in the center of the cone after running a little power through them to ensure they aren't overheating. You'll know, they warm to the touch quickly.

For the Record: I played Three 6 Mafia for my second round at a dB drag, it pounded like hell but I only achieved 138dB from two 12's. Threw the IASCA track in for the last round at rang in at 143dB. Big difference in clean bass.

14. May 31, 2009 at 4:32 PM
    itsmyturn

itsmyturn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab TRD sport
    afe Pro-Dry S dropin, Readylift leveling kit, TRD skid plate, Alpine CDA-9887, 6K D2S HID
    earth,wind and fire. most of their tracks are amazing. the focal demo discs also sound amazing. +1 for clean bass.

15. Jun 1, 2009 at 1:40 PM
    acozzens

acozzens [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    98056 , washington state
    Vehicle:
    06 4d 4wd trd sr5 silver
    Michelin ltx m/s WSU (cougs) License Plate Holder $1.99 Gate Theft Mod DIY HU install DIY SWI-JACK install DIY rear speaker & baffle DIY ipod audio/video interface DIY HD radio DIY Alpine pdx 5 DIY front components install DIY RedLine Tuning Gas hood lift ( very slick ) DIY slimcubby gb hid head/fog DIY extang trifold trifecta DIY dynolock tailgate lock
    wow, this has been a good thread very enjoyable.

I grabbed about 20 songs from this thread.
    It's very interesting to see what you all listen to.
    Some strange stuff, some great stuff. later this week i'll post all the songs I downloaded. It's my top playlist right now, a true mix of a little of everything.

16. Nov 3, 2009 at 3:02 PM
    05PreRunner

05PreRunner "Living life in the FAST lane..."

Member:
    <-(714)-> SO-CAL
    TRD intake, JBA "shorty" headers, URD y-pipe
  17. Nov 3, 2009 at 3:10 PM
    BigIslandWahine

BigIslandWahine aita peapea

Member:
    First Name:
    Pualilia
    Island of Hawai'i, Northern Tip
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport DC Longbed 4x4
    all stock except sounds. tint, Wet Okoles, Campershell w/Racks
    gotta have some reggae suggestions on here for deep bass... most Midnite songs have awesome bass, especially "Safe" and "Balance" off of the Assini album:rasta:

18. Nov 3, 2009 at 3:12 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    If your into Metal give Giles by Unearth a try :thumbsup: It'll rock your sock off!!!

19. Nov 3, 2009 at 5:51 PM
    TorenApart

TorenApart Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab SR5 TRD Sport
    Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, OME Nitrocharger shocks and Dakar leafs, Total Chaos UCA's, 18'' Black XD Monster, 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ, Leer shell, OEM Skid Plate, Weather Tech Floor Mats, Lund Tonneau, Custom 2-tone gray leather, Aero Turbine 2525 muffler with AR25 resonator, Aero Turbine Exhaust Tip, Mr. Marv subwoofer enclosure w/ 2 JL 10W3v2's, AFE Pro Dry S, Eclipse AVN-6620, Pioneer PRS-D2100T, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5'' Front Components, Black Headlight Mod, Tinted tail lights, PL5300 with Eclipse BEC-109
    Agreed. Bass is fun, but there is more to music than loud bass and SPL.

I really like Damien Rice's album ''O''. In particularly, "The blower's daughter" has some nice mid range instrumentals.

20. Nov 3, 2009 at 6:43 PM
    xodeuce

xodeuce mmmmmmbourbon.

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2004 UZJ100
    If you don't mind some foul language, Insane Clown Posse - "Aint yo' bidness" is crazy. I hate the song itself, but it's a dang impressive demonstration on a good system that can keep up with it when it's cranked up.

Products Discussed in

To Top