1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Leveling kit

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Superwhite13trd, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Apr 13, 2013 at 7:00 AM
    Superwhite13trd

Superwhite13trd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Washington pa
    Vehicle:
    2013 toyota tacoma double cab trd sport 6 spe
    5% tinted windows, plastidip badges and rims, tonneaupro trifold cover, 2 8" jbl subs in a vented enclosure
    I'm looking at raising my 2013 double cab and a friend of mine suggested to use a 3" level kit from ebay(which made me a little uneasy about doing it). The kit is made by Supreme suspension. I have read mixed reviews as is with every product and wanted to know if anyone else has use or is using it now. To give me a go or no go on it! I do not want to go 6 inches I just want to hug an 18 and a little bit taller sidewall so Nothing drastic

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Apr 13, 2013 at 9:40 AM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    AVS bug deflector, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, TRD skid plate w/ Sockmonkey decal, SOS Cocept sliders w/ Line-x, Pioneer 3500, Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus 6X9s & 6.5s, back up cam mod, Wet Okoles-front & rear, TRD exhaust, 17X9 XD Spy w/ Falken Wildpeaks, Avid light bar
    3 inch you will need new UCA. You do a better lift with 5100s. Spacers are a no no on this site.

3. Apr 13, 2013 at 10:08 AM
    Superwhite13trd

Superwhite13trd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Washington pa
    Vehicle:
    2013 toyota tacoma double cab trd sport 6 spe
    5% tinted windows, plastidip badges and rims, tonneaupro trifold cover, 2 8" jbl subs in a vented enclosure
    Well that's exactly what I was thinking. Seeing the price of the kit was rather scary. It seemed to good too be true. How much of a lift do the shocks support? And does it diminish the ride quality?

4. Apr 16, 2013 at 6:39 PM
    rotate

rotate Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    prerunner SR5
    You will usually get 1-2 inch lift depending on what notch you set them.I did not notice a drastic difference in my ride. had 2010 SR5. totaled it. plan to put them back on my 2013

5. Apr 16, 2013 at 6:48 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    I have 5100's set at 1.75 (next to the highest setting) with the stock sport coils and I actually like the ride better. It's not really any stiffer, just a tighter feel with less body roll. Now if you go to the next setting I hear it will ride kinda ruff. :notsure:

If this is enough lift/level for you I highly recommend it.

6. Apr 16, 2013 at 6:54 PM
    TampaTacoma

TampaTacoma Fish Killer

Member:
    Tampa
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 TRD Sport
    Toytec 3" suspension lift with Bilstein 5100's all around and 1.5" AAL in the rear
    I'm running the 5100's at 2.5 (highest setting) with Eibach spring coils and a 1.5" AAL in the rear on my 2013 DC and love the results. The ride is not stiff, as was my worry based on the "reviews" I read on this site. As TacoDawgfan mentioned, I also prefer the ride more now than I did with it stock - and that was my primary worry about the lift. The whole lift kit cost me $550 by having the garage order it directly from Toytec. You'll need to factor in labor though.

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top