1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

License plates stolen(Texas)

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by gospurs21, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Feb 20, 2014 at 11:22 PM
    gospurs21

gospurs21 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Brownsville, Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 x2 Cab Texas Edition V6 prerunner, TRD
    So, im not sure this is the right place to ask this but tonight i got pulled over, thank god i knew the state trooper and he gave me a warning.. but when i got pulled over he went to the front of the truck and asked where my front plates were.. i found out my front plates were stolen/ mightve fallen off.. any dps officers in Texas know how much it is for replacement plates? officer told me it was probably around $60 and online it says its $6.50.. anyone know the true amount? thanks

2. Feb 21, 2014 at 8:24 AM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    Here in Florida you can get your plates replaced for free with a police report. Sorry bout that dude that sux. Criminals make things so inconvenient They should all be dog bit..!!!lol

3. Feb 25, 2014 at 1:54 AM
    gospurs21

gospurs21 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Brownsville, Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 x2 Cab Texas Edition V6 prerunner, TRD
    it was only $7 lol so i aint mad, thanks tho! and i agree.. haha

4. Feb 25, 2014 at 9:48 AM
    vssman

vssman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Naugatuck, CT
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 double cab
    When you put the new one on use stainless steel button head socket cap screws. Not many criminals walk around with allen wrenches. ;)

5. Jun 3, 2014 at 7:37 PM
    jboudreaux1965

jboudreaux1965 ragin cajun

Member:
    First Name:
    joseph
    abbeville
    Vehicle:
    2006 Pre-Runner TRD Sport
    3" coil-overs, AAL
    just wondering, never thought about someone stealing plates before??? until i read this, does anyone ever look at their plate? if you offered me $1,000 right now I could not tell you my plate number and have dis-assembled and re-assembled this truck inside and out more times than I can count doing mods.

i would never know if someone stole and switched plates or something like that, I'm asking the LEO guys, do you ever see that happening and what happens to the truck?

6. Jun 3, 2014 at 8:35 PM
    txmxer

txmxer Well-Known Member

Member:
    California and Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 dc tacoma
    - Total Chaos 3.5 Long travel kit - Fox 2.5 coilovers w/ resis -Prerunner bumper -Fiberglass front fenders -Fiberwerx tt bedsides - Dmz Sua - fox 2.5x16 triple bypasses
    I go to school in Texas and my buddy had cops show up to his house and calls home and what not because his plates ended up on a stolen vehicle. What happened was someone stole the plates off of his truck to put on a stolen vehicle so it would come up clean (in theory, even though the discription of the car would be completely different).

To Top