1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift Advice: How do I not mess up my truck?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by goaggies2011, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Nov 7, 2010 at 6:18 PM
    goaggies2011

goaggies2011 [OP] Member

Member:
    While I know this is probably over-asked, I searched and couldn't find a definitive answer to the question.

How do I lift my truck 3" and NOT have any problems?

I know its basically damage control, but I've read some threads where people cut corners and have problems that could mean pricey wear on the truck:eek:

What are some of the things I can do to ensure that my lift will not mess up my truck in the long run?

Thanks guys.

If it helps I've got a '07 Prerunner Access Cab

2. Nov 7, 2010 at 6:22 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX or College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner V6 Black
    Viper Alarm, In Pro Car Wear L.E.D. Tail Lights, Fog Lights, ScanGuageII, AvidOffroad Light Bar, Ammo Box Mod, Tailgate Theft Prevention Mod, Satoshi Grill, Hella 500ff behind the grill, blendmount, Cruise Control Mod, Fog Light Mod, 5100's @1.75, Toytec TSB AAL 1.5".
    If you wanna keep evrything in check at 3" get UCA's. Without them your alignment is way off. You best bet to keep everything in order is to go for like a 2 or 2.5 inch lift.

3. Nov 7, 2010 at 6:26 PM
    DiamondDG

DiamondDG Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Cal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner DC TRD Sport
    3" Ready lift SST lift, Magna Flow cat back exhaust, Volant cold air intake, Grillcraft MX grill, N-Fab Prerunner light bar w/ 4 Hella 7 series lights
    I have run the Ready-lift SST kit on 3 trucks and I am sold on it. I have a combined mileage of about 50k between all three trucks with never a problem. I have installed several for friends and they are sold too. Alot of bang for the buck. The SST gives you 3" front and 1" rear. Room for 33" tire.

4. Nov 7, 2010 at 6:38 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    IMO your best route would be to go spindles. With total chaos you can get 3.5 inches of lift, no alignment problems no ball joint problems and factory suspension geometry.

5. Nov 7, 2010 at 7:15 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Don't lift it. :p:p:p

6. Nov 7, 2010 at 7:16 PM
    sooner02r1

sooner02r1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Don't get top plate spacers, don't get AAL. If you just have to have spacers up front, make sure they are the kind that compress the spring, and even these can eventually blow up your stock shocks because they are topped out all the time. AAL will wear out your factory leaves with time.

I have been running Bilstein 5100s up front on stock springs, Camburg UCAs, and rear stock for 50k miles, 0 problems. I think the OME lifts are good quality, just don't cheap out on the rear, get a full leaf pack. Coilovers in the front are probably the best option, but most expensive.

Get a good alignment so you won't tear up your tires.

7. Nov 7, 2010 at 7:24 PM
    DiamondDG

DiamondDG Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Cal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner DC TRD Sport
    3" Ready lift SST lift, Magna Flow cat back exhaust, Volant cold air intake, Grillcraft MX grill, N-Fab Prerunner light bar w/ 4 Hella 7 series lights
    Of course if you have a big wallet and don't want to mess around buy King!;)

To Top