1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

License to Carry a Concealed Weapon Question?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by sammy87, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Feb 21, 2011 at 8:29 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
  2. Feb 21, 2011 at 8:31 AM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint
  3. Feb 21, 2011 at 8:37 AM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    Haha I love how everyone brings up Kennesaw. True, it does have a mandatory gun law...however that's such an old law. Probably 90% of the people who live in Kennesaw don't own a gun. I lived in Kennesaw for many years (went to college at KSU) and didn't own a gun.

Thanks for the info though dude, I'm gonna buy a handgun really soon so this was really helpful.

4. Feb 21, 2011 at 8:44 AM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint
    true its not really enforced...its just the idea you go to kenessaw to commit crimes you will get yourself shot....but i bet way more than half the people there own gun...it is GA after all

5. Feb 21, 2011 at 10:16 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I find it funny that you don't even live in Pennsylvania but you seem to think you know more about the laws than the residents who live here. I've gone thru this before with you.....
    READ! READ! READ!!

§ 6108. Carrying firearms on public streets or public property in Philadelphia.

No person shall carry a firearm, rifle or shotgun at any time upon the public streets or upon any public property in a city of the first class unless:

1.such person is licensed to carry a firearm; or
    2.such person is exempt from licensing under section 6106(b) of this title (relating to firearms not to be carried without a license).

http://paopencarry.org/uniform-firearms-act#6108

6. Feb 21, 2011 at 10:26 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    I agree with you. It does nothing more than draw attention to yourself. The last thing you need.....is draw 'negative' attention to yourself (cuz, it will be negative).

7. Feb 21, 2011 at 10:54 AM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

show me where i cant openly carry if licensed??? i thoroughly researched your states laws before visiting and i hold my LTCF from your state too

from the link you posted earlier lets try reading! i have openly carried in philly!

notice the empty holster only because i was in a federal building!
    Photo0017_895de98d298f45d43399244f1cf7232a4020dbf6.jpg
    cant see it here but i was OC at Pats Steaks
    Photo0014_83c6063f1c4e6a364989209551b836f9eccd9859.jpg

8. Feb 21, 2011 at 11:11 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    My apologies...that's news to me. But the question is.... If you have an LTCF, why would you open carry in Philly? Carry concealed.

9. Feb 21, 2011 at 11:24 AM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

why would i carry any different just because im in a certain city? why especially in the birthplace of American liberty would i need to hide the exercising of my civil rights?

halloween with my niece in GA
    [​IMG]
    day before halloween at a party dressed as Yukon Cornelius
    [​IMG]

10. Feb 21, 2011 at 12:20 PM
    Jimmyjohn

Jimmyjohn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Big Sky Country Montana
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 DLB CAB
    Smitty Blt Bull Bar& Skid Plate, PIAA 525SMR lights
    Open carry in a city in Montana and cause a panic you will be arrested and fined. The same goes for concelled if seen by the public and causes unrest.

11. Feb 21, 2011 at 1:32 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

you can be arrested for anything im sure a civil rights attorney will be glad to take the case...

what im readin says cities only have the power to make ordinances concerning these places

Complete state preemption of firearms laws except localities may regulate the carrying of concealed or openly carried firearms to:

• [*]A public assembly
      [*]A publicly owned building
      [*]A park under it's jurisdiction
      [*]A school

12. Feb 22, 2011 at 7:59 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Look at the previosly posted nra ila links. They will give you all the info on firearms that you need for your each individual states. To the person who said it was out dated didn't relize that the date on the page was the last time anything was changed. If you feel that it was an error, please feel free to contact the nra to clear up any confusion.

13. Feb 24, 2011 at 9:56 AM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

no the Georgia link about 2 years out of date and people on the local gun board have notified them....it still remains unchanged

the best source for info is www.GeorgiaCarry.Org and www.georgiapacking.org for anything GA related

Products Discussed in

To Top