1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift is in but have a question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by 97lt1ta, Apr 17, 2013.

1. 97lt1ta

97lt1ta [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    07 prerunner
    Made a few posts on my lift kit which is a pro comp 3 inch. Finally got everything in but my alignment is off which I figured would happen. But it's got me thinking I screwed up cause its so bad that the front is grinding. The brakes are grinding on the rotor with out it being pressed. I'm taking it to get an alignment tomorrow but not sure if that's with alignment or I screwed up

2. BradyT88

BradyT88 Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    Rock Damage
    Skinkwerks armor and a lot of other stuff!
    Are the brakes grinding while you are diving down the road in it? It is normal for there to be some rubbing when the vehicle is off. I can't imagine a lift would screw that up though, unless you over torqued the lugnuts so bad that you severely warped the rotors.

3. sr5vic

sr5vic Remember?

Member:
    First Name:
    Bret
    Victoria BC
    Vehicle:
    '13 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    265/75/16 Duratracs, 16" Konig Countersteer Offroads, 1" Bora Wheel Spacers, Bilstein 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, OME 884's, Wheelers's Offroad 2" AAL, Wheeler's 10mm Enhancer Kit, Wheeler's Extended Brake Lines, Trail Gear Diff. Breather, TRD Skid Plate, UWS Low Profile Tool Box, Yellow Fog Lights, Ultra Gauge, AVS Step Shields, 2014 Entune Premium Audio Navigation Head Unit, 2014 Steering Wheel Controls, D2S X Beam HID Retrofit with BLHM.
    might of bent a dust shield into the rotor?

4. Millertime187

Millertime187 I'll be your huckleberry!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Clay City, KY
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 Single Cab Taco!
    EZ Lift/Pro Comp 3" lift. Spacer in front, add a leaf in rear, Bilstien 5100 shocks, TC UCA, 5% Tint all around, Painted all trim to match. Magnaflow muffler dumped, drop in k&n air filter, tinted tail lights
    Have you really heard of somebody tighten a wheel so hard a rotor warps? That's impossible!

5. BradyT88

BradyT88 Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    Rock Damage
    Skinkwerks armor and a lot of other stuff!
    Not personally no. haha and not as severe enough to grind especially. I would think the wheel studs would break or strip first. I have heard of people tightening them enough to cause minor warping though that causes the the brakes to basically pulsate though, but that is usually on small cars with smaller rotors than we have.

6. tacoma guy

tacoma guy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix Az.
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Prerunner TRD
    Bilstein 5100's set @ 0 with OME 883x coils up front . Viper Alarm. Wet Okole seat covers. WeatherTech Floor liners front and back. Oem Toyota chrome exhaust tip. American Outlaw Wheels (Buck shot). 265/70R16 Hankook Dynapro ATM's.
    X2 ^

7. 97lt1ta

97lt1ta [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    07 prerunner
    Yup you guys are correct dust shield was a little bent so when the tire was tightened down pushed the rotor into it. Thanks guys feel like an idiot

To Top