1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

License Plate Front Bumper Scratch

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Drunknsloth, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Dec 10, 2010 at 10:50 AM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth [OP] Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    So I bought the color match touch up paint and tried to paint over the scratch on my front bumper from the previous owner's license plate. Now the paint looks horrible so I tried to use scratch removing wax and that didn't help much. Any ideas?

2. Dec 10, 2010 at 11:14 AM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    Tacoma with some stuff melted to it
    Buy a front license plate that you like

3. Dec 10, 2010 at 2:09 PM
    Dadic 78

Dadic 78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fil
    Edmonton, AB CANADA
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab TRD
    if you want to take it off, just use some paint thinners, reducer, or I even hear of some guys using nail polish remover to get it off. Just don't go too crazy with the stuff, as the clear on your truck will eventually soften up from these harsh chemicals. If it does soften up a bit, and look "smudgy" just polish it up with a mild polish, and done.

Oh, and keep in mind no touch-up will EVER look very good. The colour will always look off, not to mention the texture. So keep that in mind when doing touch-ups.

Products Discussed in

To Top