1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift kit advice, icon stage 2?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tennesseeguy, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Dec 13, 2015 at 8:20 AM
    tennesseeguy

tennesseeguy [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4
    hey guys I am looking to get my first lift kit for my Tacoma but needed some advice. I have a 2012 4x4 trd off road access cab, everything stock with the off road ...yes even the rugged trails.
    I have about a 5k budget for the lift, new tires and install. I won't be doing a lot of heavy off roading but I live in East Tennessee so will be driving on some steep trails at times.
    Would the icon stage 2 with a 3inch lift and either nitto trail grapplers or bf Goodrich ko2's be a good choice?
    I have looked at some cheaper lifts from pro comp and others but want to make sure I don't screw up my truck in the process since I'm new to this . Any advice would be appreciated I'm open to any suggestions thanks !

2. Dec 13, 2015 at 8:30 AM
    skippermike

skippermike Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4 w/off road mods
    3" Icon lift, coilovers, reservoir r. shocks, AAL, Icon UCA, 17" Eagle wheels, extra electrical, inverter, ICOM VHF
    I have the ICON kit, with the billet UCA and the ICON Add-a-leaf, in place of the factory bottom leaf - it is all at 2 1/2" lift. The factory UCA reportedly don't like +2 1/2" lift. If you are going for 3", you might investigate the ICON UCA - call them, they are good to talk with re any questions.

3. Dec 13, 2015 at 11:24 AM
    Schism

Schism Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC LB Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    I was thinking about going with the same 3" Icon stage 2 lift kit. I really wanna do the stage 3 with tube UCA but that's like $600 more! Is it really that much better? I'm just looking for a nice suspension and lift upgrade and icon looks reliable and durable.

4. Jun 18, 2016 at 7:07 PM
    Spade

Spade Active Member

Member:
    Lake of the Ozarks
    Vehicle:
    TRD OFF ROAD BLACK
    Full Tint, Truxedo Rollup Tonneau cover, Rigid Industries Grill Insert, Off road Chrome bezel grill swap to Sport painted, 20" SR Series Rigid LED light in the grill, 30" Rigid LED light below,
    Looking at the same did you get the stage 2?

Products Discussed in

To Top