1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

lift help for my 06

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ttonon17, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Jun 23, 2011 at 11:34 PM
    ttonon17

ttonon17 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Va
    I need something to give me 1inch of lift because my tires are really close to touching the fenders but I can't afford a lift right now. Will after market shocks help? Im going to eventually put a lift on so I'd like to get something that i can still keep on when I do lift my taco.

Thanks,

Taylor

2. Jun 23, 2011 at 11:42 PM
    Maverick904

Maverick904 Resident Fishing Expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM
    front or back? do you mind sharing your budget exactly? it sounds like bilstein 5100s are what u need if they are up front. check them out..do some searching on here.. they are adjustable so you can get your clearance, and they are able to go up to 2.5" on their own so they can be used with a lift further down the road

3. Jun 24, 2011 at 12:01 AM
    ttonon17

ttonon17 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Va
    I did'nt want to put too much into but those were what i was thinking about buying. It is in the front but why would i only get them for the front. Will it make it sit higher in the front, if so should i get them for the back too?

Thanks

4. Jun 24, 2011 at 12:05 AM
    Maverick904

Maverick904 Resident Fishing Expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM
    these would level your truck out if from the little bit you would raise it. you can go ahead and get new shocks for the back but thats not necessary. if you wanted to lift the truck down the road you could jack up the billies and put an add a leaf in the back.. there are ways of gettin 3 inches with the billies but i have not ran them and am not sure of the details..

installing these up front will give you the freedom to do whatever you want with your front end, you can clear your tires. (what size are you running btw?) and when you want to lift, they can still be used in creating a 3" lift

5. Jun 24, 2011 at 12:12 AM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    Billy 5100's sounds like what you need, they give you what you need and can give you more later on down the road....

Products Discussed in

To Top